Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 6- Prediction Thread: Skins @ Giants - Battle for worst NFC East team

88Comrade2000

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

WFT 30

NYG 1

Yes you can have a 1 point safety in the NFL. It’s never happened before but this is the week!!!

How?

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We get off the L train this week

WFT 14

NYG 10

We are not good for sure, and might be really bad, but we are not NY Bad. 

13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

would you like that alphabetical or order of importance? :ols:

Covering TEs and the middle of the field, covering the deep ball, quick tempo offense

Inside runs, throwing downfield, consistency maintaining ground game 

interesting. I was thinking more along the lines of coaching, offensive coordinator, time management, substitutions and playing not to win the game. But you bring up some good points as well. I don't see how we overcome what I mention unless we have some players who play way above the back of their cards on Sunday. Definitely a possibility but I see this as a close ugly game that we learn little from and that leaves fans frustrated either way. 

Sadly, like so many of our games over the last 30 or so years. 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

interesting. I was thinking more along the lines of coaching, offensive coordinator, time management, substitutions and playing not to win the game. But you bring up some good points as well. I don't see how we overcome what I mention unless we have some players who play way above the back of their cards on Sunday. Definitely a possibility but I see this as a close ugly game that we learn little from and that leaves fans frustrated either way. 

Sadly, like so many of our games over the last 30 or so years. 

Screw all that quitter talk man. Yes we are not great. Our schedule has been brutal and this is the first legit garbage team we play. Every game has been against teams that will be in the playoffs, close to them and some making runs. 

Our coaching is a disaster. I've said why I think that is and was called classless. Whatever. We have no leader.

Turner needs time IMO, like a young QB.

The rest is crap, but whatever. our HC doesn't have time for feel good stuff in an eval year. I get it.

32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

How?

On an extra point kick attempt, the kicking team botching the kick and running the wrong way into their own end zone would result in a one point safety. 

You could also have a one point safety on an extra point if the kick is blocked and the defense picks up the ball in the field of play then runs backwards into their end zone and is tackled. That would be a one point safety for the kicking team. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not if you dont mind perpetually feeling stupid 👍

Right?

I used to be hopeful each year. That was the Gibbs era and early Shanahan. 

I expect them to be laughably bad. Surprisingly enjoy the games more when I do watch them. 

34 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Turner needs time IMO, like a young QB.

I have hopes for Turner, but I really hope that Ron and Norv sit down and talk to him about putting together a game plan. On the positive, his problem seems different from JDR's where too many guys (Collins) are trying to freestyle. Players seem to be trying to do Turners plays, but are just doing them incorrectly, slowly, or they're just badly designed. 

Norv was so good on offense. I really have hopes for Scott but this is hard to watch or listen to, especially in first halves of games or almost all of last week. 

Here's to defensive penalties extending drives as long as they don't knock the QB out again. Please Pray for Alex. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I have hopes for Turner, but I really hope that Ron and Norv sit down and talk to him about putting together a game plan. On the positive, his problem seems different from JDR's where too many guys (Collins) are trying to freestyle. Players seem to be trying to do Turners plays, but are just doing them incorrectly, slowly, or they're just badly designed. 

Norv was so good on offense. I really have hopes for Scott but this is hard to watch or listen to, especially in first halves of games or almost all of last week. 

Here's to defensive penalties extending drives as long as they don't knock the QB out again. Please Pray for Alex. 

If Turners brilliance is being stiffled by JDRs awesome consistency and we have the perfect combination of the best coaching of the last 40 years and the best pedigree of coaching of the last 40 years and it explodedes Washingtonly in the perfect most washingtonly way possible, I still love you buddy and we'll get through this failure too. It's only anouther 30 years historically.  

16 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Considering there are several bad teams; pure tanking isn’t happening. Even if we have a similar record to other teams; we probably still have the 5th to 7th pick in the draft.

The Team will have one of the easiest strength of schedules (SOS) at the end of the season simply because of the six games against the sorry NFC East.  If two teams have the same record, the team with the easiest SOS picks first.  This gives the Team an advantage.  The pick will be very high, probably top 3.  Folk, they's bad!!!  For real, for real!!!

This is the Jay Gruden "Code Red" game.  If Ron wants to make hay in the division, you have to win this game, and probably next week against Dallas.  

But you can't talk about a matchup with Dallas until you've win this game.

I think they pull this one out in a squeaker.

WFT: 20

Giants, aka the Cheating Mara's: 17

PS: John Mara can STILL go eff himself.  I'm not over the cap penalty abomination. 

Archived