Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

10 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:

I could be wrong but I believe I was the first person to mention Stafford month or so ago before rumors even came out he would actually request a trade. I mention this because for some reason I had a dream he was in a Redskins uniform the night before I posted that. I have prayed every day this becomes reality

Pfft. I've been saying Watson was a possibility during the regular season, before the GM/coaching hire and before it was cool.

I called it a fever dream, but I recognized the possibility that he could request a trade and force his way out. I didn't need a dream to do it either. That was a 100% zombie original thought... that I acquired through thought ozmosis after eating the brain of a crazy guy.

2 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

I guess part my thought process is I'd rather give two 1's than a 1 and a player. If we only need to give up a 1 and a 2 then great.

Throw in Landon Collins for ****s and giggles.

Adding Collins would decrease the value of whatever picks we are offering.  Id love it happen but hes a demerit.

1 hour ago, redskins4ever28 said:

I could be wrong but I believe I was the first person to mention Stafford month or so ago ...  I have prayed every day this becomes reality

You're talking to the big Man and this is all ya got? Not multiple Super bowl wins? Oh, and while you're in his ear ....might as well throw in World Peace, eternal salvation, yada yada yada

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, redskins4ever28 said:

I could be wrong but I believe I was the first person to mention Stafford month or so ago before rumors even came out he would actually request a trade. I mention this because for some reason I had a dream he was in a Redskins uniform the night before I posted that. I have prayed every day this becomes reality

4w0lqk.jpg

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I’m going to lose my **** if we trade for Watson. I would be more excited than I have been by any DC pickup since we drafted John Wall. 

Can you imagine the star power in DC with Watson and Chase Young? We’d become a real free agent destination. 

I’d trade four 1sts in the blink of an eye. 

Bringing up Wall as your previous high in excitement isn’t exactly a strong selling point for Watson :ols:

4 minutes ago, Jacoby6644 said:

If two1s are being floated it better be for Watson!!

I think two 1sts would be the minimum starting point for Watson most likely. Offering one 1st would be like showing up and trying to get into a high stakes no limit holdem game with $1000 on you. You'd be laughed at.

2 hours ago, redskin301 said:

Honestly if we do trade for Stafford or Watson 

I hope Ron is fully on board don’t 

Wanna hear that Dan took over the whole 

situation I’d rather stick with TH at that point 

This is honestly my biggest fear with any aggressive move we make and expecially at qb. It always seems like a  Dan move that will backfire and cost us more in the long run. It's one of the reasons I root for the underdogs, because they're less likely to be Dan guys and because of their hard roads, it let's us know they can work their way up

13 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is honestly my biggest fear with any aggressive move we make and expecially at qb. It always seems like a  Dan move that will backfire and cost us more in the long run. It's one of the reasons I root for the underdogs, because they're less likely to be Dan guys and because of their hard roads, it let's us know they can work their way up

From the reporting, it sounds like Ron himself went to Dan to say which direction he wanted to go for QB and he's been seemingly pretty open about the fact that they need to upgrade their QB situation. I suppose it's possible that he's only doing that because Dan told him to, but I really don't think Ron is the kind of guy to play the lapdog. And I feel like he was probably pretty straightforward with Dan about what he expected in that regard when they were talking about him potentially coming here.

Edited by mistertim

This may sound strange but what do you guys think about the possibility that Jerruh, who constantly contradicts himself, changing his mind again about Prescott, and decides to go all in on Watson, and dumps Prescott.  I know he has a two-week franchise-tag period in late Feb/early March to sign Dak to a long term deal or franchise tag him again but I just think with the guys out there available he may dump Prescott.  If Jones does that I think we should entertain going after him.  A little revenge goes a long way with a decent QB with a decent supporting cast. I just do not see the Cowboys signing him to a long term deal because Jones like bright new fancy toys. And they will NOT  franchise tag him because it is a 20% raise over his 2020 pay and that is 21.5% of their salary cap. I am not saying it will happen but Jones does some weird **** and I think it would short-sighted of the WFT NOT to entertain it if he is dumped. And I think he would be motivated.

