What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

On 2/8/2021 at 1:48 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

The Senate does not represent Americans evenly.  

What we have learned from Trump's presidency:  If a president has support of 34 loyal Senators (potentially representing as little as 8% of the population) he/she can pretty much do anything and get away with it.

The more I reflect on the attack on the capitol and how far it got despite lacking the "hundreds of thousands" of Trump supporters there to aid it, I started thinking about whether there was an actual single event that would have me loading up my car with the necessities and attempting to flee.  I know that kind of hyperbole is always shared around anytime "Team: other guy" wins.

Outside of some kind of imminent threat like a nuclear bomb warning or something of the like, have you ever thought would send you packing?  If Trump would have won a 2nd term fair & square, I would have been disappointed but that would not have got me to go anywhere, however.....if the capitol rioters had actually got to the vote certifications and destroyed them (or whatever they had planned to do with them) and it turned into Trump declaring victory once again and the GOP largely supported his effort still at that point?  It might have legitimately been go time.

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Outside of some kind of imminent threat like a nuclear bomb warning or something of the like, have you ever thought would send you packing?  If Trump would have won a 2nd term fair & square, I would have been disappointed but that would not have got me to go anywhere, however.....if the capitol rioters had actually got to the vote certifications and destroyed them (or whatever they had planned to do with them) and it turned into Trump declaring victory once again and the GOP largely supported his effort still at that point?  It might have legitimately been go time.

If Trump had won a second term, I already made my mind up I was going to take a position in Europe.

5 hours ago, Dan T. said:

224327684246?hash=item343af8d096:g:0cAAA

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

^^^ He should change his name from Bruce Castor to Bruce Coaster.

*Boost Coaster.

29 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

If Trump had won a second term, I already made my mind up I was going to take a position in Europe.

Same-ish.  I would have aggressively changed my job search to look heavily at Canada, parts of Europe, and Japan.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:53 PM, Califan007 said:

I don't think saying "Trump is guilty as hell" appeals to the Trump base, though lol...regardless of the vote. Especially when doing so by pointing out the criminal courts is still an option so Trump hasn't gotten away with anything "yet".

This points to what I was saying before...

Well, Trump got that one right, Mitch is a dour, sullen, unsmiling political hack.  "He will never do what needs to be done or what is right..." 

I guess it's true; they can smell their own.

These guys can go **** each other on Epstein's island.  Mitch had one chance to show that his turtle spine hadn't completely withered away and voted to acquit.   These Republican douchelords are still licking his boots despite the fact that he's out of office and HOLDS NO POWER.  

David Schoen ‘canceled’ for representing Trump in impeachment trial

David Schoen said representing former President Donald Trump at his second impeachment trial turned him into the latest victim of cancel culture.

The veteran Alabama attorney claimed an offer to teach a civil rights class at a law school was rescinded after he took the job to defend Trump.

“When this came up, I contacted the school to ask whether this would be an impediment,” Schoen told Newsmax on Thursday, “and was told yes, it would be — that some faculty and students would feel uncomfortable to have me on campus if I were getting involved with this case.”

Schoen, who has 36 years of legal experience and says he loves being in the classroom, called that “sad commentary.” He didn’t identify the law school in question.

Click on the link for the full story

2 hours ago, China said:

David Schoen ‘canceled’ for representing Trump in impeachment trial

David Schoen said representing former President Donald Trump at his second impeachment trial turned him into the latest victim of cancel culture.

The veteran Alabama attorney claimed an offer to teach a civil rights class at a law school was rescinded after he took the job to defend Trump.

“When this came up, I contacted the school to ask whether this would be an impediment,” Schoen told Newsmax on Thursday, “and was told yes, it would be — that some faculty and students would feel uncomfortable to have me on campus if I were getting involved with this case.”

Schoen, who has 36 years of legal experience and says he loves being in the classroom, called that “sad commentary.” He didn’t identify the law school in question.

Click on the link for the full story

When it's based on actions and not opinion/words, "cancel culture" doesn't really apply.

Archived