Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah trying to keep defenses honest makes sense, and I'd be fine with it if we're talking about passes that are where either your receiver gets it or nobody does, but that's pretty tough to do with throws like out routes that are more about precision than anything else...and if the ball doesn't get there in time it's an incomplete pass if you're lucky, a pick six if you're not. With that sort of throw, to make it so just your guy can get it you'd really need to push it to the sideline and basically force your receiver to toe tap. But it's do-able.

I’ll add to this that with Heinicke in particular, it’s crucial he look off the safety on those throws.  If it’s Terry out there though, that’s probably not doable - you gotta figure they’re intent on bracketing him.  Speaking of which, 1) I hope Turner is calling/scheming Terry pulling coverage from others (deep shots in particular), and 2) it’s a shame Brown and Samuel haven’t gotten going - they could be good fits in that role (running go routes while Terry pulls the safety on post and dig routes).  Chess match with the safety in 1/2 deep coverages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ODU AGGIE said:

I had already taken that into account. The thrust of my post was that I thought TH would play well, but it may not be enough. Try to let that sink in this time.

You missed my point and/or my previous post.  Kinda hard to expect a lot from a QB if none of his receiving targets would start for another NFL team. 

Edited by ThomasRoane

If Heineke and offense get to 30 points that would 3 out of 5 starts QBing a 30 point offense. Even in the bad games he achieved/gained rhythm and momentum. 

Im not out on Taylor being a candidate to  compete for the job next year. 

Side note: didn’t like like him saying he played well, but didn’t listen to the whole interview to gain any context. Thoughts from others who did watch the whole thing? 

4 hours ago, ODU AGGIE said:

OK guys. I'm trying my best to be objective, but undoubtedly some of my bias will shine through. I think TH can have a good game this week. First, as others have pointed out the Chiefs defense has not exactly been setting the world on fire. 

I saw a tweet this week talking about the Chiefs' D.  It said something about the Chief's D giving up more yards per play than the Ram's "greatest show on turf" offense averaged.  So, the implication is that an average offense should look like the Greatest show on turf when they play KC.

Also, I think I read that TH has more 20+ yard pass plays than Mahomes has had so far this year.  That is obviously a statistical fluke, but I do think the WFT and TH will have chances for a lot of big offensive plays.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wit33 said:

Side note: didn’t like like him saying he played well, but didn’t listen to the whole interview to gain any context. Thoughts from others who did watch the whole thing? 

In his post game presser I don’t believe he said he played well, just came across like his only bad plays were the picks.  To his credit,  he admitted how awful and crippling they were to the team because of where they took place.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wit33 said:

If Heineke and offense get to 30 points that would 3 out of 5 starts QBing a 30 point offense. Even in the bad games he achieved/gained rhythm and momentum. 

Im not out on Taylor being a candidate to  compete for the job next year. 

Yeah that's true, but it would also be 30 points against 3 terrible defenses, so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Against decent defenses (Chargers, Bills, Saints) we're averaging a little under 20 points per game so far.

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah that's true, but it would also be 30 points against 3 terrible defenses, so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Against decent defenses (Chargers, Bills, Saints) we're averaging a little under 20 points per game so far.

Bad defenses that are beginning to have success against him. 

It was like the 3rd quarter and Lattimore had 5 PDs. 

The good D's will eat him alive now that there's enough tape. 

11 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Saints have a good D

Sure. Not great though.

Lattimore is top of the line.

With Lattimore getting his hands on a half dozen throws - and I think he could have played better - that should now be the expectation for every top corner: the chance at a multi-pick game. 

It basically makes Terry a non-factor. Your top 10 WR can be 'covered' by a top 30 CB. Maybe give up a couple of TDs, but you'll get the turnovers and timely stops with poor QB play. 

5 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Sure. Not great though.

Lattimore is top of the line.

With Lattimore getting his hands on a half dozen throws - and I think he could have played better - that should now be the expectation for every top corner: the chance at a multi-pick game. 

It basically makes Terry a non-factor. Your top 10 WR can be 'covered' by a top 30 CB. Maybe give up a couple of TDs, but you'll get the turnovers and timely stops with poor QB play. 

The point is we haven’t seen a “bad” defense figure him out. We’ll see what today shows us.

Also, Terry would dominate most CBs regardless of Taylor’s accuracy issues. Lattimore is a top 3-7 (maybe even higher) CB. Terry had no chance against him with those throws.

20 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Bad defenses that are beginning to have success against him. 

It was like the 3rd quarter and Lattimore had 5 PDs. 

The good D's will eat him alive now that there's enough tape. 

Chiefs looked at the tape,

Taylor looked off their entire defense for the Seals-Jones TD.

It can look worse then this... and we'll see it in these next 6 weeks looking at the schedule. 

Mclaurin limited.

Samuel out. 

Thomas on IR.

Gibson has shin issue. 

There were plenty of plays on the field that Taylor missed but our offense doesn't really have anything besides JD catching the ball out of the backfield.

I seriously doubt Kyle Allen us going to perform any better. Doesn't matter though. We'll see all 3 QBs play this season regardless whether it's due to injury or performance. 

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Mooka said:

It can look worse then this... and we'll see it in these next 6 weeks looking at the schedule. 

Mclaurin limited.

Samuel out. 

Thomas on IR.

Gibson has shin issue. 

There were plenty of plays on the field that Taylor missed but our offense doesn't really have anything besides JD catching the ball out of the backfield.

I seriously doubt Kyle Allen us going to perform any better. Doesn't matter though. We'll see all 3 QBs play this season regardless whether it's due to injury or performance. 

Jesus I can’t believe people are still sticking up for him.