Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

21 minutes ago, zskins said:

Say what lol

I heard a rumor on Google news that Redskins might sign Cam Newton. We faced Heinicke last year and beat Washington. Heinicke should stick to making beer!

There was one that was pretty funny, though sad and true at the same time.

Some Giants fan says 'we don't do well against backup QB's"

another guy is like "whatya mean, Washington is ALWAYS playing a backup QB it seems, so what's the difference ???"

Can't argue there 🥲

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

Feelings are subjective and you're entitled to your own.

My feeling, and many others agree with me, is that I've seen a complete lack of magic from Fitz as a WFT QB.  So, if it doesn't work out with TH, I'd rather see Allen or Shurmur.  I doubt very seriously that a guy pushing 40 and getting over a dislocated hip is gonna be any team's savior.  

Can you pinpoint which of the 6 passes Fitz threw on Sunday finally put you over the edge and made you realize he wasn't the guy?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Heinicke looked fairly sharp yesterday given that he probably didn’t take many first team reps the last 2 weeks. He had all camp to get up to speed on this offense and will take all first team reps this week. I expect him to play well Thursday. 

I mentioned one of the attributes in a qb I want is intelligence. Guy came off the street last year and played pretty good. No one can argue with that. Yesterday he comes in cold and sparked the offense and gave us a chance to win if it wasn’t for Gibson’s fumble and Rons decision to punt. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No. That's the point. Making any decision...pro or con...based on such a miniscule sample size is beyond silly.

That was not the point I was trying to make. How the offense do or respond with him in it for his first 6 throws. Nothing more or less. Not saying let's hang our hats on TH or he is a hall of famer. 

Almost everybody loves Taylor Heinicke

This guy, not tell us anything we don't already know...but nice to hear it again.

https://edge-forums.nbcsports.com/topic/837369-taylor-heinicke-2021-outlook/

BrianM

Tom Brady just won 4 playoff games.  He beat 3 HoF QB's along the way, and I'm sayin his biggest challenge was Taylor Mf'n Heinicke. 

#freetaylorheinicke  #qb2   

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, zskins said:

How did TH do with his fist 6 passes would be a good comparison. No?

Heinecke fan here: But many of his passes were all on the receiver. Very Few passes where a QB in rhythm would have thrown them. The TD pass to Logan was 12 feet in the air, and Terrys spectacular catch was 4 yards off target. His legs and his head looked like an NFL QB, his arm...not so much.

Hope that improves asap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let Heinigoat sling it and let's have some fun. This **** is supposed to be an entertainment product, right? I'm sick of boring ass Skins/WFT games.  RG3 2012 was fun. Gibbs 2 with Sean Taylor, Moss, Portis, Cooley & Co was fun. This team hasn't been fun in a long time and at least when Heinicke plays there's some energy and a spark, so I say let's ride the mother****ing lightning lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Heinecke fan here: But many of his passes were all on the receiver. Very Few passes where a QB in rhythm would have thrown them. The TD pass to Logan was 12 feet in the air, and Terrys spectacular catch was 4 yards off target. His legs and his head looked like an NFL QB, his arm...not so much.

Hope that improves asap

When you have great receivers who can make those catches, you take advantage of them.  Not all QBs even put the ball where their superstar can get it.  TH did.

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Well, if Heini ends up sucking, we're going to be drafting high next year. Hopefully the QB class next April isn't trash. 

He won't suck...get hurt...maybe but he won't suck. Heineke is a gamer and can play in this league. Fitz injury is gonna be a blessing in disguise although it sucks to see him hurt.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Well, at least we will know after the next few weeks if Heinike is the guy or not for anyone not sure. I'm hopeful, but silver lining at least we get that out of the way one way or another.

I have absolutely no doubt that we will be more than happy with Heinicke over the next few weeks and beyond.

I liked Taylor's playoff performance (which isn't saying anything because everyone, including guys from other teams, liked it), but I'm not convinced his style of play can produce good results over the course of a season. The off script stuff will be fun, but at some point he's going to need to stand back there and move the ball down the field consistently. Does he have the arm and the stamina for that? Might be too much for the Giants on Thursday, but teams with really good defenses are going to commit to not getting beat by his antics.    

He sort of has a little Rex Grossman in him with his passes.  He definitely has trust in the WRs almost too much at times.  Besides Mclaurin and Thomas I am not sure if I trust anyone on the roster (yet) to win battles with DBs instead of letting it deflect off their hands, chest, helmet, etc etc....and potentially end up a turnover.  Not that it would be his fault necessarily, but in the NFL there is so much in the passing game that relies on you throwing the ball to where the WR will be as opposed to where they are when you release the ball.  Getting in work with the starters the next few days is going to be the key.  The Giants are a beatable opponent, they looked awful on Sunday.  However, small things can lose games in the NFL and being off with timing is for sure one of those things.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

He’s the QB Jay Gruden swears Colt McCoy is. 

Chaos creating playmaker. Heinicke is a legitimate baller. The intangible talent is clearly there. Unfortunately, the tangible talent is not. He’s just too small in my opinion to start in this league. Can’t take the punishment and his arm can’t make all the throws. If he completes 4 quarters Thursday night without leaving for injury or getting hobbled, I’d be very surprised. I’m already ready to jump aboard the Kyle Allen Express. He looked ok to me last year. Not the playmaker or baller that Heinicke is but he can play in this league for a run of games. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

When you have great receivers who can make those catches, you take advantage of them.  Not all QBs even put the ball where their superstar can get it.  TH did.

But really good ones drop the ball in their hands.

Edited by ClaytoAli