What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I would like for them to actually accomplish something. What the **** was the point of even going through impeachment if you're not going to do everything to make your case? They could've been very close to getting the covid relief bill passed, but they decided to dance around with the GOP like they were actually going to contribute. Lets not pretend impeachment is the reason we don't have a covid relief bill, the bill was being held up BEFORE impeachment even began.

they tried to pass it thru normal legislation it was blocked and so they are pursuing budget reconciliation which does not require gop votes but it’s still a long and complex process that takes time. 

holding trump accountable is required and they did that with impeachment and the outstanding case presented by House Managers. It was a slam dunk case. Extending it 2-3 weeks to depose, prep, and question witnesses, call rebuttal witnesses, follow other investigations that flow from that testimony does nothing for this trial. It does delay the stimulus bill and budget reconciliation process. 

and they can further investigate this if they want 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Woke up today to see closing arguments were being made by both sides.   So.....no witnesses, then?  Congrats Dems, you blew it. Again.

they didn’t blow it. If your plan involves putting McCarthy and others in Trumps orbit on the stand to testify against him...it’s not a good plan. We saw this in the Ukraine call impeachment. It would be a he said/she said that doesn’t do anything but muddy the waters and dilute the impeccable case the house managers made this week. 

I understand in an actual trial this is the right thing to do but this isn’t an actual trial it’s a sham which makes it not the best political thing to do. 

continue investigating it. The case is airtight and charges could be coming where a real trial will take place with real witnesses and a jury that didn’t participate and conspire with the accused 

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they tried to pass it thru normal legislation it was blocked and so they are pursuing budget reconciliation which does not require gop votes but it’s still a long and complex process that takes time. 

holding trump accountable is required and they did that with impeachment and the outstanding case presented by House Managers. It was a slam dunk case. Extending it 2-3 weeks to depose, prep, and question witnesses, call rebuttal witnesses, follow other investigations that flow from that testimony does nothing for this trial. It does delay the stimulus bill and budget reconciliation process. 

and they can further investigate this if they want 

Sounds like what you're saying is that once again the Dems were solely relying on the GOP finding their long, lost, moral fiber. How has that worked out so far? How has that ever worked out? If the realistic goal of impeachment and conviction was never on the table, then they've already wasted everyone's time. Once again, instead of gearing up for a fight, the Dem's "Plan A" is an escape plan...same old story.

If what you're saying is true, than I was wrong. Looks like the Dems can't walk and chew gum at the same time, they might as well fold up shop now and go back to covid relief. Yeah, I know impeachment was going to be tough, but no reason to go in half assed with the attitude that it's already lost.

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Sounds like what you're saying is that once again the Dems were solely relying on the GOP finding their long, lost, moral fiber. How has that worked out so far? How has that ever worked out? If the realistic goal of impeachment and conviction was never on the table, then they've already wasted everyone's time. Once again, instead of gearing up for a fight, the Dem's "Plan A" is an escape plan...same old story.

If what you're saying is true, than I was wrong. Looks like the Dems can't walk and chew gum at the same time, they might as well fold up shop now and go back to covid relief. Yeah, I know impeachment was going to be tough, but no reason to go in half assed with the attitude that it's already lost.

it doesn’t sound like you read my post or are following what happened the last few weeks 

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they didn’t blow it. If your plan involves putting McCarthy and others in Trumps orbit on the stand to testify against him...it’s not a good plan. We saw this in the Ukraine call impeachment. It would be a he said/she said that doesn’t do anything but muddy the waters and dilute the impeccable case the house managers made this week. I

We absolutely did NOT see this at the previous impeachment because democrats also, like now, refused to go to court to force all the witnesses and documents they needed to testify.  They let Trump hide the evidence then, and they’ve allowed republicans who saw and heard first hand what Trump and his cronies did on the 5th and 6th go without testifying under oath again.

cowards.  Democrats are doing what they did in the first term of Obama when they had full control, they’re trying to make nice instead of taking the fight to republicans as needed.  And like then, they’ll lose control because of it.  Republicans would have never let this **** slide.  Never.  If the roles were reversed this trial would have taken years.  

They blew it big time, and because of this failure Trumps fascist movement will walk away from this emboldened. Everyone in power walked away clean, so they’re free to learn what worked and what didn’t, and try again.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don’t care if they called witnesses or not.  Impeachment was to get it on the record, and they accomplished that. This feels a little like Demi Moore’s “I strenuously object” scene in A Few Good Men. 🤣

Let’s not make this more than it is.

Yeah let’s not get too dramatic about fascists making their first major attempt to kill their political rivals.  

Just now, Destino said:

Yeah let’s not get too dramatic about fascists making their first major attempt to kill their political rivals.  

I hate it as much as anyone. I don’t make the rules. I know if they had subpoenaed a bunch of Republican officials, they would’ve refused to comply. Then it would’ve dragged out in the court system. And then they would’ve offered nothing if they were forced to testify. Case closed. Same outcome. Weeks/months later.

I hate these ****s as much as anyone. Don’t hate the Dems. Hate the traitors responsible for it.

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I hate it as much as anyone. I don’t make the rules. I know if they had subpoenaed a bunch of Republican officials, they would’ve refused to comply. Then it would’ve dragged out in the court system. And then they would’ve offered nothing if they were forced to testify. Case closed. Same outcome. Weeks/months later.

I hate these ****s as much as anyone. Don’t hate the Dems. Hate the traitors responsible for it.

what do I care if they dragged out the fight?  It’s not like the senate closes until all the legal fights over.  Continue the trial at a later date but force these traitors to testify under oath about what they did and what really happened.  Otherwise the message you send, the message that has now in fact been sent, is that threatening a court battle let’s them get away with anything.  They’ve now done exactly this twice and the democrats have refused to fight.  They’ve handed republicans a get out of jail free card.

Try to act surprised when Republicans literally run their election campaigns in two years on the narrative that this impeachment was bull****, and democrats didn’t even call any witnesses.  

Democrats are ****ing cowards.  

43 Republicans are ******* and are still afraid of a man who no longer holds power.  And they prefer to put their party over justice.  

Whatever.  Guilty in the court of public opinion.  And the Republicans deserve the havoc he's created on their party.  

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Democrats are ****ing cowards.  

Absolutely.  

We can come up with a million excuses for why things turned out the way they did, some true and some not.  But I see this one overall fact.  Democrats have the majority and were unable to use their powers to get justice and uphold what is right.  Democrats once again failed to use their power effectively.  They had a task and failed to complete it.

I bet if the tables were turned, the GOP would have figured out some underhanded way to get the outcome they want.  The GOP has the testicular fortitude to get what they want.  The Dems do not.  I’m sure this will motivate the hell out of the voters.  

There needed to be witnesses on the record talking about what Trump was doing during the storming of the Capitol and refusing to stop it.

Or about pressuring election officials to steal the vote.

The 'fight like hell' argument was weak from the start.

GoP has used the 'political hyperbole' before and will do again.

Archived