Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

The Giants and Colt McCoy beating Seattle is a real upset in my mind. It does give me a little hope that we can beat Seattle. We'll see.

My guess is that we won't be more than 3 point underdogs at SF, home against Seattle, or home against Carolina. We should be favored against Philly. The Giants have much tougher games at the Browns and at the Ravens. Giants should also be underdogs at home against Arizona. The Giants should beat the Cowboys.

In the end, it's reasonable for us to finish with 6 or 7 wins. The Giants should also finish with 6 or 7 wins. If we want to go to the playoffs, we'll need at least 7 wins.

The Giants beating Seattle likely means WFT has to win a game they aren't expected to be it Pittsburgh, SF, or Seattle.  They won't be favored to win any of them, and they will also have to close out the season with back to back wins.  Just being honest, I am not thrilled with their chances to do this, but then again, I am not totally saying it is impossible.

13 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'm disgusted by fans who don't realize we need a QB and that drafting higher helps get one.

Perhaps the difference between the 3rd best QB in the draft and the 4th will be several Super Bowls. I have my doubts. 

We have to go 7-9 to win the division and that's assuming the Giants only win one more the rest of the way. I actually think the Giants could go 7-9. That D is legit and those games against the Cardinals and Ravens don't seem that daunting right now with how those teams are playing.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We have to go 7-9 to win the division and that's assuming the Giants only win one more the rest of the way. I actually think the Giants could go 7-9. That D is legit and those games against the Cardinals and Ravens don't seem that daunting right now with how those teams are playing.

We win out, we're 9-7, right?

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

i liked the idea of us having control of our own destiny. So much for that. Dammit, Seattle!

Yep. Had they won, we could’ve at least afforded to lose tomorrow night, cause then we’d still be tied at 4-8

now? We have to beat the Steelers to even still be tied at 5-7. That’s a mighty tall order 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. Had they won, we could’ve at least afforded to lose tomorrow night, cause then we’d still be tied at 4-8

now? We have to beat the Steelers to even still be tied at 5-7. That’s a mighty tall order 

It was a tall order for the Giants to beat the Seahawks and they did it. Why can't we?

If we really want to contend, we need to beat good teams and that unfortunately includes PITT tomorrow night.

Just now, Xplosive said:

It was a tall order for the Giants to beat the Seahawks and they did it. Why can't we?

If we really want to contend, we need to beat good teams and that unfortunately includes PITT tomorrow night.

That’s true. And things could be a lot different come this time next Sunday if this team can take care of business these two games. 

not out of it YET. But we really need to beat these winning teams if we want to have a chance. Control what we can control, let the chips fall where they may. 

I’ll say my feelings now are almost exactly similar to when we lost that MNF game against Dallas in 2015. I thought there’s no chance we win the division. we ended up doing just that. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s true. And things could be a lot different come this time next Sunday if this team can take care of business these two games. 

not out of it YET. But we really need to beat these winning teams if we want to have a chance. Control what we can control, let the chips fall where they may. 

I’ll say my feelings now are almost exactly similar to when we lost that MNF game against Dallas in 2015. I thought there’s no chance we win the division. we ended up doing just that. 

Tomorrow's game will be telling.

I mean why try to beat the Steelers if we're not in it to win the division?

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I'm disgusted by any Washington fans happy that the Giants won. 

ol Bacon throwing smoke.  I like it.

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

that would do a ton towards changing the culture of the team. That's undisputable.

winning changes the culture of a team more than any one player (imho)

26 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

The Giants lost every game from the start of the season until they beat us in the first one. They lost 2 more games after that until they beat us the second time. They haven't lost a game since.

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s amazing.....WOW.

So what you're saying is our team really fires up and motivates the Giants, even now that they don't play us anymore ?

Can we channel that same motivation back to our own team ?

Ya know, if we beat the Eagles, it would actually be a good year for us, in a way.

Usually, we suck against the division, but that would make us 4-2 in the division, sweeping both Dallas and Philly.

That's something to feel good about. Yea, we were victims of a sweep, but at least it's the team that likely wins the division.

As much as it sucks seeing the Vagaints winning today, if they get to the playoffs they will have have earned it.  The WFT put themselves in a bad situation by losing by getting swept.  All the WFT can do is take care of their own business and then let everything else play out.  

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Washington doesn't have to win tomorrow, but it means the "maybe they can win" games need to be won aka likely running the table.

Yep. That sounds right. The “maybe we can win” games, to me, are 49ers, Seattle (after how they looked against Philly and the giants), panthers. And the “should win” game is Philly. 

Archived