Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Remember the influx of Alex Smith fans, of which to be honest, was a surprise to me.  Not that people would like Alex Smith, but like him enough to become a fan of whatever team he goes to and act as his counsel on the team forum.  The one dude, I think it was Sandy Monk - sheesh. 

That was nothing compared to the absolute tsunami of Colt Brennan (RIP) fans once we drafted him.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean -- anything is possible with this team re: Waterpark 

But taking him not saying think about it as some kind of sign either way is like me saying well..... you didn't deny sharing your shaved nuts with the squirrels at the park in your spare time. Means nothing. 

Unless there is something you want to tell us about them squirrels.....

Actually, not. If what that caller described in great detail is not true, and was about me, I would be incensed and take measures to make it clear to all that it was not true. In fact, I might be wrong, but it seems to me it would qualify as slander, and if so, I would sue him for all I could get.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

Heinicke is putting up 24.6 ppg.

That's only happened 3 times in the entire Snyder era producing 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances.

We all see his physical limitations on the field but let's not pretend Kyle Allen or Fitz is going to come in and put more points on the board. 

All things considered with his limitations and accuracy issues, why can't either Fitz or Allen who have better arms score close to that or better?  We in here putting him blast, but neither other QB can come close to what he does? Not buying it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Say word?

That's legit how I feel. Fitz wrap was he could be an INT machine but he was exciting and was gonna ****ing wing it regardless. Taylor is that with a weaker arm. But he knows the offense better. They both can read defenses pretty well in my estimation so im not sure we are gaining much going to Fitz at all other then some heat on the ball and a less open book. 

The Atlanta game is unfortunately why I believe this will happen and then we have to pull him.  Hawkins alone dropped like 2-3 ints.

Luck is a stat lol. I feel you though. If they start catching them, and Fitz is ready to go im not against pulling him. 

Fitz is better then Allen, so if Taylor does keep having multi int games, have to shoot your shot with Fitz regardless.  If season is over by then, I'd still rather see Fitz at least to see what we have with him, who really knows right now, he's only had 6 passes this year.

No part of me wants to see Allen. I don't even know why hes taking up a roster spot and it annoys me. If we pull Taylor it has to be Fitz....I just don't see much to gain from it at this point (maybe I'm underselling Fitz. I'm not Talent Scientist) 

2 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Actually, not. If what that caller described in great detail is not true, and was about me, I would be incensed and take measures to make it clear to all that it was not true. In fact, I might be wrong, but it seems to me it would qualify as slander, and if so, I would sue him for all I could get.

You and your millions trying to rehab your injury and get back on the football field to win a Super Bowl would stop your life to indulge in a no name caller about a place no one has ever heard of to talk about a thing that you know never happened and there is no proof of. Ok cool. There is a saying that works best here. A hit dog will holla (Dont hit dogs people) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

If someone called me gay, I'd laugh and go do the nasty with my wife.  Not every criticism deserves so much as a second glance, its the Twitter age after all.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

You must have a lot of free time. Are you retired? 

Slander? Really? 🤭

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If someone called me gay, I'd laugh and go do the nasty with my wife.  Not every criticism deserves so much as a second glance, its the Twitter age after all.

Weird that you would feel compelled to have sex just because you’ve been emasculated, but hey, whatever.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That's legit how I feel. Fitz wrap was he could be an INT machine but he was exciting and was gonna ****ing wing it regardless. Taylor is that with a weaker arm. But he knows the offense better. They both can read defenses pretty well in my estimation so im not sure we are gaining much going to Fitz at all other then some heat on the ball and a less open book. 

Jus because he's been in the offense longer doesn't mean he knows it better, we don't know that, but we do know these guys are professionals.  If Fitz was a rookie, I'd get it, but he's like 38, he knows what he's doing.

And I gotta tell you, if they both have a tendency for multi int games, which is what's its starting to look like, gotta go with the guy with the better arm.  The turnovers are the difference in Taylor staying the starter or not, I could've lived with the ducks if the defense weren't collecting, but they are now.

Luck is a stat lol. I feel you though. If they start catching them, and Fitz is ready to go im not against pulling him. 

I'm with you on this.

