Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, the Jets have this on ice.  Their remaining games are Seattle who's going to be out for blood after losing to the Giants.  Then the Rams, Browns and the last game is against the Patriots who are coming around and might have playoff implications on the line in week 17.

Anyway, the silver lining here for the Giants winning the division, if they do...for me, is Alfred Morris.  Love that guy, love seeing him playing well, even if it's for a division rival.  And to a lesser extent, Colt, too.  Both professional, likable guys.  And really, I root for anyone who's survived this dumpster fire of a franchise and has gone on to play well somewhere else.

You have to feel bad for Alfred that he never got a real payday after we got an All Pro and 2 Pro Bowls out of his rookie deal

Just now, NoCalMike said:

IMO this win shifts the pressure back to the Giants because outside of the Cowboys, they won't be favored to win any of their remaining games. 

The funny thing is the Giants/Cards game helps us both ways. If Giants win a Cards loss helps our Wild Card chances.

We're 5-7 and are now +4 net points on the year. We have finally after 20+ years built a young roster that can compete. Draft a QB to sit behind Smith next year, and just continue to let Kyle and Ron do their thing because it's working. 

Giants better win the next 4 because if they don't, the division is ours. 

13 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

I must have missed your point since I thought you said it wasn't worth taking a QB after the 5th pick.  I wonder if players like Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, etc. would agree.

OK.  I didn't say that either.   Everyone knows that you can find players including QBs outside the top 5.  It was a discussion about how your odds decrease or some say not the further down you go in the draft.  that's all.  It's not a wild and crazy all or nothing point. 

18 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Higher draft picks don't improve the odds if your FO is incompetent. A talented FO improves your odds no matter where you pick. The only real thing that improves your odds is having more picks, not having higher picks.

Who is arguing that incompetent FO's thrive?  Why bother with the strawman stuff like that? Quote me where I say it doesn't matter who makes the pick.  You know from arguments in the Bruce thread what I feel about that.   Lets stick to the point.   You repeat again my argument that the more picks the better success.  That's correct.  That's why I made the point.  But the point that it doesn't matter where you pick in the draft, high low, its all the same is wildy wrong and i am surprised you keep sticking with it.  It's not true.  

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

Historic Success Chart

The numbers show us the following outline for finding consistent starters:

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)

6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)

7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

https://theriotreport.com/scout-camp-2018-about-the-author/

DRAFT.png

10 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

Vagiants road look more daunting especially after tonight's win.  3 out of their 4 opponents are in the playoff race.  This team's chances are looking better.  Here's hoping things break their way.

True, but the Giants to have been getting lucky, teams rolling over for them, winning with a backup, etc.  I worry they have the lucky season and back into the playoffs.  Giants have a solid defense, and it looks like defenses this year are keeping teams in games more this year. 

6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think we go 4-0, 3-1 at worst. This team is different with Alex Smith at the helm. 

At worst we go 2-2, at best we win all 4.

Really, the only game that is a tossup is Seattle. Also, winning the East might not be are only playoff option. 

With Arizona fading; that 7th wild card is up for grabs. The 2 6-6 teams: Minnesota and Arizona. The 4 5-7 teams: Washington, Detroit, Chicago and San Francisco.  Meaningful football.  

Archived