Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I agree 100% with this, but my comment was in regards to someone saying Kerrigan is going to give our secrets away.

Yeah I got you. Just agreeing and elaborating.

Point being that I didn't think the plan included Kerrigan or Anderson for what JDR is looking to accomplish.  Now, the D can take a step forward imo.

Feels like a combination of accumulated talent via draft and FA $ value at specific positions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvernon said:

And the nice thing about Ron Rivera's team has been that they allowed Kerrigan to play out the end of his contract and get the money. 

We've seen players get big contracts and in those last couple of years they are cut when the guaranteed money has been paid and their peak performance is past. 

I think there is a conscious effort to honor the contracts to be able to say it to future FA signings.

Particularly our own.  I think you'll also see Rivera get the young guys married to local girls and start families, making it even harder to leave.  He's a people person with a high EQ.

• Haha 4

Holy crap, according to the WFT website it seems we've got the most insane athlete in history on our team now   :ols:

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-signs-s-bobby-mccain

The Washington Football Team announced today that they have signed S Bobby McCain. 

McCain (6-3, 307) is a seven-year NFL veteran who entered the league as a fifth-round draft selection by the Miami Dolphins in the 2015 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 87 career regular season games with 55 starts. He has registered 241 tackles (191 solo), four sacks, seven interceptions, 30 passes defensed and one forced fumble. He has also recorded 11 special teams tackles (7 solo).

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Didn't realize Leno was as small as he is listed on the site (6'3 - 307). Is that true? I would think tackles range in the 6'5; 315+ range.

Just found this videos that speaks to his size as it relates to the bull rush. Kinda figured he'd be susceptible to that.

I'm wondering if they would be open to moving him inside next to his 6'7 - 327lb ex-teammate? I think Cornelius did fine last year. To me, our left guard position has been a position of weakness for a while - not left tackle. I mean, finding a Trent Williams is not easy. At some point they'll find that generational one. In the meantime, I think we're good. For me, somebody on this line has got to shore up the left guard position. Maybe Flowers (who I totally forgot about but now makes me smile). Ron wants a nasty mauling O-line. So the **** do I.....finally. ****, I want barbeque hogs this time.

IMO, this line is a position of strength now. 

Cosmi

Charles

Flowers

Lucas

Leno

Wes

Who starts? I don't know. But we now have road graders for Gibson and possibly the second coming of MJD bursting out the backfield. We also have good skill players to keep 8 defenders out of the box. I'm smh based on the possibilities. I am imagining Cosmi (and his yac skills along with his TE speed. lol) coming in eligible in 11 personnel or playing fullback in short yardage/goal line formations. Definitely going to be interesting to see what Masko does with these guys.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

Didn't realize Leno was as small as he is listed on the site (6'3 - 307). Is that true? I would think tackles range in the 6'5; 315+ range.

Just found this videos that speaks to his size as it relates to the bull rush. Kinda figured he'd be susceptible to that.

I'm wondering if they would be open to moving him inside next to his 6'7 - 327lb ex-teammate? I think Cornelius did fine last year. To me, our left guard position has been a position of weakness for a while - not left tackle. I mean, finding a Trent Williams is not easy. At some point they'll find that generational one. In the meantime, I think we're good. For me, somebody on this line has got to shore up the left guard position. Maybe Flowers (who I totally forgot about but now makes me smile). Ron wants a nasty mauling O-line. So the **** do I.....finally. ****, I want barbeque hogs this time.

IMO, this line is a position of strength now. 

Cosmi

Charles

Flowers

Lucas

Leno

Wes

Who starts? I don't know. But we now have road graders for Gibson and possibly the second coming of MJD bursting out the backfield. We also have good skill players to keep 8 defenders out of the box. I'm smh based on the possibilities. I am imagining Cosmi (and his yac skills along with his TE speed. lol) coming in eligible in 11 personnel or playing fullback in short yardage/goal line formations. Definitely going to be interesting to see what Masko does with these guys.  

Well considering you left out 2 of our best current offensive lineman in Schereff and Moses, and in your line you have no center. Unless you have all those guys locked in at LG? This post is super confusing lol

If that's the case.. using Cosmi and Leno at left guard would be such a waste of talent.

Our best look imho is this:

LT: Leno, Cosmi

LG: Flowers, Charles

(C) Roulier, Ismael

RG: Schereff, Schweitzer

RT: Moses, Lucas, Charles

Edited by ZarG3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

Well considering you left out 2 of our best current offensive lineman in Schereff and Moses, and in your line you have no center. Unless you have all those guys locked in at LG? This post is super confusing lol

If that's the case.. using Cosmi and Leno at left guard would be such a waste of talent.

I’m pretty confident neither Leno nor Cosmi will be our starting LG.  With that said, you put the best guys on the field in the positions that work best for them.  

Pretty exciting that our floor is probably ‘average’ on the left side, and we’ve got 3 guys - Flowers/Cosmi/Charles - that offer a fairly high ceiling.  Even if Leno/Flowers start, and Lucas/Sweitzer grab the backup roles, we’ll still have 2 cheap, young, developmental guys for the future.  I guess you could include Ismael in that group too, until he proves otherwise... assuming he makes the roster (and he may well not).

Oh, and I’m pretty sure the poster you quoted intentionally left off our ‘settled’ positions (C/RG/RT), lol

Damn I really like Morgan Moses. Wasn't always performing at an elite level but he always gave everything and always played through injury and kept the line somewhat together when everyone else was going down like flies. Going to miss him for sure, especially after he had a really good season last year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Damn. I'm really not going to recognize this team without our RT jumping offside every 3rd play.

To be fair, he cleaned up many of the holding issues last season. Seemed to draw a lot less flags 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

The WFT acquired Ereck Flowers (trade) and Charles Leno (FA) this offseason, along with Samuel Cosmi (draft). That trickled down to Moses, who may be released if he can’t be traded. He’s started 16 games since 2015.

Seems a year early to me.  Would like to see another source.

:229:The Rook

18 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Damn. I'm really not going to recognize this team without our RT jumping offside every 3rd play.

Exaggerate much?

Moses only had 1 false start last season. He also lead all offensive linemen in penalties, and had double the amount of penalties the year prior in 2019, including 5 false starts, and had three times the penalties in 2018, including 7 false starts, and  I guess you didn't really exaggerate at all, did you lol...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1