Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

I think it's worth shoring up the line this year with Fitz. Does Leno want a 1 ye deal?

I do think there is a decision to be made about Moses vs Lucas in 2022.

If Charles balls out, then it will be a choice between keeping Flowers or Scherff, and the latter may not want to be here. 

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

With unproven potential. 

I like the way our offensive line looks right now but there isn't much there that's proven elite besides scherff.

1 = atrocious (Think, Wes Martin)

3 = pretty bad

5 = average

6 = above average

7 = pretty good

8 = really good

9 = Pro Bowl / Elite

10 = All Pro / Elite

I get what you're saying. But ...

LT - Baseline of Lucas = 6

LG - Flowers / Schweizer - 7

C - Roullier - 7

RG - Scherff - 9

RT - Moses - 8

Cosmi, Charles, Ismael = TBD

Think Leno would upgrade us to an 7 at LT. Cosmi probably a 7 out of the gate too, but like you said is an unknown.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

3 = pretty bad

5 = average

6 = above average

7 = pretty good

8 = really good

9 = Pro Bowl / Elite

10 = All Pro / Elite

C - Roullier - 7

RG - Scherff - 9

RT - Moses - 8

Think Leno would upgrade us to an 7 at LT. Cosmi probably a 7 out of the gate too, but like you said is an unknown.

Thanks for this!

I’s bump Roullier up to an 8.  

Edited by RabidFan
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

3 = pretty bad

5 = average

6 = above average

7 = pretty good

8 = really good

9 = Pro Bowl / Elite

10 = All Pro / Elite

C - Roullier - 7

RG - Scherff - 9

RT - Moses - 8

I would go by their 2020 AV scores, with 5 being an average starter or key rotation player and 10+ being a Probowler and up.

Lucas - 4

Flowers - 7

Roullier - 7

Scherff - 11

Moses - 7

bench:

Schweitzer - 6

Christian - 3

Ismael, Cosmi, Charles - NA

Leno had a 7 last season.  Cosmi having a 7 is maybe a little bit ambitious for him, but it's not out of reach given his talent.  In AV scale, a 7 is very respectable and suggests that the player is an above average starter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There’s no reason not to sign Leno if we can get a reasonable deal done. Lucas or Christian go.

Leno brought in and explicitly told that he is competing with Cosmi and there’s a chance he doesn’t start.

I would have an issue if we brought in Leno and guaranteed him

the starting spot over our young LT. But I don’t think that’s how Ron-Mart operates.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

3 = pretty bad

5 = average

6 = above average

7 = pretty good

8 = really good

9 = Pro Bowl / Elite

10 = All Pro / Elite

C - Roullier - 7

RG - Scherff - 9

RT - Moses - 8

I would actually bump everyone including Scherff down 1. 

LT - Baseline of Lucas = 5

LG - Flowers / Schweizer - 6

C - Roullier - 6

RG - Scherff - 8

RT - Moses - 7

I think we can upgrade every position every FA year if we have cap space.  Scherff is the only one it will be tough to upgrade.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

I would actually bump everyone including Scherff down 1. 

LT - Baseline of Lucas = 5

LG - Flowers / Schweizer - 6

C - Roullier - 6

RG - Scherff - 8

RT - Moses - 7

I think we can upgrade every position every FA year if we have cap space.  Scherff is the only one it will be tough to upgrade.

This is severely underrating Rouiller. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, carex said:

the thing about free safety being a need is there's multiple free safety options out there. 

Yea, it's interesting that RR is kind of doing the Cam Newton thing to Tre Boston for example.  Seems like if they really wanted Boston, he'd be signed by now.  I guess we'll see.

Edited by HigSkin

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yea, it's interesting that RR is kind of doing the Cam Newton thing to Tre Boston for example.  Seems like if they really wanted Boston, he'd be signed by now.  I guess we'll see.

I think Rivera made the decision on Boston the moment he refused to even consider going on our practice squad last year prior to being promoted to our roster.

Everything Ron has said since then about him joining the WFT has essentially been a polite brush off type statement.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I think Rivera made the decision on Boston the moment he refused to even consider going on our practice squad last year prior to being promoted to our roster.

Everything Ron has said since then about him joining the WFT has essentially been a polite brush off type statement.

That was Eric Reid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That was Eric Reid

Lies, nothing but lies and viscious rumors! Next you'll be telling me the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor! 😋

XXX

My bad BY. Don't know how I got so confused but it seems to happen frequently these days  lol

Oh well, if you reach a certain age and lose the ability to laugh at your own human frailty then what's the point?

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I think Rivera and JDR are spooked by Boston's terrible run defense and tackling.  Maybe if we were a pure Cover 3 defense, he'd already be signed, but we expect our FS to play down in the box at times, so I don't think they plan to sign Boston unless he comes super cheaply.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think Rivera and JDR are spooked by Boston's terrible run defense and tackling.  Maybe if we were a pure Cover 3 defense, he'd already be signed, but we expect our FS to play down in the box at times, so I don't think they plan to sign Boston unless he comes super cheaply.

I think you’re probably right on this. If the staff wanted Boston he’d be on the team by now. They’ve had plenty of chances to sign him not just this offseason, but last offseason as well. 

• Like 1

Us, Denver and Indy were the 3 teams noted as having a link to Leno. Colts got Fisher, so with Denver out of the way that likely leaves us to close the deal. Just the small matter of money and starting place guarantees to agree on :ols: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, turtle said:

Would love to get an update on McCain 

If you’re a realist, no news is just that- no news and nothing more.

If you’re a pessimist, no news is bad news.

But if you’re hopelessly optimistic dreamer, like myself, no news means things are being furiously worked on behind the scenes and both parties have no incentive to leak what’s going on.

-fingers crossed-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2