No part of me wants to see Allen. I don't even know why hes taking up a roster spot and it annoys me. If we pull Taylor it has to be Fitz....I just don't see much to gain from it at this point (maybe I'm underselling Fitz. I'm not Talent Scientist) 

He was Taylor before Taylor, im not convinced one is much better then the other.  I remember when Allen played the giants in New York last year and I called him crazy. Taylor may be a tad bit more mobile, but they are damn near clones.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Weird that you would feel compelled to have sex just because you’ve been emasculated, but hey, whatever.

Weird that's how you took the joke, but okay, shouldve seen that coming.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

All things considered with his limitations and accuracy issues, why can't either Fitz or Allen who have better arms score close to that or better?  We in here putting him blast, but neither other QB can come close to what he does? Not buying it.

Taylor makes plays with his legs and can make something happen when the play breaks down. 

Fitzpatrick is old and immobile which got him broken in half in like 1 quarter behind our line. (And also has accuracy issues) 

Kyle Allen is a fine backup but it's doubtful his body can hold up. He gets hit too much. He's solid for 2 games at a time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Taylor makes plays with his legs and can make something happen when the play breaks down. 

Which doesn't matter if he compliments them with multi int games.

Fitzpatrick is old and immobile which got him broken in half in like 1 quarter behind our line. (And also has accuracy issues) 

Since when? Worse then Taylor? Ya right.

Kyle Allen is a fine backup but it's doubtful his body can hold up. He gets hit too much. He's solid for 2 games at a time.

Isn't this the same fear many had on Taylor?  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Are you entirely sure you're not just upset that Heinicke laid an egg on Sunday and lashing out?

Thanks for making me chuckle, MT, but no, that is not it at all. I just say what's on my mind and respond when I feel a response is in order. It does seem I have struck a nerve with a few folks, but that is not my intent. I just am who I am.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Why would you punish your wife because someone called you gay?

Edited by NewCliche21
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Since when? Worse then Taylor? Ya right.

Isn't this the same fear many had on Taylor?  

Taylor Heinicke is a backup QB in the NFL, he won't last the full season either. If we're not drafting a QB next season we'll be in the same situation.

However, when he goes down our offense will look more like 2018 or last year signing guys like Josh Johnson or Heinicke off the street. (if that makes sense) 

Fitz has tons of accuracy issues. He makes the big mistake on 1st/2nd but then makes the big throw on 3rd down to make up for it. We simply do not have the Line/WRs/TEs to allow Fitzpatrick to sit in the pocket all day. (our line is young and overrated on paper due to Heinicke's ability to avoid pressure)

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Taylor Heinicke is a backup QB in the NFL, he won't last the full season either. If we're not drafting a QB next season we'll be in the same situation.

However, when he goes down our offense will look more like 2018 or last year signing guys like Josh Johnson or Heinicke off the street. (if that makes sense) 

Idk, man, think we need a lot more to go wrong before we are in late 2018 mode.

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Fitzpatrick has tons of accuracy issues. He makes the big mistake on 1st/2nd but then makes the big throw on 3rd down to make up for it. We simply do not have the Line/WRs/TEs to allow Fitzpatrick to sit in the pocket all day. (our line is young and overrated on paper due to Heinicke's ability to avoid pressure)

You keep saying this, but I dont understand why.  He completed 68.5% of his passes last year, I didn't watch him play though, am I missing something?  Is he worse then Taylor or Allen? Thata what matters right now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Thanks for making me chuckle, MT, but no, that is not it at all. I just say what's on my mind and respond when I feel a response is in order. It does seem I have struck a nerve with a few folks, but that is not my intent. I just am who I am.

It's all good, I dont believe you struck a nerve with anyone.  We disagree on a lot in this thread, but its no big deal, comes with the territory of being on a sports message board.

For example:

Norfolk State > Tool > ODU

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's all good, I dont believe you struck a nerve with anyone.  We disagree on a lot in this thread, but its no big deal, comes with the territory of being on a sports message board.

For example:

Norfolk State > Tool > ODU

Hey! You're getting too darn personal now!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t really take Fitz not making a statement about what some rando on sports radio said about him to mean anything.  Perhaps if it got more publicity than that, we’d hear from him.  Has anyone else corroborated this?

Sounds flimsy to say the least.

I was there man....  shot this video, man....

OrneryDampBangeltiger-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 5