Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

25 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I literally just told a room full of people like an hour and a half ago that I bet he resigns with us. 

Now look what happened. This is everyone's fault but mine but i still feel embarrassed for all of you. 

Given how long he's been hanging around, I was pretty confident we'd be able to bring him back for depth on the low - not vet min low, but not premium salary.  Oh well...

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Hope this doesn't come across as being a smart ass, but what do mean "NFLPA in shambles"?

It just means the NFL Players Association is in a state of disorder because they were begging players not to attend offseason workouts. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

It just means they're in a state of disorder because they were begging players not to attend offseason workouts. 

Thanks Yoda, I didn't realize that they did not want the players to attend. Wonder what the numbers were like for other teams?

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Thanks Yoda, I didn't realize that they did not want the players to attend. Wonder what the numbers were like for other teams?

Some outlets are reporting numbers, ours seems good. Jets had like 80, Saleh is going to turn that team around. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Some outlets are reporting numbers, ours seems good. Jets had like 80, Saleh is going to turn that team around. 

This year may have some rough spots/growing pains but they have a ton of talent on that team going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

NFLPA in shambles

They all saw what happened to Ja’Waun James in Denver. Until they have a stronger union that’s willing to go all the way for a better CBA deal for them, it’s safer for their bank accounts to do as much of their working out in team facilities as possible. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It just means the NFL Players Association is in a state of disorder because they were begging players not to attend offseason workouts. 

Case in point...

If I’m a player I’m either showing up to all “voluntary” workouts  or hermetically sealing my body in a suspended animation chamber until training camp begins.

No way I’m risking my livelihood by working out on my own with ZERO financial protection if I’m injured.

• Like 4

The Kerrigan thing is actually the way it is supposed to go. You keep stacking your roster and let older vets leave after their second contract. The WFT did everything right here. I am a big fan of Kerrigan. And I think he is underrated by a lot of the fan base. He is #5 in the NFL in sacks since 2011. The guy was a standout player and neighbor in the community. I wish him well. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The Kerrigan thing is actually the way it is supposed to go. You keep stacking your roster and let older vets leave after their second contract. The WFT did everything right here. I am a big fan of Kerrigan. And I think he is underrated by a lot of the fan base. He is #5 in the NFL in sacks since 2011. The guy was a standout player and neighbor in the community. I wish him well. 

And the nice thing about Ron Rivera's team has been that they allowed Kerrigan to play out the end of his contract and get the money. 

We've seen players get big contracts and in those last couple of years they are cut when the guaranteed money has been paid and their peak performance is past. 

I think there is a conscious effort to honor the contracts to be able to say it to future FA signings.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm pretty sure the JDR playbook is pretty widely know and understood at this point.

JDR is not going to reinvent the wheel with the Defense, but I'm confident that just like Turner, he didn't have all the talent he needed to fully realize his vision in year 1.  Year 2, gives him more pieces to the puzzle in realizing what he wants to do.  I view the DL rotation with a healthy Ioannidis as more lethal than last year. The Safety depth and coverage talent of Jamin Davis combined with CB upgrade William Jackson opens up sic ability to run about any defense he can think of.  He can even run Cover 0 now (Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan beater).  Brady hates seeing CoverZero! His success starts with recognizing mismatches pre-snap and exploiting it.
I look for JDR to open up the playbook this year to disguise coverage vs those elite QBs on the schedule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

JDR is not going to reinvent the wheel with the Defense, but I'm confident that just like Turner, he didn't have all the talent he needed to fully realize his vision in year 1.  Year 2, gives him more pieces to the puzzle in realizing what he wants to do.  I view the DL rotation with a healthy Ioannidis as more lethal than last year. The Safety depth and coverage talent of Jamin Davis combined with CB upgrade William Jackson opens up sic ability to run about any defense he can think of.  He can even run Cover 0 now (Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan beater).  Brady hates seeing CoverZero! His success starts with recognizing mismatches pre-snap and exploiting it.
I look for JDR to open up the playbook this year to disguise coverage vs those elite QBs on the schedule.

I agree 100% with this, but my comment was in regards to someone saying Kerrigan is going to give our secrets away.

• Like 1