Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Sam Cosmi, OT Texas

zCommander

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

I'm confused by this pick.

Since he's our second rounder, we know he will be a bust, but he doesn't have an injury history, and there are no reports of mental issues, and he's not a physically limited LB...I must be overlooking something.

I heard he dropped a mixtape and cast this guy for the music video:

image.jpeg.88e8674adb68e46a4759237e843eb29d.jpeg

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, method man said:

I’m pumped about Cosmi but why would isn’t he getting more flak about 33” arms? That is shorter than Charles’s

First he's got huge hands. They're bigger than Darrisaw's. That offsets some of it.

Also, footwork and lateral quickness, can compensate for shorter arms.

We know he has the former, because he ran for a TD after a catch, getting YAC before scoring.

And by NFL standards, 33 is not extremely short for an OT

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

I absolutely LOVE this pick. He is an unbelivable athlete, tested better than Trent Williams. He has some issues that he needs to work on but all the tools are there and he is a really  tough guy. I am really confident that we got the right coaching staff to maximize his talents.

John Matsko has done such a great job with basically everyone on our line and that in just one offseason. We now have great depth, great athleticism and a coach I am super confident in getting the most out of these guys.

LT: Lucas, Cosmi, (Charles)

Guard: Scherff, Schweitzer, Flowers, Charles

C : Roullier, Ismael

RT: Moses, Sharpe

If someone goes down like it happens every year we for once won't have to sign some guys from the street. There is actual talent to fall back on. I am pumped.

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That Video is great. Are you Serious?! He lost it there a sec. Ron was like dude your making this weird. lol..Awesome stuff...

Ron admitted to a reporter after being asked that he got emotional in this moment. So did everyone I've shown. These are some of life's great moments..

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TK said:

If Cosmi isn't a day one starter at OT (and maybe even if he is) he'd make a great jumbo/goal line blocking TE with surprise pass catching ability.

Dude ran a 4.85 at his pro day but he was disappointed as his top times during training were in the 4.7s.

Great pickup!

XXXXX

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Narrator said he's "a BIG man - 210 pounds". lol

He bulked up between the end of the season and the draft. The dude gained damn near 100 pounds of solid muscle.

That's what I call dedication!

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

6 hours ago, petey hodge said:

It's so refreshing, this draft...  First two spots were areas of need?  So mature!  I recall when we'd have two WR and a TE in the first 3 rounds back in the good 'ol days.

That draft set us back like 5 years.   Cerrato should have been fired immediately. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

The narrator gave me a headache. He said "dog" so many times, I started thinking I might actually be a dog. 

I loved it, he's got some great one-liners in there.

"This dude got body counts".

"It's like if he ain't playing football, this dude be in jail, dog".

" 'Cos what he does to another human being, it's not right".

"You can't be doing that to cats, dog" 🤣.

I'm really rooting for Cosmi. He looks like he could easily add another 10-15 pounds and hopefully tidy up his technique a little with some good coaching.

I'm calling it now, he's gonna become a big fan favourite and remove the smell left over from the TW debacle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

First he's got huge hands. They're bigger than Darrisaw's. That offsets some of it.

Also, footwork and lateral quickness, can compensate for shorter arms.

We know he has the former, because he ran for a TD after a catch, getting YAC before scoring.

And by NFL standards, 33 is not extremely short for an OT

Someone did a study on length numbers of Pro Bowl OTs over the last several years and Penn was the shortest at 33” so Cosmi is at the low end of that.

I’m not complaining. Worst case he and Charles (if he stays healthy) become elite guards for us in 2022

• Like 2