Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

Now I am going to be pissed if we don’t make the playoffs. 

Our schedule is pretty brutal coming up. Not a lot of wins in there (outside of our young guys playing out of their mind anyway)...so not making the playoffs wouldn't be too surprising.  At this point its all a toss-up in the east; even the Cowboys have a shot given their easier schedule.

Not tryin' to be a downer...just tempering expectation.  No reason to be pissed about not making the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Our schedule is pretty brutal coming up. Not a lot of wins in there (outside of our young guys playing out of their mind anyway)...so not making the playoffs wouldn't be too surprising.  At this point its all a toss-up in the east; even the Cowboys have a shot given their easier schedule.

Not tryin' to be a downer...just tempering expectation.  No reason to be pissed about not making the playoffs.

We play two teams with winning records the rest of the way. Sure, Steelers and Seahawks will be brutal, but the other three are a combined 11-20-1. If we can't at least get to 6 wins, we don't deserve to win this sorry division. 

17 minutes ago, Bacon said:

We play two teams with winning records the rest of the way. Sure, Steelers and Seahawks will be brutal, but the other three are a combined 11-20-1. If we can't at least get to 6 wins, we don't deserve to win this sorry division. 

Yes.  I'd also add that the Steelers are primed for a loss and they're beatable.  Seattle is also beatable and theirs two ways to beat them, a shootout or like the Rams, relentlessly pressure Wilson.  Just saying there's ways to win those games and stranger things have happened.

44 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I think a better way of putting it as we must finish with one more win then the gints.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I went through the schedules again and I think its gonna come down to us having to win in Philly in the finale and rooting for the Cowboys to beat the Giants.

That damn sweep.

I don't see another win for the Giants until that Dallas game, especially if Jones is dealing with a hammy. 

Still think the division is ours to win. 

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't see another win for the Giants until that Dallas game, especially if Jones is dealing with a hammy. 

Still think the division is ours to win. 

The Giants have been in just about every game they've played this year. I see them stealing one of the next four.

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

They've got to beat SF, Carolina, and sweep Philly. 

9ers are beatable but tough to figure out. They've beaten the Rams and are currently leading them again on the road and have a road win against the Pats. On the flip side, they lost to the Eagles at home.

Panthers offense is good but defense sucks. Also Bridgewater might have gotten hurt again. That's a coin flip game.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I agree...but getting to six wins might not be enough.  As Tater said:

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

I think a better way of putting it as we must finish with one more win then the gints.

The giants get a Freebie with the Cowboys.  If they sneak one game from the Ravens, Cardinals or Browns (I assume they'll lose to the Hawks) then we would have to win all three against the Niners, Panthers and Eagles to get to 7 wins.  So what are the odds the Giants don't sneak one from the Ravens, Cardinals or Browns and what are the odds we do sweep the Niners, Panthers and Eagles?  Right now I think its a toss up...though the injury to Jones, if he's out for any period of time, might actually put things slightly in our favor.  Was just trying to be realistic.

I also must admit I am dreading the last games of the year...the possibility of having to root for Dallas to beat the Giants so we can get in the playoffs chafes something awful.

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Yes.  I'd also add that the Steelers are primed for a loss and they're beatable.  Seattle is also beatable and theirs two ways to beat them, a shootout or like the Rams, relentlessly pressure Wilson.  Just saying there's ways to win those games and stranger things have happened.

Having been a Washington fan that lived in the steel city for many years...god I would love if we picked off the Steelers.  Fingers crossed (but not holding my breath)

3 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

100% get what you are saying and agree...just that in that case, I'd rather have the higher draft pick.

Frankly, it's crap that a losing team makes the playoffs and this will be the 3rd time in the last 11 years.  Before that, only time that happened I think was the 82 strike year that only had 9 games.

Frankly, the NFL should ban losing teams from the playoffs but they won't do that.  So, I think a team that wins the division with a losing record can still make the playoffs but they lose the home game.  If you can't win at least 8 games; you have no right to host to a playoff game. Their opponent would host the playoff game instead.

Educated Guesses

The WFT will lose to the Steelers and Hawks. We should win 2 out of the 3 games with 49ers, Panthers, and Eagles. Record of 6 -10

The Giants will lose to the Hawks and Ravens. They should lose to the Browns and Cardinals. They should beat the Cowboys at home. 5-11

The Cowboys will lose to the Ravens. They will beat the Bengals. They should lose 2 out of the 3 games against the 49ers, Eagles, and Giants.  5-11      

The Eagles will lose to the Hawks, Packers and Saints. They should lose 2 out of the 3 games with Browns, Cardinals, and WFT.  4-11-1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I used a Reddit thread to watch the NYG/CIN 4th qtr.  was obviously cheering for the Bangles.  

they got back in it in the end with a nice TD drive.... then botched it Curt Cousins-style on the last drive to get into FG range.

sucks to have hope again, but we gotta take care of our own business first.

1 hour ago, dswerdlw said:

Educated Guesses

The WFT will lose to the Steelers and Hawks. We should win 2 out of the 3 games with 49ers, Panthers, and Eagles. Record of 6 -10

The Giants will lose to the Hawks and Ravens. They should lose to the Browns and Cardinals. They should beat the Cowboys at home. 5-11

The Cowboys will lose to the Ravens. They will beat the Bengals. They should lose 2 out of the 3 games against the 49ers, Eagles, and Giants.  5-11      

The Eagles will lose to the Hawks, Packers and Saints. They should lose 2 out of the 3 games with Browns, Cardinals, and WFT.  4-11-1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

As ugly as those records look, here's hoping for just that for the WFT if not better.  Hopkins directly cost them 2 games which BLOWS.  We'll have to see how things play themselves out

Off the top of my head, an NFC East team has yet to beat a team that currently has a winning record. I have zero confidence in any of them to win games they aren't already favored to win, but the Giants will have to break that streak if they are going to make the playoffs. We don't have to. 

Archived