Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

If this season doesn’t work out I hope 

ron and co. Are gone 

I don’t know wtf Ron is thinking.  They trade back, which was dumb in the first place, because they thought Hamilton would be there.  He gets snatched up before their pick and they reach on a small receiver when they could have had one of the top prospect wide outs had they kept their pick.   Dumb.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

The consolation there is we have 2/3/4/4 now. Lots of opportunities to add quality defensive pieces there ... we'll see.

Personally would have rather have gone Hamilton over what’s essentially 2 4ths.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not really. We passed up on two blue chippers. Those 3rd and 4th rounders will flame out in 2-3 years. 

Dotson isn't a bad player but a WR like that would for sure be available in round 2. 

We now have incredible speed to burn at WR but it makes me wonder about Dyami Brown? Or should we be worried about losing Terry? 

Terry, Samuel, Dotson, Brown, Sims.....We have 4 burners now to absolutely stretch the field.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Great hands.

He finds holes in zones like Olave. A step slower. Breaks tackles and plays like a man, whereas Olave doesn’t break tackles. M

I think he’s better than Olave. But by a hair. He’s fun to watch.

Best comp is a guy who plays like Santana Moss.

No that can’t be true sorry but if he’s not talked about on Good Morning Football he can’t play. Hate the pick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nah.

Jamin was a legit second rounder. Dotson was going to go in the first. Most likely low to mid 20s. 

But it is a slight reach. 

I wasn’t really on the trade down bandwagon. But I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume Williams’ medicals didn’t check out when we traded back. 

Disappointed it wasn’t Lloyd though. I thought we needed a receiver, but, slightly underwhelming after being at 11.

But I am excited by Dotson. 

That's how I see it.  I saw Dotson as a sure fire first rounder but in the 20s

Dotson headed to the previous college seasons as many draft geeks #1 receiver.  His breakout age was 19.  He's not an out of blue, one year wonder, gym shorts prospect like Jamin Davis.  Apples to oranges.

He's a good player.    Good character.  Big production -- almost 1200 yards receiving.  He was Penn State's featured offensive weapon. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 11
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Olave wasn't a reach at 11.  Dotson is a reach at 16.  

That's a confusing POV since people have been talking about how Olave would be a reach at #11 for a month now, until the Saints took him. If we had stood pat and taken Olave, people here would mostly be saying it was a reach and we telegraphed our pick all offseason. 

Dotson I agree is a slight reach but he's been projected as a guy to go in the early 20's for a bit now, people were salivating over the Chiefs getting him after a potential trade up, etc.

He's a bonafide 1st round guy and WR never pans out the way we think when there's this many 1st rounders, those mid-late 1st round WR's have a very good hit rate and the top guys are often overdrafted in retrospect. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No it’s not. Relax. 

Williams would have hurt this year because of a small ROI. But this team is going to have to hit big on those added picks to convince me it was worth it. Cuz I’m pretty sure Jameson is gonna be special. If hamilton somehow fell to 16 that woulda made a difference too. But I sincerely feel we dropped just outside the top tier talent of this draft. 

If the 3 and 4 even combine for a solid starter I’ll feel differently but the difference to me between Williams and Dotson or even hamilton is pretty significant. 

Edited by moondog
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I like this pick, man. My WR4. He reminds me so much of Santana Moss. He’s got speed and he breaks tackles. Plays like Olave at finding holes in zones.

Having said that… 

Its a bit underwhelming considering what we gave up and Lloyd/Jermaine Johnson on the board.

I think this was a case of the team trading down to target a few players they liked and those players got picked before you were on the clock again...

Just now, The Rook said:

Really curious about the people who "liked Olave, but in a trade down, not at 11", what do you think about Dotson at 16?

Also, strangely ironic that the team was willing to trade up to take him at 11.

:229:The Rook

I like Dotson as a player, but I think he was a bit of a reach at 16. I saw him as more of a late 1st guy. Though to be honest I actually like him more than Olave. He has a lot of what Olave has but add to that a physicality and suddenness that Olave lacks.

Not incredibly enthusiastic about the pick, considering that we passed up on some elite talent by trading back, but I guess I'll just wait and see.

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

I don’t know wtf Ron is thinking.  They trade back, which was dumb in the first place, because they thought Hamilton would be there.  He gets snatched up before their pick and they reach on a small receiver when they could have had one of the top prospect wide outs had they kept their pick.   Dumb.

Aren't you assuming an awful lot saying the Commanders expected Hamilton to be there at 16?

Are you in the war room?

• Thanks 2

"Dotson's athletic ability and impressive season at Penn State have NFL scouts paying attention and even thinking he could become the next Tyreek Hill.
He is the draft's second-best deep threat, after Jameson Williams, and is a top-level prospect that could explode at the next level. It's likely Dotson will be taken in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft - it's just unlucky for him this is such a loaded class as any other year he would likely be picked in the top half."

:229:The Rook

• Like 5

Just now, kingdaddy said:

We now have incredible speed to burn at WR but it makes me wonder about Dyami Brown? Or should we be worried about losing Terry? 

Terry, Samuel, Dotson, Brown, Sims.....We have 4 burners now to absolutely stretch the field.

With Logan, mckissic and gibson.  We didn’t need another vertical guy as a 3/4 in the first when you can find speed later

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

No that can’t be true sorry but if he’s not talked about on Good Morning Football he can’t play. Hate the pick. 

Actually he was earlier this week. They were talking up the 1 hand catch against Ohio State and how I guess they had him on the show and they liked him a lot.

The slot position has been disgustingly bad in recent seasons in Washington. Using the slot position is one of the more effective ways to move the ball down the field. Washington now has a first round talent manning the position. 

• Like 2

So, I don't know beans about this guy, so I have absolutely no idea if it's going to work or not.  But, he's got speed and catches the ball.

Pair him with McLaurin, Samuel (and word is he's healthy), Brown, Gibson/McKissic from the RB position, and Logan Thomas/Bates at TE ....

At the very least, that's a TON of versatility and a TON of speed.  

I'll take that.  

• Like 1