Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Maybe. But I think the 1-2 are pretty set in stone on the depth chart (Thomas, Bates). There's really a battle for the 3rd TE and I think a lot thin it could be Reyes. But if it isn't, it could be any of the other guys on the roster right now.

I meant Leno or McCain, not necessarily another tight end. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Maybe. But I think the 1-2 are pretty set in stone on the depth chart (Thomas, Bates). There's really a battle for the 3rd TE and I think a lot thin it could be Reyes. But if it isn't, it could be any of the other guys on the roster right now.

The timing of the roster move (today at midday) speaks to two FA signings today as there are now two spots. 

If they were going to sign one, they wouldn't have released anyone, and if they were going with three they would have announced another name at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

It's more appropriate that Tim TEbow play TE.  If he were serious about playing QB, he'd have changed his name to Qbbow.

I once was a tight end. Now I'm coverted to a wide receiver. Oops nevermind not the same thing. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

It's more appropriate that Tim TEbow play TE.  If he were serious about playing QB, he'd have changed his name to Qbbow.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He wasn't upset about the competition...he was upset at Rapoport saying we had "a big hole on the left side of the line".

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

He wasn't upset about the competition...he was upset at Rapoport saying we had "a big hole on the left side of the line".

I think you are strictly correct, although I can’t imagine he is too excited at the prospect of the guy who kept him out of LT at Chicago turning up 2 weeks after watching us draft Cosmi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think you are strictly correct, although I can’t imagine he is too excited at the prospect of the guy who kept him out of LT at Chicago turning up 2 weeks after watching us draft Cosmi.

Could be, but his comment was in direct response to Rapoport's tweet. Had he tweeted his post right after we drafted Cosmi it would be different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

LOL

I know TEs don't get huge deals, but how much did he cost himself?  Lot's of interesting things in this article.  I went digging, because I thought he refused to make this switch. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/01/sports/ncaafootball/01sugar.html

"Tebow has heard the critics. He chuckles at the notion of playing tight end or fullback and says he is ready to prove them wrong. "

41 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Could be, but his comment was in direct response to Rapoport's tweet. Had he tweeted his post right after we drafted Cosmi it would be different.

You'd hope he wasn't calling his coaches clowns either.  Beat reporters are fair game.  I can't imagine he's around next year otherwise.

• Like 1