Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

every team is passing on him so who knows what was found out other then an Injury that could keep him out this season - torn pec is what I’ve heard.

Yeah I can understand that. But I just have a hard time believing that a mediocre backup DT was our best option in the 2nd round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Dexter said:

Whoever is calling the shots in this draft is really struggling and will be fired soon.  I just don't understand what we are doing....I'm just sooo confused and disappointed. 

This is what happens when Ron Rivera and Martin freaking Mayhew are your GM. This franchise is dead.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, rumplestilskin said:

Hopefully we got Albert Hainsworth with good character. Fingers crossed

Nope. Not that kind of athlete or player. He’s a big body space eater. I hate to be too negative because he should be pretty decent for us and I don’t want to down the kid. It’s not his fault he was taken at 47.

But…

What the hell are we doing?

• Like 7

We're not going to trade Daron.  Rivera needs him to try and win this year.  They're going to let him walk for nothing next offseason.

IMO this bad pick was a consequence of previous mistakes.  The mistake of missing out on Jordan Davis.  The mistake of trading for Wentz and his bad contract which priced us out of being able to extend Daron.  The mistake of picking Jamin Davis in the first round last year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

ESPN had him rated very similar to Travis Jones from UConn. For folks who have watched Travis Jones, any issue that he was making plays against inferior teams/competition? If they had similar production- doesn’t Mathis get some credit from doing it against the best OL and RBs in the country in the SEC?

And doesn’t that fact that pretty much every Alabama DT of the last 5 years has been successful carry some weight?

Dean must have some significant injury issue. And we clearly like a lot of safeties and LBs in this class. 

We have got to trade Payne for a 3rd. I’d even take a 5th and a 3rd next year at this point.

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Well that was...anticlimactic. He's a decent player but nothing special. Somewhat underwhelming pick. Can't understand taking him over Dean.

I am so sick of hearing about us passing on a player that everyone else is passing on too

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Sorry, late 3rd...by PFF

PFF Rank

POSITION
DI
CLASS
RS Sr.
SCHOOL
Alabama
HEIGHT
6' 4"
WEIGHT
SPEED

Mathis is a plug-and-play run defender at the next level with the kind of length to two-gap consistently. He graded out as an above-average run defender for four straight seasons in college.

SHOW DRAFT GUIDE PROFILE
SEASON SNAPS SEASON GRADE
2021 547

93rd / 861 DI

B547558B-A0F0-4126-A792-FB63AD7FF0BD.gif

Sorry, late 3rd...by PFF

PFF Rank

POSITION
DI
CLASS
RS Sr.
SCHOOL
Alabama
HEIGHT
6' 4"
WEIGHT
SPEED

Mathis is a plug-and-play run defender at the next level with the kind of length to two-gap consistently. He graded out as an above-average run defender for four straight seasons in college.

SHOW DRAFT GUIDE PROFILE
2021 547

93rd / 861 DI

• Haha 2

Sorry, late 3rd...by PFF

PFF Rank

POSITION
DI
CLASS
RS Sr.
SCHOOL
Alabama
HEIGHT
6' 4"
WEIGHT
SPEED

SHOW DRAFT GUIDE PROFILE
2021 547

93rd / 861 DI

Feeling this type of hollow defeat on the one weekend of the year that every teams’ fans are supposed to be able to dream of the future with hopeful stars in their eyes is just…soul-crushing. Makes me want to quit way more than any MNF divisional beatdown, personally 

• Like 1

There were like 20 players I was gonna joke and say it was them during commercial break. And didn't cause it possibly could have been one of those guys. I didn't even think of who it ended up being. We need so much help in soany spots. DL should have not even been considered. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Jonathon Allen’s been lobbying for him since the season ended.

He reportedly told Rivera “Phiderian’s a solid no non-sense lunchpail type that may never make a pro bowl or lead the team in sacks or tackles but he will follow my orders without complaining and he won’t be taking swings at folks on Monday night football either!”

Well considering Allen was the one doing the swinging........