Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

2 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

True, but the Giants to have been getting lucky, teams rolling over for them, winning with a backup, etc.  I worry they have the lucky season and back into the playoffs.  Giants have a solid defense, and it looks like defenses this year are keeping teams in games more this year. 

This is where getting swept hurts.  If the Vagiants make it, good for them.  Hopefully, they aren't as lucky in their next 3 as they were in Seattle.  Let's see what happens.  Here's also hoping that the WFT continue their winning ways as well.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If we had just beaten the Giants even once we'd be in cruise control. We'd be up 2 on them with 4 to play and have the tiebreaker(we'd be no worse than 4-2 in the division and they'd be best case 3-3).

If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

I love the origins of words and saying so I looked this one up and it is a variation of an old saying that Cowboys quarterback Don Meredith used on MNF in 1970, almost 50 years ago.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/47182/origin-of-the-idiom-if-ifs-and-buts-were-candy-and-nuts

17 December 1970, Ada (OK) Evening News, pg. 7, col. 1:

Howard Cosell: “If Los Angeles wins, it’s a big one, but San Francisco is still very much in it.”
Don Meredith: “If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I read somewhere a reporter who knows Kyle say nothing is more personal for Kyle than the matchups versus the WFT. 

Oh good lord, Kyle. How many “personal” games do you NEED against Washington?? You got all your anger/revenge out last year, quit being a piece of ****! 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh good lord, Kyle. How many “personal” games do you NEED against Washington?? You got all your anger/revenge out last year, quit being a piece of ****! 

Supposedly his grudge was directed at Bruce and Dan.  Bruce is gone so maybe with just Dan remaining he's gotten over it.  😀

Let’s help him get over it with a good curb stomping this weekend. Agreed @UK SKINS FAN 74 we should not be sleeping on anyone, especially Kyle. Same thing as this week. Put in the work, have a sound plan, come out and execute it. No reason we can’t get a W this week. If we can make them one dimensional, we should be good. Easier said than done. Let’s Go Washington!!  stay Dangerous.

Kyle Shannahan was a good OC while he was here. The Redskins minus the magical RGIII rookie campaign were a terrible team. I'm not really sure what argument can be made that they were done wrong. They were basically a sub six win team. Now, Bruce should have been shown the door with them and you could make the argument that Kyle could have been considered for the HC, but Mike getting canned was not the wrong decision. 

Kyle Shanny is a diva ****. Plus what's with him having Chris Simms' name tattooed on his foot? That's some weird ****, and not in a homophobic way, just in a purely that's some weird **** way. 

Plus you know with Trent and Jordan Reed they're going to act like this is a John Wick-level revenge game.

**** 'em. Blow up Trent and destroy Nick Mullens. Make Jordan regret even thinking about running a crossing route. And expose Kyle the Boy Wonder. Next time the teams play they'll suddenly be singing the "we're treating this game like any other week" tune real quick. Just takes one **** slap across the mouth.

Trent Williams has been a beast at times earlier in the season, but he has even admitted that the system he is running now is not as similar as he thought it would be and it is taking time for him to adjust to it.  That said, Trent Williams cant block the entire D-line, right?  

As far as the NFC East goes.  I am not as convinced that the Giants have turned a corner.  Outside of the Cowboys game, I don't expect them to win any games left on their schedule. Not saying they can't/won't, but I don't expect them to.   If WFT takes care of business they should be in good shape.  I think the NFC East could very well be won at 7-9. 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Trent Williams has been a beast at times earlier in the season, but he has even admitted that the system he is running now is not as similar as he thought it would be and it is taking time for him to adjust to it.  That said, Trent Williams cant block the entire D-line, right?  

As far as the NFC East goes.  I am not as convinced that the Giants have turned a corner.  Outside of the Cowboys game, I don't expect them to win any games left on their schedule. Not saying they can't/won't, but I don't expect them to.   If WFT takes care of business they should be in good shape.  I think the NFC East could very well be won at 7-9. 

Colt McCoy got the Giants to 17 last week and I doubt their defense will hold Arizona to 12 like they did Seattle. Never say never, but Colt McCoy stealing a game is different than Alex and the boys revving up the offense. I'd rather be us than them right now, will put it that way.

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Let’s help him get over it with a good curb stomping this weekend. Agreed @UK SKINS FAN 74 we should not be sleeping on anyone, especially Kyle. Same thing as this week. Put in the work, have a sound plan, come out and execute it. No reason we can’t get a W this week. If we can make them one dimensional, we should be good. Easier said than done. Let’s Go Washington!!  stay Dangerous.

Speaking of Shanny he had something in common with Jay which is neither coach dealt well with prosperity.  A big win was often followed by a loss. 

That's why I love it that Rivera gave them a power point presentation about humility today.  It seems like this team oddly has gotten a big head when its had limited success over the years.  I recall much of it and probably the funniest for me in retrospect was Smoot on camera going we are the beasts of the east after a big win with Zorn and then it turned the other way the next game. 

If Rivera can keep them lean and hungry, hats off to him because its something this team has struggled with over a long time. 

I recall one ex-Redskin telling a reporter (I forgot the game or season but it wasn't that long ago) that he expected them to lose (after they did) that week because they were coming off a win and a bye week and the team tends to feel itself very quickly after some success. 

47 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Be interesting to see if Trent blocks Chase alone.  I can't recall Trent that often ever needing help blocking anyone so that matchup should be interesting since I doubt Chase gets double teamed.  Plus we got Jordan Reed on the other side.

As for the Giants, their defense is playing well.  Daniel Jones hasn't been great but he's been decent.  Colt was "meh" last week in spite of the win so Jones coming back is big for them.  If i had to guess they go 2-2.  they beat Dallas and beat the Browns at home but lose to the Cards and Ravens on the road.   The Cards haven't played well lately after Murray's shoulder was banged up so I do think Arizona is beatable.    i suspect we need to go 3-1 to win the division. 

7 hours ago, slinky said:

I'd rather play Wentz in the last game, but I am glad that Hurts is getting the next start so the team can get some film on him if we do face him instead of Wentzlvania.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30477995/sources-philadelphia-eagles-start-jalen-hurts-qb-carson-wentz

Who knows, maybe they switch back to Wentz, or even Sudfeld, by the time we play them, lol.

Clark starting to believe.

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I read somewhere a reporter who knows Kyle say nothing is more personal for Kyle than the matchups versus the WFT. 

Kyle ain't the only one with a personal grudge to settle.

I suspect that Alex Smith looks forward to playing and defeating the 49ers (the team that drafted and essentially discarded him) more than any other team on the planet.

We shall see whose grievance the football gods support with a victory—  the son seeking vengeance for his father or the bitterly humiliated warrior seeking satisfaction on a matter of personal honor and integrity.

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well San Fran doesn't have a home field advantage.

When we play them in Arizona, both teams will have played the same amount of games in that stadium this year (one)

They'll still have a travel / time zone advantage.

Not that I think it will matter. 😉 #HTTFTFKATR

Archived