Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

200 pages because of too many options to trade for QB. Its gonna happen.

Amazing looking at the poll numbers and how drafting with first rounder went from in the 60s to low 20s now.

Probably happened around the time our pick fell from top 6 to top 19 weeks later.

• Like 3

Detroit will not trade Stafford in the conference  unless the haul is significant. He’s going to Indy, and honestly, that’s the best spot for him ( with SF being a 1b).

If Miami, Carolina, or NYJ are legit suitors, we have no shot at Watson either. It’s a waste of time dreaming about it. 

The way I see it we have two options before us:

1. Wait and see what happens with Dak. 
2. If Dak stays in DAL or goes elsewhere, hope Kyle Smith did his homework on Lance and Newman, and continue filling out the roster behind Allen/Heineken until the rook is ready. I’d entertain drafting either even if we land Dak honestly. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'd be pretty surprised if we took Lance. It sounds like Rivera and Co. are in win now mode, for better or worse. Lance is very much not a "win now" prospect. He's super gifted but is raw and is going to need time to develop. Then again, who knows. I'm guessing we'll end up with a small upgrade on Allen/Heinicke...maybe Carr or someone along those lines. And we'll go from a 7-9 team to a 8-8 team.

Well, we can’t go 8-8 next year. That’s the good news.  Bad news is we can go 8-8-1.

:ols:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

The Saints? Yes. The Rams? Yes. Miami? Yes. 

Us? Not yet.

Miami?  I know that team very well, they are in my backyard like Buffalo is for you.    They have a lot of picks so that helps if your point is based on that alone.  But their roster IMO has further to go IMO than we do.

Their offense IMO as far as weapons is more lacking than ours.  Their O line is one of the worst in the league.   Ours is at least decent.  And they don't IMO have a Gibson/McLaurin.   Only advantage they had on offense and it was a major one was Fitzpatrick was better than our combination of guys at QB last year especially factoring Haskins.

I think our defense is better than theirs too.  We got the better D line.  They got the better back 7.  Their defense was ranked middle of the pack as for yards allowed but I think their unit is underrated.  We ranked 2nd in yards and perhaps our defense is overrated.  But I'd give the nod to us. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Miami?  I know that team very well, they are in my backyard like Buffalo is for you.    They have a lot of picks so that helps if your point is based on that alone.  But their roster IMO has further to go IMO than we do.

Their offense IMO as far as weapons is more lacking than ours.  Their O line is one of the worst in the league.   Ours is at least decent.  And they don't IMO have a Gibson/McLaurin.   Only advantage they had on offense and it was a major one was Fitzpatrick was better than our combination of guys at QB last year especially factoring Haskins.

I think our defense is better than theirs too.  We got the better D line.  They got the better back 7.  Their defense was ranked middle of the pack as for yards allowed but I think their unit is underrated.  We ranked 2nd in yards and perhaps our defense is overrated.  But I'd give the nod to us. 

I think they have some needs for sure. But they have a decent OL. They need another receiver and a full time back but I know a lot of people like Gaskin. Their defense isn’t as good as a whole as ours but they have maybe the best corner in the game. 

I’ll default to you on Miami’s position, though. You’d know much more than I would having to hear all that Mammal Chatter

• Like 1

I can understand the thought process of not throwing an absurd amount of picks at Watson.

However, it will be frustrating if another team gets Stafford via a ‘reasonable’ looking trade. To be fair, he has to have an strong interest in the team he’s moving to, might simply be he doesn’t fancy the WFT to finish off his career. I’d still be pushing the trade to the wire though.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I can understand the thought process of not throwing an absurd amount of picks at Watson.

However, it will be frustrating if another team gets Stafford via a ‘reasonable’ looking trade. To be fair, he has to have an strong interest in the team he’s moving to, might simply be he doesn’t fancy the WFT to finish off his career. I’d still be pushing the trade to the wire though.

I don’t think SF being the front runner means much until it does. I know I’m stating the absolute obvious. Akin to: Hey you can’t win if you don’t score!

But I think some of the SF stuff is Detroit throwing it out there. I’m sure they’ve probably put together a solid package, too. But we’ll see.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We are on opposite ends on this but please don't lose sleep if we don't trade for him...WFT is on the UP be excited for the season upcoming there's plenty to be excited about with or without Stafford imo lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

You Heinicke Haters better hope those 5 quarters were more indicative than you thought. Bc the way these QB dominoes are falling we're all gonna be learning Dutch by September 😂

Dude isn’t even starting over god damn Kyle Allen. We’re so ****ed if we can’t get upgrade QB this offseason because 2022 looks terrible.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think SF being the front runner means much until it does. I know I’m stating the absolute obvious. Akin to: Hey you can’t win if you don’t score!

But I think some of the SF stuff is Detroit throwing it out there. I’m sure they’ve probably put together a solid package, too. But we’ll see.

I could see Lynch being aggressive, but the suggestion, albeit unsubstantiated, that they don’t want to part with #12, is key. 

Just reading Rivera is officially cleared, cancer free today. Amazing news, now come on Ron, celebrate in style and treat yourself to a QB....:headbang:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We are on opposite ends on this but please don't lose sleep if we don't trade for him...WFT is on the UP be excited for the season upcoming there's plenty to be excited about with or without Stafford imo lol. 

Doesn’t matter if we can’t get a QB

2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Dude isn’t even starting over god damn Kyle Allen. We’re so ****ed if we can’t get upgrade QB this offseason because 2022 looks terrible.

Got to agree, this is the time to make a move.

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I don’t get enough sleep to start off with. Must be an age thing.

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The bidding war and the asking price is going to be high for guys like Stafford and Watson.  Rivera, Hurney, and Mayhew need to be smart about this.  If they get can get the guy at the right price, that's great, if not move on.

• Like 1

It would do well for the Raiders to make a call and make one of their QBs available to take advantage of all this demand. You wont have more QB needy teams then you will have right now.

Seeing a lot of rumbling that Hou would prefer Watson to hit the NFC. That would be massive in terms of our ability to pick him up if they all but rule out the AFC teams at the top of the draft.

You know what would be crazy?  A trade of Dak for Stafford.

The poetic version?  Dak for Watson - The Texas Two step. 

(Not straight up in either case of course, and almost impossible to do given contact extensions/compensation)