What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

Can we please stop the "unity" and "bipartisanhip" garbage now? The GOP has hitched their wagon to Trump, make them finish their journey with that asshole. Whenever new evidence comes out about Jan 6th, remind the public that the GOP was complicit. Remind the public today, remind them tomorrow and remind them 20 years from now. This should be a political 9/11, never forget.

The Dems need to call witnesses, call the capitol police to testify. You heard the calls for help, these people were scared for their lives. Are the GOP really going to question the legit fear of police officers that were afraid for their lives?

New Details About Trump-McCarthy Shouting Match Show Trump Refused to Call Off the Rioters

In an expletive-laced phone call with House republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, McCarthy begged Trump to call them off.  Then-President Donald Trump said the rioters were Antifa, and McCarthy said, no these are your people.  Then Trump said I guess they care more about election results than you do.  McCarthy shouted back "Who the f*** do you think you're talking to!?!"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/trump-mccarthy-shouting-match-details/index.html

This was documented to CNN by several Republican Members of Congress.

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

New Details About Trump-McCarthy Shouting Match Show Trump Refused to Call Off the Rioters

In an expletive-laced phone call with House republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, McCarthy begged Trump to call them off.  Then-President Donald Trump said the rioters were Antifa, and McCarthy said, no these are your people.  Then Trump said I guess they care more about election results than you do.  McCarthy shouted back "Who the f*** do you think you're talking to!?!"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/trump-mccarthy-shouting-match-details/index.html

Makes McCarthys turn all the more pathetic. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

This is why you need witnesses.  Democrats saying Trump was ok with Pence being killed doesn’t convince anyone of anything.  They should subpoena Mike Pence and put him under oath.  

33 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Looks like another potential witness to me.

I like how Trump being the one (one of many) who "planned the rioting ahead of time" is supposed to help his defense somehow.  Oh, showing tweets of him encouraging people to show up that day, and then on the day doing the rest of the stuff?   Doesn't that make him even more guilty?

Also, that McCarthy call transcript or audio absolutely should be submitted and played during the trial for everyone to listen to.  I won't go as far as to say Trump hoped anyone would be hurt or killed in the riots, but I 100% believe he was perfectly fine with every elected official being locked away in their offices in fear for their lives while the rioters did what they did if it would have resulted in the certification documents being destroyed.

What I wonder is if those capitol aides would have not been mindful enough to snatch up the box of certification stuff and the rioters would have got to it and destroyed it.  Then what?  I think we know what Trump's move would have been, the question is would the GOP have gone along with whatever plan Trump hatched to stay in office?

So how did the McCarthy phone audio leak?  If it wasn't from or his team it means he was willing to sit on this the entire time and duration of the trial? What a.......my gawd.

I believe tomorrow can involve witnesses if the majority vote for it. We need witnesses. I want this to completely damage the GOP with their votes on record in history to let Trump get away with this bull****. Their vote needs to be recorded on their tombstones "here lies a piece of **** who didn't vote to convict Trump"

So after all this time, Trump was still able to successfully pressure his legal team into pushing BS voter fraud nonsense as part of his actual defense?

Look, if the GOP is going to acquit it no matter what?  Then there is nothing that can be done about it, but if I am the Dems I damn well am going to make sure every possible piece of information and evidence that shows Trump to be a lying piece of garbage is laid out on the table before the vote happens.  Everything happening these past 4 years will be in history books, and future generations deserve to know the complicit nature of the GOP at large.

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

He would likely just lie his ass off as he did in the first debate.

I wonder if conviction votes would be different if the GOP didn't have to do it publicly.

You know what? Make him lie, get it on the record. Same with McCarthy, either he folds, defends Trump and comes off as a complete loser or he tells the truth and damns Trump. Whether they lie or tell the truth, no more being on the fence, time to pick a side.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Did someone wait and time that leak for now? Why wait until after the hearing?

These leaks seem to be well timed correctly and with obvious intent.  They don’t think democrats are doing the job right and are trying to steer them towards the track.  If the democrats can find their spines they’ll force this testimony.  

Politicians narrating over tweets and video is not as compelling as republicans forced to admit what occurred on the 5th and 6th.  

This has been the pattern the entire last four years.  The GOP members never seem to release information, or be willing to testify when they can actually make a difference in things.  It is always after the process has ended and they are already fired, or retired, or out of the crosshairs.   It's cowardly and it shouldn't be forgotten, but that doesn't mean the information itself should not be used.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This has been the pattern the entire last four years.  The GOP members never seem to release information, or be willing to testify when they can actually make a difference in things.  It is always after the process has ended and they are already fired, or retired, or out of the crosshairs.   It's cowardly and it shouldn't be forgotten, but that doesn't mean the information itself should not be used.

Democrats have to force them to testify.  They have the power to do so.  

Archived