What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Conviction was never going to happen. Never. Same as  Orangeasshole I, Orangeasshole II was never going to get a conviction.

It's time to turn this over to Merrick Garland. Let him get confirmed & then unleash the hounds.

Let the city of DC find anything the Orange Mangina & his offspring did to charge them for doing. Audit their hotels (side note: I thought booking every room in every hotel worldwide that allowed a 24 hr. cancellation might be a thing for those interwebs peeps to do on a weekly basis, but I digress). Get the criminal investigations going & break them financially.

I'm not pissed at all. This is 2022 billboard **** that Garland will uncover. Sweep the leg...

Biden's administration isn’t going to go after Trump.  He was less interested in investigating Trump then congressional democrats, and those cowards couldn’t even muster the courage to call witnesses.  Twice.  They’re still the same punchless cowards that let Mitch steal a supreme court seat.  

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, glad to hear Georgia is. I wouldn't be surprised if the governor and secretary of state went all in against Trump. They should.

Might as well.  They know Trump will be after them.  Because they didn't comply.  

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Might as well.  They know Trump will be after them.  Because they didn't comply.  

Spoiler

Not that I agree with them, but the Republicans also declared that assassination attempts are constitutional. They approved the attempted lynching of Pence and Pelosi.

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Did McConnell say the criminal courts can still take action against Trump and that he "has not gotten away with anything...yet. Not yet."? If so, what am I missing? That sounds like something a Democratic congressman would say.

McConnell is desperate to find a way to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to be able to say, "Trump is guilty as hell" while voting to acquit to appeal to the Trump base. HIs stance is that of the spineless.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

McConnell is desperate to find a way to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to be able to say, "Trump is guilty as hell" while voting to acquit to appeal to the Trump base. HIs stance is that of the spineless.

I don't think saying "Trump is guilty as hell" appeals to the Trump base, though lol...regardless of the vote. Especially when doing so by pointing out the criminal courts is still an option so Trump hasn't gotten away with anything "yet".

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I don't think saying "Trump is guilty as hell" appeals to the Trump base, though lol...regardless of the vote. Especially when doing so by pointing out the criminal courts is still an option so Trump hasn't gotten away with anything "yet".

I think the acquittal vote is the cookie for the base and the "guilty as hell" is supposed to mollify everyone else. Ultimately, the only thing that matters is his vote. His words are empty, hollow, and meaningless.

Easiest & shortest argument I heard made recently was that if the GOP didn't think Trump's words incited the riot, why did McCarthy phone Trump directly to call off the rioters, as if his mindset the entire time was these people will only listen to.........the words of Trump. 

39 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think the acquittal vote is the cookie for the base and the "guilty as hell" is supposed to mollify everyone else. Ultimately, the only thing that matters is his vote. His words are empty, hollow, and meaningless.

His words are empty, hollow, and meaningless...to Democrats. We've already seen numerous times how Trump supporters will start attacking "RINOs" over their words alone.

If this was a strategy it was a ****ty one lol...it won't appeal to anyone.

I still think not calling witnesses is a cop out, saying that you think you've done enough, well...isn't enough. The fact that we all knew that conviction was never going to happen and the dems didn't do everything to get that conviction shows that they didn't give it their all. The only reason I can now say that not calling witnesses is a good idea, is because there is no reason to put these people in danger. I think having capitol police officers get in front of the Senate and give their testimony would've been extremely powerful. I can't imagine the cross examination by the defense being too harsh or critical of a police officer scared for his life. However, no need to put a target on their backs, they've been through enough.

I see some of you want to pass the baton to Garland, seems like we've been passing the baton a lot these past four years. Sorry, I'm not so optimistic that he's going to be anymore effective than anyone else. I'll believe it when I see it, but he has my support.

I get that point of view and I share your pessimism. Part of wonders if justice comes sideways. Remember, mobster Al Capone finally got imprisoned for tax evasion. Maybe it’ll happen twice. We know New York is looking into that along with other states. Georgia has also opened an investigation that seems pretty open and shut. 

still, it’s maddening that Trump is acquitted when everyone especially his jury knew he was guilty. 

48 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I fully expect impeachment to be the new norm whenever the house and presidency are if different parties.

When the gop takes back the house in 22; they will impeach Biden in 23.

Unless they take 2/3rds of the Senate too then who cares.

And even then they'd have to impeach both Biden and Harris. 

Archived