Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

9 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Rare to see players on bad teams get national recognition. 

Baldinger raved about Gibson. People disagree with him too. 

Thomas is behind the elite TEs, but we are seriously downplaying his value. Still, I get your perspective.

Samuel > McKissic as x-factors, but both dynamic. Your top 4 passing options in this O are Terry, Logan, Samuel and McKissic. You need a 5th, but I do believe in the group with a competent QB. These guys were open a fair amount. Hardly a healthy season for your top receivers, but they also didn't have a QB to get them the ball.

Washington players have never gotten respect as individuals outside of Washington.

12 hours ago, carex said:

Washington players have never gotten respect as individuals outside of Washington.

Mainly because they're simply not that good. Yes, there's tendency by many to overrate supporting players on top teams. But if you're a good player, you tend to be good no matter where you are. There are some limits to that, but generally speaking elite talent can shine. This team has just rarely had elite talent. Or even very good talent. Don't be blinded by homerism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Mainly because they're simply not that good. Yes, there's tendency by many to overrate supporting players on top teams. But if you're a good player, you tend to be good no matter where you are. There are some limits to that, but generally speaking elite talent can shine. This team has just rarely had elite talent. Or even very good talent. Don't be blinded by homerism.

Not true..Trent Williams leaves and all of a sudden he is a All Pro..There is Bias when it comes to this team.

• Like 4

On 1/20/2022 at 9:49 PM, Silvernon said:

Rare to see players on bad teams get national recognition. 

Baldinger raved about Gibson. People disagree with him too. 

Thomas is behind the elite TEs, but we are seriously downplaying his value. Still, I get your perspective.

Samuel > McKissic as x-factors, but both dynamic. Your top 4 passing options in this O are Terry, Logan, Samuel and McKissic. You need a 5th, but I do believe in the group with a competent QB. These guys were open a fair amount. Hardly a healthy season for your top receivers, but they also didn't have a QB to get them the ball.

McKissic is one of the best pass catching backs in the NFL and the numbers bear it out. We all loved Chris Thompson and McKissic is a better player than prime Chris Thompson

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Did anybody hear anything more on why we passed on Zach Cunningham? It was puzzling then and I still don't understand it

Worry over personality conflict or coachability I would presume, due to info Rivera got from people he knows? Just a guess but isn’t that why he was cut? Rivera is a pretty big “character” guy obviously.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jericho said:

I'm talking history, not just modern.  The 80s and early 90s Redskins were massively overlooked

• Thumb down 1

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Monk, Green, Riggins, and the Hogs (as a unit, not individually) are seemingly the only players from the 80s that you’d think were worth a damn if you went by national media mentions.

and Monk only barely

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Worry over personality conflict or coachability I would presume, due to info Rivera got from people he knows? Just a guess but isn’t that why he was cut? Rivera is a pretty big “character” guy obviously.  

Yeah that's what I assumed, Rivera probably thought he was more trouble than he was worth, and I remember Culley being quoted as saying "we have standards" or something to that effect.   Didn't know if any more info came out after the fact.  Just frustrating when you see a quality player at a significant position of need fall in your lap, and you pass and still have a gaping hole at MLB.  

11 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Yeah that's what I assumed, Rivera probably thought he was more trouble than he was worth, and I remember Culley being quoted as saying "we have standards" or something to that effect.   Didn't know if any more info came out after the fact.  Just frustrating when you see a quality player at a significant position of need fall in your lap, and you pass and still have a gaping hole at MLB.  

Yes...but you want a true leader at MLB. 

Give me the ideal role model to captain the D. London Fletcher or Luke Kuechly.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Or Werner. Or Logan Wilson the year before.

We can do this all day. We passed on them or didn't get a chance to get to them.

We didn’t pass on Logan Wilson.  Unless we should have taken him #2 overall.  We didn’t have a second rounder and he was the first pick in the third.

Dude is a stud though.  Cincinnati straight up murdered that draft with Burrow, Higgins, and Wilson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

We didn’t pass on Logan Wilson.  Unless we should have taken him #2 overall.  We didn’t have a second rounder and he was the first pick in the third.

Dude is a stud though.  Cincinnati straight up murdered that draft with Burrow, Higgins, and Wilson.

We can't trade up? We opted not to. He wasn't worth the assets given up to this front office. And that's okay. I'm not judging them.

But we CHOSE to draft Haskins AND Sweat. Therefore, we DID pass.

Just now, Ball Security said:

I'd love to sign Wilsons successor Muma.

Bates III is a pretty good FS from the Bengals who should be a FA.

I really wanted to draft Von Bell back when. Would have liked to sign him before he went to the Bengals, too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd love to sign Wilsons successor Muma.

Bates III is a pretty good FS from the Bengals who should be a FA.

I really wanted to draft Von Bell back when. Would have liked to sign him before he went to the Bengals, too.

Bates was a pro-bowler last year.  He has a fairly average PFF score this year and wasn't in line to make a pro bowl but I think he is still a very good young safety.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 11:15 PM, bh32 said:

Not true..Trent Williams leaves and all of a sudden he is a All Pro..There is Bias when it comes to this team.

He would have been All Pro in 2016 if he didn't get a weed suspension late in the year. He was a Pro Bowler in 2017. He got hurt in 2018 and didn't play at all in 2019.

There is no media conspiracy/bias against us. We just haven't been very good.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1