What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

pelosi did a 'comeback' to the mike after a late question to lay into turtle-man...it was a good projection of genuine disgust for all his phony hedgy crap in his summary

McConnell never misses a chance to declare his deep devotion to the traditions and mores of the United States Senate.  The body he supposedly respects so much voted that they, in fact, had jurisdiction in this case.  And yet, arrogantly, he ignored that vote.  His word is worthless.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I just don’t see any of that 

I see all of it. It’s false, obviously. But I see why people reacting off of emotion and primarily anger it seems would think that. 

I do think they are politically going to have to explain this. I bet a big portion of the Dems base elected them specifically to punish Trump, and letting him off on this of all things is going to piss them off. Stupid angry people vote. Or not, I guess. 

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Many more people voted for Democrats in November election because Covid, economy, stimulus, and everything else Democrats can do that Republicans won't.

I feel you. Dems won the senate by paper thin margins though. So I don’t expect this will help. But they have a lot of work to do. I just think they should honestly explain it to the portion of their voting base that doesn’t get it. Cause a portion will not and unity is our greatest strength at the moment 

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If you think that there was some magical tactic that Democrats could have deployed, if only they had the courage, that would have gotten enough Republicans to vote to convict Trump, then I honestly question every single opinion you’ve ever had. 

if the only reason to do any of this was how republicans would vote, then this was all a waste of time.  

I thought the entire point of gaining majority in both houses was to not let how republicans vote guide every action.  Maybe when the fascists get violent again we’ll think it’s worth fully investigating.  Assuming they don’t succeed, of course. 

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

if the only reason to do any of this was how republicans would vote, then this was all a waste of time.  

I thought the entire point of gaining majority in both houses was to not let how republicans vote guide every action.  Maybe when the fascists get violent again we’ll think it’s worth fully investigating.  Assuming they don’t succeed, of course. 

I wanna say the truth is someplace in the middle but I really do worry that not getting to the truth of this entire thing is going not only hurt the Dems politically (thereby strengthening the Repubs) but hurt the country overall somehow. I can’t articulate how. 

I really really hope the legal system bails us out and gets really aggressive about this in the Dems place. And that could be the plan. 

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

The reason to do it was you can’t not do it if you aren’t a Trump sycophant, he ****ing incited an actual literal attack on Congress. Today pretty much bore that out. The outcome was always preordained. Even a poll on a football message board full of scoundrels and knuckleheads correctly called it, just look up.  

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

on a football message board full of scoundrels and knuckleheads

not a mention of all the ne'er-do-wells, miscreants, rapscallions, and riff-raff?

you just leave out the contributions of my people?

after all the times I've tried to recognize their presence over the years?

i though i modeled inclusivity better than that...report to tk for a sensitivity training refresher

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

May be a Twitter screenshot of one or more people and text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Donald Trump just shot the Republican Party on 5th Avenue.'

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

39 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If you think that there was some magical tactic that Democrats could have deployed, if only they had the courage, that would have gotten enough Republicans to vote to convict Trump, then I honestly question every single opinion you’ve ever had. 

I don't think people were expecting a conviction, but they wanted a better showing during the trial.

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

not a mention of all the ne'er-do-wells, miscreants, rapscallions, and riff-raff?

you just leave out the contributions of my people?

after all the times I've tried to recognize their presence over the years?

i though i modeled inclusivity better than that...report to tk for a sensitivity training refresher

Been drinkin. Trying to keep it concise. :)

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I don't think people were expecting a conviction, but they wanted a better showing during the trial.

Maybe. I think it’s tough to make a circus out of an entirely straightforward case without making yourself the spectacle. 

In any event, my original post stands, which only said that if you expected the Dems to magically conjure a conviction, then you are a stupid person. 

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It makes you wonder: if the dems knew they were going to lose and didn't plan on calling any witnesses, were they actually trying to win? Yeah, yeah yeah! We all knew the GOP wouldn't vote to convict, that doesn't mean you give up and quit halfway through. Anyone with common sense would have to seriously question the dems resolve on this entire thing.

16 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

It makes you wonder: if the dems knew they were going to lose and didn't plan on calling any witnesses, were they actually trying to win? Yeah, yeah yeah! We all knew the GOP wouldn't vote to convict, that doesn't mean you give up and quit halfway through. Anyone with common sense would have to seriously question the dems resolve on this entire thing.

Depends on how you define a win. 

Conviction was never going to happen. Never. Same as  Orangeasshole I, Orangeasshole II was never going to get a conviction.

It's time to turn this over to Merrick Garland. Let him get confirmed & then unleash the hounds.

Let the city of DC find anything the Orange Mangina & his offspring did to charge them for doing. Audit their hotels (side note: I thought booking every room in every hotel worldwide that allowed a 24 hr. cancellation might be a thing for those interwebs peeps to do on a weekly basis, but I digress). Get the criminal investigations going & break them financially.

I'm not pissed at all. This is 2022 billboard **** that Garland will uncover. Sweep the leg...

There was no need to do this and call a vote on witnesses, only to backtrack hours later. If the roles were reversed, the GOP would have cut all of their ads for 2022 through witness testimonies. The Democratic Party is comically bad at communicating to the public and routinely loses elections it shouldn’t because of it.

Archived