Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Do you suggest he lose games on purpose?

No, I'm contesting the (quoted) position that Rons vision is based solely upon the future. If that was the case he would not have said that his goal was to win football games now. Instead he would have sat or traded veterans for picks, and possibly trade upcoming picks for 2022/23 picks. Certainly would not have pursued Amari Cooper.  Just pointing out the fallacy that Rons plan isn't to win games 

• Thanks 1

I don't know what Pederson's reasoning was for pulling Hurts in that season finale. What I do know, is that we as Washington Football Team fans should only hope that Phiily's plan is to make Hurts their starting QB. I personally think the guy stinks and him being Philly's starter would be great news for us.   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

No, I'm contesting the (quoted) position that Rons vision is based solely upon the future. If that was the case he would not have said that his goal was to win football games now. Instead he would have sat or traded veterans for picks, and possibly trade upcoming picks for 2022/23 picks. Certainly would not have pursued Amari Cooper.  Just pointing out the fallacy that Rons plan isn't to win games 

Every coach's plan is to win games every year. You owe it to the guys on your roster to put the best people out there. Look at the mutiny that happened in Philly when Pederson sat Hurts at the end of a game that was completely meaningless.

15 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

I don't know what Pederson's reasoning was for pulling Hurts in that season finale. What I do know, is that we as Washington Football Team fans should only hope that Phiily's plan is to make Hurts their starting QB. I personally think the guy stinks and him being Philly's starter would be great news for us.   

Yeah I agree. Well I don't know if he stinks per se but his style of play is not conducive to long term winning. Hurts is basically another Tyrod Taylor type.

2 hours ago, fearlessNelms said:

We need to stop talking about this.

ENOUGH with the week 17 game.

13 hours ago, Mooka said:

If you find the mic'd up, you can actually hear Sweat and Chase tell Hurts they could've had us if they left him in the game. 

One thing that's very rarely mentioned in the "Philly intentionally threw the game" blather is that Philly never led. It's really hard to throw a game that you never led in by benching the QB.

Maybe Hurts scores again, but it's hardly like he was tearing up the scoreboard. Besides, I think we were playing it very conservatively. If we lost the lead who's to say we don't come right back and score again ourselves?

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

One thing that's very rarely mentioned in the "Philly intentionally threw the game" blather is that Philly never led. It's really hard to throw a game that you never led in by benching the QB.

Maybe Hurts scores again, but it's hardly like he was tearing up the scoreboard. Besides, I think we were playing it very conservatively. If we lost the lead who's to say we don't come right back and score again ourselves?

I don't think we could've scored a game winning drive if Philly took a lead. Alex Smith was really immobile that game. 

We were playing for a spot and Philly was only playing spoiler. Hurts is young and only had a few games under his belt. It didn't really make sense to bench him in a meaningless game even though they weren't moving the ball in the 2nd half. 

23 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, we won't have  a QB and we won't have enough talent before we hamstring ourselves with a ridiculously expensive DL. But we'll be able to look back and say "hey, remember that season we went 7-9 and lost a playoff game? That's the reason we're a powerhouse team now"

Give me  winning attitude any day over constant losing so we can hope to find our franchise QB.    I never said 7-9 was the goal either.  7-9 happened last year without a QB.  Give me a competent QB and I'll roll the dice with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

I don't think we could've scored a game winning drive if Philly took a lead. Alex Smith was really immobile that game. 

We were playing for a spot and Philly was only playing spoiler. Hurts is young and only had a few games under his belt. It didn't really make sense to bench him in a meaningless game even though they weren't moving the ball in the 2nd half. 

It certainly was tense. On the other hand, Alex did build the lead. I just think this notion that it's a foregone conclusion that we would have lost is laughable. We were never losing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mooka said:

We had Heiny warming up in the bullpen to close the game...

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Yep, that is what I can't understand about that narrative, Philly not only put up just 14 in 3q, 7 of those came with our help. Beyond the one legit TD drive which was due to Hurts legs, Hurts completed less than 20% of his passes and was getting about 2 yards or less every time he ran. When he was taken out, Hurts had just failed to take advantage of a gimme situation. Hurts longest pass was a 30 yarder, obviously Pederson was afraid to have Hurts throw deeper.  When Sudfeld came in, the Eagles did start throwing downfield.

2 hours ago, Mooka said:

And what had Hurts done that could even make that anything but a fantasy? Hurts had only one decent drive and outside of that could not run or throw an accurate ball to save his life.  He blew a gimme.

Pederdson's only chance was to win. He replaced Hurts who had shown he could not lead the team that night to a win with a guy who had not shown he couldn't.

33 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

And what had Hurts done that could even make that anything but a fantasy? Hurts had only one decent drive and outside of that could not run or throw an accurate ball to save his life.  He blew a gimme.

Pederdson's only chance was to win. He replaced Hurts who had shown he could not lead the team that night to a win with a guy who had not shown he couldn't.

In that game or in the last 3 games he played? You really believe that they wanted to see what they had in Nate Sudfeld? No way I'm going to believe that. Sudfeld is a bum. 

Do you remember all the Giants on social media going WTF when they benched Hurts? Or the Eagles on the sideline going ballistic? 

Not that we'll ever know for sure. But only a few WFT fans would ever think they benched Hurts because they wanted to win. 

1 hour ago, jamellm78 said:

Probably can take Winston off the list now

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Yep.

Also, probably one less place for Wilson; should Seahawks trade him.

Yeah, they may have a deal in play. There was at least a curve ball with a T Hill extension announced at like the same time but nothing for Winston. 

They are running out of time with him before others can talk with him. If a team really wanted him, it could still be possible