Edited by skinsmania123

Ha, I didn't see a name attached to Garafolo's phone call. 

Detroit beat writer says the Lions have fielded around a dozen exploratory calls and of those, 5-6 have presented some type of offer.

Also says that they're going to eventually whittle it down to 2-3 and present them to Stafford out of respect.

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

It means something, SIP and you know it.  Everyone ranks players ALL over the place.  Top 31 was voted on by the players.  Very relevant, no doubt.  I'm not saying that Alex is better than Matt.  I'm just pointing something out.  

You've pointed it out multiple times so clearly you are trying to make a pro Alex case versus Stafford or maybe they are equals?  Otherwise why bother with the point?  And, it's cool to each their own on that.  But if so I'll happily debate that point since I disagree.  It's just opinion.  There are no right or wrongs.  But if you are going to stick to that point then I'll give me 2 cents which is Stafford IMO is a clear peg better than Alex was.  But that's just my opinion.

As to the part about I know it?  I've watched a lot of Stafford and i've watched a lot of Alex Smith.  I can give a rats behind about what accolades each received.  I can easily elevate Stafford over Alex on that front too, like I just did in my post responding to yours.  The pro bowl is in part a popularity contest also it somewhat depends on what other QBs play in your conference and whether they attend the pro bowl.  So a dude like Tom Brady was hardly ever playing in the pro bowl.    Was Stafford better than Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees where he deserved a pro bowl nod over them?  Nope.  But to me so what?

It would be a bit of a joke if we saw players rank Alex as the 30th best player in the league and there is a reason for that.  Conversely, nothing funny about Stafford ranked that high.  But regardless for me even that's meaningless, too.  In my opinion Stafford is a distinctly more talented and better player than Alex.   😉

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You've pointed it out multiple times so clearly you are trying to make a pro Alex case versus Stafford or maybe they are equals?  Otherwise why bother with the point?  And, it's cool to each their own on that.  But if so I'll happily debate that point since I disagree.  It's just opinion.  There are no right or wrongs.  But if you are going to stick to that point then I'll give me 2 cents which is Stafford IMO is a clear peg better than Alex was.  But that's just my opinion.

As to the part about I know it?  I've watched a lot of Stafford and i've watched a lot of Alex Smith.  I can give a rats behind about what accolades each received.  I can easily elevate Stafford over Alex on that front too, like I just did in my post responding to yours.  The pro bowl is in part a popularity contest also it somewhat depends on what other QBs play in your conference and whether they attend the pro bowl.  So a dude like Tom Brady was hardly ever playing in the pro bowl.    Was Stafford better than Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees where he deserved a pro bowl nod over them?  Nope.  But to me so what?

It would be a bit of a joke if we saw players rank Alex as the 30th best player in the league and there is a reason for that.  Conversely, nothing funny about Stafford ranked that high.  But regardless for me even that's meaningless, too.  In my opinion Stafford is a distinctly more talented and better player than Alex.   😉

That's why I love others to have different opinions.  :)  Seriously, if we all agreed it's be a boring world.  Thanks for sharing and keep your opinions coming, SIP.  Love ya brother.  Will say this.  There is another forum that if you don't agree with them they will either make you feel like poop or ban you.  LOL.  

• Like 1

Having watched both of them, it's kinda clear that Stafford is in a bit of a different level than Alex Smith, even if only from a pure talent perspective. From what I've read they're both extremely smart QBs and are really good teammates so that's probably a wash. But Stafford can do things with the ball that Alex just can't, and never could. He's still got easily one of the best arms I've seen and he can also make a ton of off-platform throws that are just nuts. 

They're also completely opposite players in some ways. Stafford likes to drive the ball down the field, and will fit lots of throws into tight windows. Smith, as we all know, is much more comfortable with a short to intermediate game and isn't much of a risk taker. 

• Like 1