Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Per NFL.com the Ravens are playing on Thursday at home against the Cowboys. So the Ravens will get a day off between games. Might be tough but they will get 10 off after that though. 

? No. The game literally got moved to Monday the 7th. The league would never have a team play a game on Tuesday and then another game just two days later 😂 

says it literally right there. 

plus the circled part of the picture i took a screenshot of, from NFL.com

1C1C112C-1866-4995-9426-5A32CA9DB13E.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

? No. The game literally got moved to Monday the 7th. The league would never have a team play a game on Tuesday and then another game just two days later 😂 

says it literally right there. 

plus the circled part of the picture i took a screenshot of, from NFL.com

Do you want to send an email to NFL to update their scheduling page then? 😂

ravens.jpg

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

In the last 5 games, we've given up 1 point more than Pittsburgh.  Our O is improving as is our D.  If Smith had started from game 1, we're at 7-4.  5 of Pitts's wins were by 7 points or less.  We're not a bad team and Pittsburgh is not undefeatable.

I would argue, "We are a bad team, but Pittsburgh is not undefeatable."

I mean this team has been pretty darn awful most of the year. I still suspect that our o-line against a good defense will be in trouble. Our #1 pass defense gives up wide open receivers all game long... okay, all first half long. We are too susceptible to the big play, etc. Now, we have improved from "radioactive dumpster fire", but I don't think we're at "good team" yet.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Steelers D will shut down Alex.  Steelers maybe ripe for a loss but we aren't the team to give it to them.

You have no idea if that’s true.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Steelers shut down the WFT offense because they’re probably the best defense in the NFL. 

But I think we should let them play the game to see...

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You have no idea if that’s true.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Steelers shut down the WFT offense because they’re probably the best defense in the NFL. 

But I think we should let them play the game to see...

Seriously, Checkdown Alex is feasting on having Gibson, McKissic (when he's not slipping or getting tripped by a fellow TE), or Logan Thomas for the quick release.   It's not like Alex holds onto balls all day like a proctologist (Looking at you, Wentz!) looking for the big play to develop.  We'll be fine.

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Do you want to send an email to NFL to update their scheduling page then? 😂

ravens.jpg

That’s the original 2020 NFL season schedule, which hasn’t been updated, probably only because it hasn’t OFFICIALLY been changed yet, since the Tuesday night game still could be canceled. However, the article says IF the Steelers game is played on Tuesday (which it’s currently scheduled for), then the ravens cowboys game will OFFICIALLY be changed to Monday night, 

55 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Seriously, Checkdown Alex is feasting on having Gibson, McKissic (when he's not slipping or getting tripped by a fellow TE), or Logan Thomas for the quick release.   It's not like Alex holds onto balls all day like a proctologist (Looking at you, Wentz!) looking for the big play to develop.  We'll be fine.

There is no reason this offense cannot average 3 points each series.  It only has to get in FG range.  It doesn't need the big play.  Teams that need the big play get a flashy touchdown, but 3 FGs beats a flashy touchdown.  Mark Moseley says hi.  Hi, 1982 NFL MVP and Super Bowl winner!  Alex Smith will be the starting QB of the Washington Teamsters for as long as he's the best QB on the roster.  You've got a 2nd-tier QB (which is hardly a bad thing) with strong leadership and mentoring skills, one of the best WRs in the league (McLaurin), the most dynamic rookie non-QG (Gibson) whom everybody is watching, and so long as Logan Thomas doesn't make a bone-headed mistake, he could become an offensive force down the road -- he is a former QB, so he actually does have personal experience throwing downfield to wide receivers.  Again, if Smith starts day 1, this team is 7-4.

The gutsy move here:  make Sweat and McLaurin two-way players.  Sweat would be an unstoppable red zone force - him and Logan Thomas would basically be throwing alley-oops's.  Put McLaurin in the slot and let him jump whatever he wants.  There's no way he's not a natural cover corner.  His instincts are uncanny -- and he can tackle.  That tackle was in perfect form, AFTER running through another Cowboy and sprinting to make the tackle.  Yeah, make the other team remember, forever, the night they played The Team.

The way I see it, we are in the driver's seat for more reasons than just our current record. 

We have 5 games left, 3 of them against sub-.500 teams, and likely need 2 more wins to have a shot at the division. I think we win the last two because you just know Rivera and Turner are going to have our men ready to go at home against Carolina. They've been waiting for that game all season long. We all watched the first Eagles game and little has changed since except that our QB play has grown more reliable. 

I don't think we will beat SF, but if Philly could do it, so could we. The Steelers and Seahawks games are write-offs. I hope we keep them close. 

Meanwhile, the Eagles may not win another game. More likely they win one or possibly two. I look at their schedule and only see one remaining game that they may enter as the favorite (Dallas). 

The Giants' season is on the line against the Bengals this weekend. If they somehow lose that game, their hopes of winning the division will be on life support because they have four straight games after that where they will be overmatched. The season finale against Dallas is their last really good chance at a win. 

Dallas is completely toast with those OL injuries. Their schedule the rest of the way is a cakewalk, but I only see them as a favorite against Burrow-less Cincinnati the rest of the way. They are truly awful without Zack Martin and Cam Erving. 

Just go 2-3 the rest of the way and I think we've got this. 

The Steelers game with the Ravens has been moved to Tuesday.  The Ravens vs. Steelers games are always extremely physical.  Even if the Steelers win, they’re going to be on a quick turnaround. 

Seattle’s defense is atrocious.  Their offense is outstanding.  

This is an “Any Given Sunday” league.  I wouldn’t write off any game.  Play ‘em all.  We won’t be favorites.  But stranger things have happened.  

Hell, the Skins in 1990 were a good team and gave Jimmy Johnson’s Cowboys their only win of the season.  

Yeah, moving the Steelers/Ravens to Tuesday night creates a really short window for the Steelers playing us the following Sunday at 1:00.  They might be ripe for a letdown anyway coming off a battle against their top rival.  A short work week won't help them.

20 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Yeah, moving the Steelers/Ravens to Tuesday night creates a really short window for the Steelers playing us the following Sunday at 1:00.  They might be ripe for a letdown anyway coming off a battle against their top rival.  A short work week won't help them.

I would think our game gets moved to Monday or later Sunday. 

33 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I wouldn't doubt it.  But no word yet, and they already announced the Ravens' change.

Well that’s because the ravens were supposed to play Thursday night. If they were supppsed to originally play Sunday, i bet it doesn’t get moved to Monday. Didn’t the bills and titans both have to play the following Sunday after their Tuesday night game earlier this year? And they were still able to without it getting moved to Monday 

Actually no...the bills game did get moved to Monday but that’s cause their situation was the same as the ravens cowboys (can’t play two days after a game). The titans however did have a game 5 days later (against the Texans). 

Of all the teams in the division, Washington has the most favorable schedule and really has the inside shot at winning the East. Philly's schedule the next four weeks is brutal. Week 17 showdown against Philly could be for the division. I have Philly going into week 17 at 5-9-1 and Washington either 6-9 or 5-10. The key game is San Fran. That will be the difference between the two records.

1 hour ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Of all the teams in the division, Washington has the most favorable schedule and really has the inside shot at winning the East. Philly's schedule the next four weeks is brutal. Week 17 showdown against Philly could be for the division. I have Philly going into week 17 at 5-9-1 and Washington either 6-9 or 5-10. The key game is San Fran. That will be the difference between the two records.

Philly probably won’t win another game this year, they’re that bad.

Archived