Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Detroit Football Team

TK

This is the first game this year where I’m feeling thoroughly furious with Rivera. Smith shouldn’t start. This offense is putrid. You can’t win with this play style. You aren’t even running the ball to set up the possibility of a playaction. Mckissic has 50% of the targets in this game. Put Haskins in. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This team is just...slow. There is almost no speed or explosiveness anywhere. Because of that we have no playmaking ability and have to get 100% perfect execution every play.

They're much faster than they used to be.  With Gibson, Mclaurin, Sims Jr, they have speed out there.  They got legit 4.3-4.4 guys out there.  

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Yup. Signing KPL was not a poor signing. He's a good depth player.

The issue is we signed KPL and he is our best/second best LB. And he should be a depth dude or the clear third LB tops. 

Its one of those positions that drafting every year in the 3rd or 4th just pays off over the years. 

Football will always be a linebacker league. They may not lead like a QB or make your stats shine, but you dont succeed without decent ones.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

They're much faster than they used to be.  With Gibson, Mclaurin, Sims Jr, they have speed out there.  They got legit 4.3-4.4 guys out there.  

They don’t play that fast but its more than just pure speed. Its playmaking instinct as well. Like what D Jax had. 

What’s somewhat interesting is there is actually progress in some places but it’s been wiped out by regression.

I think the skill position guys are better than we thought they were going to be.  

THe DL is ok.  

However they can’t stop the run, which means they don’t get to known passing situations, so they can’t really unleash the rush.  

They can’t really sustain blocks, so the pass game is horizontal.  

And they make too many mistakes.

If they just could shore up the run defense, and play a clean game, they would be much more competitive. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Its one of those positions that drafting every year in the 3rd or 4th just pays off over the years. 

Football will always be a linebacker league. They may not lead like a QB or make your stats shine, but you dont succeed without decent ones.

On the bright side this upcoming draft has a TON of linebackers, I'm trying to remember the last time a draft was so full of them. I mean good chance you'll probably be able to grab a starter even in the 5th and 6th rounds.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

They don’t play that fast but its more than just pure speed. Its playmaking instinct as well. Like what D Jax had. 

DJax was different. There are like 2 players in the league at any time who have that game changing ability. 

I don’t think speed is the issue.  I think there are other issues. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What’s somewhat interesting is there is actually progress in some places but it’s been wiped out by regression.

I think the skill position guys are better than we thought they were going to be.  

THe DL is ok.  

However they can’t stop the run, which means they don’t get to known passing situations, so they can’t really unleash the rush.  

They can’t really sustain blocks, so the pass game is horizontal.  

And they make too many mistakes.

If they just could shore up the run defense, and play a clean game, they would be much more competitive. 

A free safety and linebackers would make the D much better.

Offensively a quarterback, a lineman or two and a tight end is the bare bones stuff.

Well, as a veteran fan of this team, I can't think of a time I've felt more lowly than I do right now. It's just amazing that regardless of the staff, players, and/or schemes, we look incredibly inferior to  our opponents regardless of their records.

Snyder has taken my team and fandom and destroyed it. It is unbearable, and yet every Sunday I'm watching.  My love for this team will go to my grave, but truthfully,  it's just another heartache to add to the list.

At least I can have the memories of being competitive and watching super bowls. My son can't say the same.

Just....sad.

Archived