Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not really. We passed up on two blue chippers. Those 3rd and 4th rounders will flame out in 2-3 years. 

Dotson isn't a bad player but a WR like that would for sure be available in round 2. 

So trading 2 3rds for Wentz is not an issue at all right?  They will flame out. 

If he plays well where you get him makes no difference. may not have been there when we pick in the 2nd. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Blanka said:

I liked what I seen of him during the season in passing.

I wasn’t over the moon when Terry was selected. Since then I’m a let’s see what happens kinda approach with these things. Give the kid a shot 

Mclaurin was drafted way later, so far rivera has an obvious firsr rounder and 2 reaches in the first round....hes gotta go if this season is a losing one

• Like 2

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Trade back and take Dotson is a solid move. We clearly wanted London or Wilson.

Picks 2,3,4,4 looks a damn sight better though.

In a deep draft, I am happy about having 2-3-4-4 now. Would have preferred Lloyd, but LB/S could be a sweet spot in Rounds 2-3 so let's see how the rest unfolds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This team has no creativity in the draft, AJ Brown was available and we didn't bite? Instead we took Dotson, who was a huge reach. 

Huh? We're gonna pay AJB $100M and pay Terry similar? Nah you need that rookie contract at the position locking you in for 4-5 years

• Like 2

Just now, Berggy9598 said:

So what can ya’ll tell me about Dotson’s game other than he wasn’t really talked about in the media? 

Great hands.

He finds holes in zones like Olave. A step slower. Breaks tackles and plays like a man, whereas Olave doesn’t break tackles. M

I think he’s better than Olave. But by a hair. He’s fun to watch.

Best comp is a guy who plays like Santana Moss.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, mistertim said:

There's no reason to assume our 2 mid rounders we got from this trade will even become starters. They're more likely to do nothing or be special teamers or backups...or be off the team in a couple years.

Seems like not having a 4th rounder - that hole can be filled by free agency. Maybe more than filled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This team has no creativity in the draft, AJ Brown was available and we didn't bite? Instead we took Dotson, who was a huge reach. 

Couldn’t  pay Terry and AJ.  Never a thought.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

There's no reason to assume our 2 mid rounders we got from this trade will even become starters. They're more likely to do nothing or be special teamers or backups...or be off the team in a couple years.

This team has done better with 2nd -4th round picks then it has with 1st round picks. 

• Thanks 1

This is so on-brand for this organization:  Trade down, while passing on true Blue Chip talent, accrue a few mid-round picks (which will maybe turn out to be "solid" players, of which we have way more than enough), select a big reach with your first when you had a stud LB in Lloyd available.

Just brace for Ron's forthcoming nauseating reasoning for this huge reach - his 2nd in the first round in two years.

We have no red zone threat outside of a gimpy 30 year old Thomas.  We're going to have to score from outside the 20 every freaking time.  But, this is what you get when you assemble a team of people who never built a damn thing.  Great going, Ron.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

So trading 2 3rds for Wentz is not an issue at all right?  They will flame out. 

If he plays well where you get him makes no difference. may not have been there when we pick in the 2nd. 

We overpaid for Wentz too. But that's for a proven QB. You pay a premium for those.

This was a deep WR class. We definitely could have gotten someone similar at 47.

Come on people that don't like this pick.  DJ said Dotson had the best hands in the draft and reminds him of Desean Jackson.  That's high praise coming from a man that worked as a scout and for NFLN.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

We have drafted well, per PFF over the last 3 years and this is a deep draft. I would bet the 3rd and 4th rounders we added by trading down are players that play this year. 

• Like 4

Like most of you guys I don't love this pick.  I was hoping Hamilton would fall to 16.  Once he was off the board I was hoping for Devin Lloyd or Tyler Lindenbaum.     Even amongst the WR's I like Treylon Burks more.   I wished we just stayed put at 11 and drafted Hamilton.  That said, I also hope the front office was correct and we got a good player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Not really. We passed up on two blue chippers. Those 3rd and 4th rounders will flame out in 2-3 years. 

Dotson isn't a bad player but a WR like that would for sure be available in round 2. 

I mean, every pick can flame out.  Something like 80% of picks flame out regardless of when they are picked.  The hit rate is not great no matter what.

I love the draft, but I find the teeth grinding really amusing because we've seen "can't miss" prospects miss (for all teams) all the time.  It's a complete guessing game.

And McClaurin was a 3rd, Cam Kurl was a 7th (I think)..  Gibson was a 3rd.  You can get really good players in the mid-round and they can stick. In fact, I think this regime has done a pretty good job of finding good value in the middle rounds.

I think it's foolish to 1) assume an assumed "blue chip" player won't bust and 2) a 3rd or 4th will.

I'll grant you the odds of a bust are higher the further you go through the draft.  But you can't just assume they will bust.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, The Rook said:

Really curious about the people who "liked Olave, but in a trade down, not at 11", what do you think about Dotson at 16?

Also, strangely ironic that the team was willing to trade up to take him at 11.

:229:The Rook

I prefer Dotson to Olave. So… yeah. I feel a touch better about this scenario than I would have getting Olave at 16.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1