Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

30 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think the problem is that the Stafford compensation changed things. Teams (like us) were willing to go swimming, but the water is so deep just for a flyer that its not worth it. We spent a 5th last year on Allen. What could we get for that this year? A little more? If everything is going to cost a first or a second or more then you've gotta be sure that he's your guy. 

I really am amazed by this happening among men who are supposed to know football. Mahomes is the only elite guy who was originally very expensive but was a Reid pick.  Rodgers was a faller picked because a whole bunch of teams by-passed him and then sat on the bench for 3 years! Brady originally was a camp-fodder level pick who made it big, he was a UFA for Tampa anyway. Josh Allen was looking at best like a good game manager until this year.  He was the result of a trade up but was looking like that was a mistake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

First thing I ask a guy in a cast is "how did it happen" and before he tells me I cut him off with "If it does not start with I went for the backflip on my motorcycle, but..." Your doing it wrong.

Using the back of a parked car carrier trailer as a ramp is also acceptable

Not even diving for the endzone pylon in the playoffs is worthy?  Tough crowd.  Haha

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

I heard that Prescott is going to demand Mahomes Money.

That's one big reason I just sat No to Dak, and don't look back.

What is it with guys who have only won a playoff game or less thinking that they've earned "Mahomes Money"?  Any quarterback not named Brady, Rodgers, or Mahomes should not get that type of deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I heard that Prescott is going to demand Mahomes Money.

That's one big reason I just say No to Dak, and don't look back.

Translation: I won't do what it takes to win because my ego is overinflated and I have more interest in attracting attention to my brand than playing on a talented roster. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If mobility is defined by running ability as a large part of the equation, I agree.  That's why although I won't die on a hill for any of these types, I'd take Mariota over the typical flier QB being discussed here.

Yes, running ability is what I should’ve said. You at least have a known variable and something to build around. Idea being a high floor. I’d trust Mariota even with all we know about him to at least provide enough to let the defense lead the way to another playoff birth.  

For score keeping purposes, I’m much more in support of getting Mariotta versus the dragon in your life these days that is in the form of a 23 year old adult male named Sam Darnold. 

17 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

What is it with guys who have only won a playoff game or less thinking that they've earned "Mahomes Money"?  Any quarterback not named Brady, Rodgers, or Mahomes should not get that type of deal.

Not sure where you fell back in the Kirk days, but this is the same argument us “anti Kirkers” were on. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Translation: I won't do what it takes to win because my ego is overinflated and I have more interest in attracting attention to my brand than playing on a talented roster. 

I look at it differently.

Dallas has had the opportunity to sign Dak for the last several offseasons.

Dak even went the good little soldier route when his own teammate, in a similar situation, held out in Mexico and forced Dallas' hand.

He watched them pay his top WR and DL instead of him.

Dude has every right to ask for whats his, and he is going to bend Jerry over a barrel. The whole NFL knows he would instantly become the 2nd highest paid QB in the league if he hits FA, so that will be the lowpoint of the negotiations with Dallas. It does not matter that he is not a top 5 QB, that will be the going rate for his services. Just like Cousins.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Reminds me, he was in a serious car accident in the last few years, and I believe suffered some degree of TBI if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone know how that recovery turned out ?

Hasn't he been arrested multiple times for drug possession?

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea I believe that's true too

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/08/04/former-uh-quarterback-colt-brennan-arrested-kona-trespassing-while-heavily-intoxicated/

I think this is the latest brush up with the law. You hate to see it.

I was wrong, unfortunately 😔 

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2020/11/23/hawaii-news/extremely-intoxicated-brennan-arrested-again/

Edited by Rex Tomb

15 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I look at it differently.

Dallas has had the opportunity to sign Dak for the last several offseasons.

Dak even went the good little soldier route when his own teammate, in a similar situation, held out in Mexico and forced Dallas' hand.

He watched them pay his top WR and DL instead of him.

Dude has every right to ask for whats his, and he is going to bend Jerry over a barrel. The whole NFL knows he would instantly become the 2nd highest paid QB in the league if he hits FA, so that will be the lowpoint of the negotiations with Dallas. It does not matter that he is not a top 5 QB, that will be the going rate for his services. Just like Cousins.

Dak has every right to ask for what's his, he just shouldn't expect to land on a sustainably good roster. That's the tradeoff. 

For instance, Dallas. He's doomed to a career of 8-8 if they can't afford to field a defense because Jerry insists on recreating the Big Three model that worked for him in the 90s with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Yes, running ability is what I should’ve said. You at least have a known variable and something to build around. Idea being a high floor. I’d trust Mariota even with all we know about him to at least provide enough to let the defense lead the way to another playoff birth.  

For score keeping purposes, I’m much more in support of getting Mariotta

I forgot who said it by one who observed Mariota's career mentioned that his mobility might not have been tapped as much as it should.

This dude is fast.   He was a hair under 90 yards rushing in his one game with the Raiders.  4.5 fast.  That's faster than Russell Wilson.  Faster than Jalen Hurts who seems to be all the rage with some because of his mobility last year.

Not sure where you fell back in the Kirk days, but this is the same argument us “anti Kirkers” were on. 

Mobility as for Kirk?  I recall the arguments well and nope that wasn't the predominant argument used against him.  In defense of the anti-Kirkers, most had their own unique stances, including yours which I recall being unique in that you defended how the FO handled it at least from the context of compensation.  You didn't have a ton of company on that including from the anti-Kirkers. 

My predominant angst on the subject was Bruce's mishandling of the contract and if you are going to dump Kirk, then at least trade him.  My angst was about Bruce.  I even said to some of the anti-Kirkers once Bruce is gone, i won't give a rats behind about Kirk because my goal is to get Bruce out the door.  Kirk was gone.  But Bruce remained.  Bruce blowing his ability to trade Trent for greater assets when he could have -- brought home how he bungled things for Kirk at least for some people.   Ditto Joey Corry's story about a similar instance involving Bruce in Tampa. 

I recall you were convinced they couldn't get any better than what they did for Kirk.  And if i recall you said so even after Mike Jones said Kyle Shanny told him directly they offered a first for Kirk.  Add Jay to that pile now, he also said they could have gotten more than they did for Kirk and should have traded him and cited it as his biggest regret.  Even Jon Gruden goofed on this team in a press conference about how little they got for Kirk.  That's my main debate from what i call about Kirk involving your position that went beyond the player to the bottom line of the incompetent dudes running the team back then.

But now that Bruce is gone I genuinely can't give a rats behind about Kirk one way or another.  So I don't feel like debating him here today.   We got plenty of meaningful real time Qb subjects to discuss.  😀

versus the dragon in your life these days that in the form of a 23 year old adult male named Sam Darnold. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

SIP posted an article about WFT interest in Mac Jones.  No he's not athletic like the other QBs in draft but he's smart, tough, good ball placement and has enough quickness to escape sacks and find time to find his WR down field.  He's one to keep an eye on if they don't sign a vet QB.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

SIP posted an article about WFT interest in Mac Jones.  No he's not athletic like the other QBs in draft but he's smart, tough, good ball placement and has enough quickness to escape sacks and find time to find his WR down field.  He's one to keep an eye on if they don't sign a vet QB.

We'll see how this all washes out.  Don't think WFT is moving up for him and some drafts have him going higher than our pick.  Like I said, we'll see 🙂

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I don't recall that?  I recall posting maybe they could or should because of....

You sure the article said they are in on Mac?