What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

How credible do you think one of the yahoos in jail would be?  And how much of a chance to turn questioning into a **** show?  

A **** show helps democrats.  The more they rant and rave the better.  Let them declare Trump a savior and linger on Qcumber conspiracy nonsense.  Ultimately the reality is these people have been conned and their entire reasoning is based on the big lie.  The more passionate and sincere their belief that the election was stolen from Trump, the greater the case that Trump drove them to action.

Also observing:  

I think it's 74 members of Congress have a personal reason to vote that using political office for the purpose of pushing the notion that the election was stolen, doesn't come with consequences.  

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Call witnesses! Why do the Dems always do things half-assed?

Half of the donkey is red.  

528378423649a.image.jpg?resize=750,715

58 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m with @Destino

call witnesses. Drag this out for 6 weeks. 

you cannot allow this to be shrugged off. The people that will pretend it doesn’t matter, didn’t happen, or this is a kangaroo court need to be forced to endure this and still piddle their bs. 

And after the impeachment trial fails, republicans will mock the entire effort by saying “the democrats didn’t even call a single witness!”  If democrats fail AGAIN to get the witnesses they need to testify before the senate they have only themselves to blame.  No excuses this time, because they’re running the show.  Do this thing right even if it takes six months.  Make it impossible to ignore and brush off.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Seems foolish after the last impeachment....

You have got to be 🤬🤬kidding me! How does someone that naive and frankly, stupid get into congress? We’ve watched the Grand Oligarch’s Party kiss Tя☭mp’s ring for four years while he trampled the constitution and pretty much every law in existence and the only response they had was to continue kissing his ring and asking if he wanted them to deep throat it and these are the people Schumer is willing to assume have any shred of ethics and decency? Oh, FFS man!!😡

Why does all this matter?  Haven't the Dems shown enough that Trump incited the January 6 over a long period by acting like this election was stolen and he is somehow the chosen one.  They are too beholden to the Trump power.  

GOP has ruined any credibility, moral ground, and principles for Trump.  If  Trump unleashing a horde of angry Americans onto the Capitol, yelling "eff the blue" (paraphrase but they were quite anti police), trying to lynch and harm their colleague Mike Pence isn't enough --- engaging in a lawless standoff isn't enough for them to banish him from politics and repudiate his toxic personality, they can own him.  Good luck winning elections over the next decade. 

I agree with the Senators... why string this out and waste more time.  If Bill Cosby was a powerful GOP politician, I am sure the GOP wouldn't condemn him either.

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Why does all this matter?

I’m not saying you’re wrong. 

there’s definitely a part of me that agrees with you 100% 

but there’s also a part of me that says in this situation you do everything right, you put the max honest effort in. That way, no matter the long term outcome, you can always say you did your best, you executed your responsibilities to their fullest, and you left nothing on the table. 

the gop went into this refusing to vote to convict no matter what? Ok, but that doesn’t mean you punt on your responsibilities. It doesn’t mean you make it easier for them. You make them eat this **** sandwich every chance you get. 

the history books will contain this. What do you want it to say? That you let them off the hook because you didn’t see the point? I want them to say “we” did everything right and possible, and the result was beyond “our” control. 

hitlers rise to power wasnt one quick sweeping move. It took a while. And there were setbacks for him. And even if trump isn’t on that level in terms of capabilities and intellect, he lit the path for someone else with giant tiki torches. It’s there for everyone to see. So who is the next person and when are they making their move?

this is not a teenager getting caught stealing a candy bar from a gas station. 

this is, regardless of effectiveness or potential, the highest crime that can be committed against our country - an attempt to use violence to stop a transition of power to a properly elected official. It doesn’t matter what the GOP’s game plan is. You do your job and you treat this as the highest crime against the country as there is. 

Add:

case in point - Marco Rubio. 

im glad he went on public record describing his views of the opening statements in an impeachment trial, for which he is a juror, with “I got my highest candy crush score ever”

will that cause him to lose reelection? Probably not. 

but I don’t care. That is now part of public record. That should follow him around for the rest of his life. That will be in the history books. 

no, we cannot convince our fellow Americans to pull their heads out of their asses. But we can absolutely do our best to make sure the truth and the situation is crystal clear for everyone. What they do with it is up to them. 

but under no circumstance should they be able to say “we” didn’t try, or “we” didn’t do a good job (objectively)

drop the mother****ing hammer. Then pick up the pieces best we can. 

Anyone who has been watching the House managers' presentation knows they have presented a complete, devastating case that clearly shows Donald Trump's culpability.  Criticism of Democrats on this is misplaced.

The Candy Crush headline was from an article by a New Yorker satirist, and it's sad how close to reality it is.  There are GOP Senators who disgrace their office with their conduct during this trial.

As for Chuck Schumer not making a rule that as a juror, you can't meet with the defense team...

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I disagree with the “Dems are screwing this up” narrative for this trial. There was never gonna be a conviction. Ever.

They also have to balance the time spent here with time spent pushing Biden’s agenda. 

I think they’ve done a good job. Our government is so broken. Not sure what else they’re supposed to do.

If the only goal here was a conviction then it’s not even worth doing.  The issue here is that a president tried to knock off his enemies in government by creating an angry mob and then pointing them at the Capitol. That, all by itself, demands a thorough investigations by everyone involved.  No one has more power to do that, to compel witnesses, and to expose those safely nestled within the halls of power, than congress.  

Fascism is not slowed or defeated by pragmatic compromises that allow the people involved to essentially get away with it.  I don’t mean the useful idiots that broke windows, I mean the thinkers behind it all.  Dig it all up and expose it.  Force the people involved to testify if for no other reason than to shame them and ruin their reputations for all time by branding them as conspirators.   

The mistake too many elected leaders are making is thinking the threat has passed and this impeachment is about problems that are over.  It’s not over.

Archived