Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, tshile said:

All my friends got the text message today. 

I didn’t get one. 

I guess them treating their bodies like **** their whole life so they’re obese with high blood pressure has it’s perks. 

Worked for me. 

• Haha 7

So we are finally eligible on Tuesday, we refused to jump the line despite being over 60 and of higher risk.  To be honest I have avoided this thread as it got depressing seeing so many get vaccinated as we sit and wait.

So I really do not know the next step. I completed the pre-registration form the Governor recommended, I filled out a form with Carroll County who sent me a form for 1c. I hesitate to complete this as I'm a delivery guy for UberEats in retirement and that's not really considered 1c essential.  However on Tuesday we will be eligible.  I'm on the list with my doctor who was told they were getting more vaccines but does not know when or how many. I don't feel like trying these individual sites for CVS or Walgreens after hearing the horror stories, I'll throw my laptop through a window.  

• Like 1

Don't worry the vaccine will be required by the military and for deployments soon. 

On 3/18/2021 at 4:35 PM, Warhead36 said:

How common is getting sick after the 2nd shot? My 2nd one is April 15th and I'm supposed to play a volleyball tournament(outdoors) two days after but I'm wondering if I should bow out now if its likely I'll be sick at that time.

It really depends. I still have back aches from the shot 1 week later. my sister was out with 101 2 years after.  my parents were tired as hell. 

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So we are finally eligible on Tuesday, we refused to jump the line despite being over 60 and of higher risk.  To be honest I have avoided this thread as it got depressing seeing so many get vaccinated as we sit and wait.

So I really do not know the next step. I completed the pre-registration form the Governor recommended, I filled out a form with Carroll County who sent me a form for 1c. I hesitate to complete this as I'm a delivery guy for UberEats in retirement and that's not really considered 1c essential.  However on Tuesday we will be eligible.  I'm on the list with my doctor who was told they were getting more vaccines but does not know when or how many. I don't feel like trying these individual sites for CVS or Walgreens after hearing the horror stories, I'll throw my laptop through a window.  

Your work as an UberEats driver qualifies you as "Food Service" personnel. In VA, that gets you qualified as part of 1B. 

Hang in there. You're in the queue & should have your number called soon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So I really do not know the next step. I completed the pre-registration form the Governor recommended, I filled out a form with Carroll County who sent me a form for 1c.

Baltimore MassVax cite may be good, then? 

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/get-vaccine/mtb-stadium

A couple people I know had better luck calling than registering online. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I work at DOD and know of our rates of vaccine deployment and i listen to generals every day about the rate. 

Cool.  So what do you consider soon?  I’m the coordinator for a very large portion of the Navy and actually participate in the flag-level briefings as well as work on the crafting of the messaging.