Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well San Fran doesn't have a home field advantage.

When we play them in Arizona, both teams will have played the same amount of games in that stadium this year (one)

Does anyone really have a home field advantage this year? Only advantage I see is time zone change advantage.

The way I look at it is we control our playoff fate. If we win out, we're getting in as the division winner or a wildcard. Obviously, if both we and the Giants win out, they win the division. But I'm pretty confident that if we don't lose another game, the Giants are going to lose at least one and we take the division. And if they don't lose another one and match us by winning out, we're going to be a wildcard at 9-7.

The teams ahead of us for the final wildcard spot- Arizona, Minnesota and Detroit (Head to Head Tiebreaker) have some tough games and are likely to lose at least 2 games each. We just have to keep winning- that's controlling your fate as far as I'm concerned. It's one game at a time and it starts Sunday with SF.  

AZ is coming off a 3 game losing streak.  They are just as much in a must win (if not more) than the Giants are.  I think Giants are smelling themselves a little... Beat a Seattle team that overlooked them, leading the division, have won 4 in a row, playing at home... I think Cardinals stomp the Giants.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:01 AM, SAli457180 said:

This is where getting swept hurts.  If the Vagiants make it, good for them.  Hopefully, they aren't as lucky in their next 3 as they were in Seattle.  Let's see what happens.  Here's also hoping that the WFT continue their winning ways as well.

It sure does, but I think if we take care of business the rest of the way, we will win the division. I just don't see NY beating the Browns with starters or back ups, and they will have their hands full today with the Cards, I won't be surprised if they lose today.

Just now, RedskinsLegacy said:

It sure does, but I think if we take care of business the rest of the way, we will win the division. I just don't see NY beating the Browns with starters or back ups, and they will have their hands full today with the Cards, I won't be surprised if they lose today.

Yeah, I agree.  The problem is, it's going to be tough for us to go 4-0, which is what it might take, because the Giants could absolutely go 3-1. 

Today's game I think is the worst matchup for the WFT.  If we get a Giants loss today with a WFT team win, I we're clearly in the driver's seat.  But that's a big if, because I think the odds might favor exactly the opposite result.  In which case the Giants are doubly in the driver's seat.  

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, I agree.  The problem is, it's going to be tough for us to go 4-0, which is what it might take, because the Giants could absolutely go 3-1. 

Today's game I think is the worst matchup for the WFT.  If we get a Giants loss today with a WFT team win, I we're clearly in the driver's seat.  But that's a big if, because I think the odds might favor exactly the opposite result.  In which case the Giants are doubly in the driver's seat.  

I feel the same way VoR, we need to get off to a good start today. I think if we do, we will win this game by double digits. If we don't, it's going down to the final seconds, I just don't see the 49ers handling us easy today.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

1st place!!!   All alone and in control of our destiny!!  Never saw this coming to be honest. Hats off to Ron, the coaches and especially the players!!  Well deserved!  Now don't **** it up!!!  

You should peruse the first 100 posts of this thread. Seemed as if Football Team imploded.

Just now, Redd said:

Why yes we are.

Washington Football Team.  First place in the NFC East.

What a nice and dangerous place to be. To represent the NFC East.

1 minute ago, Xplosive said:

You should peruse the first 100 posts of this thread. Seemed as if Football Team imploded.

What a nice and dangerous place to be. To represent the NFC East.

Did you see the stat that the last 3 weeks the NFC was the strongest? And we went 3-1 today. We got off to a rough start but the division is flexing some muscles down the stretch. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am going to enjoy this week, because if Alex can't come back, that might be the last win of the season.  But right now, this feels really good, and if Alex is healthy, I think they will make the playoffs.  Now everybody has to catch us.  

What a depressing thought tho...two seasons where Alex leaves us when we were on top of the division (I'll be honest, I don't rightly remember if we were on top when he broke his leg, I think we were 6-3 and up there tho).

Impressive defense.  Hope Alex can come back.  Calf strains are typically 3-4 week injuries though but hopefully it's not serious.  I don't trust Dwayne not to eff it up.  I can't see the Giants getting back in with the Browns and Ravens on the horizon.  If the Eagles can beat the Cards they'll be interesting and week 17 could be for the division depending on how we do against Seattle.  Maybe the Cowboys can play spoiler for us.  

Archived