Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

27 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ravens are reeling. They have so many players with covid, they may have delay the game with the Steelers.

How Will the team be, when they face the Giants?

Ravens are beatable.

That game is a month from now; I doubt their Covid outbreak impacts the game.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We aren't beating Pittsburgh.

Week 13- WAS @ PIT:  Steelers will spank us, maybe similar to how we spanked Dallas.

Week 14- WAS @ SF:  This one can go either way but is one many think we can win.

Week 15- SEA @ WAS :  We suck against Seattle. We aren't beating them, event though game is at home.

Week 16- CAR @ WAS : Another game that can go either way.  I think the Panthers rise up to beat their former head coach.

Week 17- WAS (L) @ PHI :  Skins are definitely winning at least 5 games this season because we will beat Philly.  They are horrible.

Skins will finish anywhere from 5-11 to 7-9.  If do finish 7-9; then we probably have won the division.  I'd still expect us to lose the playoff game against the 5th seed.  Currently, that's Seattle. Last week, it was Tampa.

The Steelers are ripe for a loss.  It’s almost impossible to go 16-0.  Dallas had them beat and blew it.

Any Given Sunday. :)

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Steelers are ripe for a loss.  It’s almost impossible to go 16-0.  Dallas had them beat and blew it.

Steelers are not blowing everyone out unlike the Pats in '07 and have been in close games.  It would take a lot and the WFT would have to play basically a perfect game.  Here's hoping though.

6 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I cannot remember the last time we beat the steelers... heck, even in preseason games.  My steeler friends always pwned us.

Beating them would be SWEET!

The last super bowl season, "91. We crushed them at the old three rivers stadium. Gary Clark had the sweetest one handed catch down the right sideline. Loved it!

Also that "91 super bowl season we beat the Bengals and that didn't happen again until last week.  

If the Steelers do play the Ravens, they would be riding an emotional high and will smash them if they end up playing Monday or Tuesday. If you follow Twitter, their players are pissed about the situation. We would be a bit of a letdown game for them. If they are on their game, I expect them to smash us. Too much talent on the offensive side of the ball and their D is too good.

36 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

I don't believe that this team will win another game unless it's against the Eagles.  

Steelers L
49ers L (close but still a L)

Seahawks L (Huge loss)

Panthers (L but close)

Eagles (W, maybe)

Steelers - L

49ers - W

Seahawks - L but close.

Panthers - W

Eagles - W

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

just not next Sunday...

Exactly - the Sunday after next Sunday, which is when we actually play them :)

Next Sunday we are off

I’m going out on a limb and say we finish 8-8. 

Pittsburgh will probably be a loss unless somehow Ben gets hurt during the game. 
49ers will be tough especially since we have to go out to Cali but Alex should be motivated against his former team. 
Seattle is good but their defense is awful. If we contain Wilson and If Fuller plays opposite Metcalf, we can take them. 
Carolina is not that good, better lately and as long as McCaffery is out we should win!

Eagles are toast and the game will be meaningless for them. 

For Thanksgiving I’m thankful for Coach Ron and Del Rio, our defensive line and TMac!  Geez it’s been so long since our last playoffs, we can lose 55-0 and I’ll still be happy if we get in. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Regular season, i have no idea when we last beat them. 

pre-season though, 2013. We beat them 24-13

You know what doesn't make sense ?

First, people will say Team A absolutely will not beat Team B, simply because Team B has won the last 5 or so.

But you also hear people say things like "Stop saying OSU quarterbacks can't be good in the NFL. The past has nothing to do with it !"

It's a contradiction of using the same principle to come to 2 different conclusions in different scenarios.

On one hand, the claim is that the past patterns will dictate the future. On the other hand, for THIS scenario, the past patterns of the past 50 years or so, are completely irrelevant

Which is it ?

28 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Steelers game moved to Tuesday, which means we get them on a super short week coming off a game against their rivals... 

this also means that now there’s no Thursday night football next week (ravens cowboys was supposed to be Thursday night, guessing that now gets moved to sometime Sunday, or we get an extra MNF game that week)

that’s now two weeks in a row with no Thursday night game...2020 for ya.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You know what doesn't make sense ?

First, people will say Team A absolutely will not beat Team B, simply because Team B has won the last 5 or so.

But you also hear people say things like "Stop saying OSU quarterbacks can't be good in the NFL. The past has nothing to do with it !"

It's a contradiction of using the same principle to come to 2 different conclusions in different scenarios.

On one hand, the claim is that the past patterns will dictate the future. On the other hand, for THIS scenario, the past patterns of the past 50 years or so, are completely irrelevant

Which is it ?

As important as the past is, it's never as important as how you VIEW your future.  This principle answers this question, as football is a team sport.

Take it one step further and the next major human impact is PREPARATION.  Quiet possible Team A has emotionally peaked, when Team B is peaking, though Team A has a far more successful recent history.  If PREPARATION is equal, the stage is set for an unexpected result.  

9 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I can see the Giants beating the Bengals and Cowboys but where will that 6th win come from?

The Browns is probably their best shot but who knows.

Seahawks

Cardinals

Browns

Ravens

Yes I was aware of the schedule.  The point being that they only have to go 2 out of 5.  WFT has to pick up 3 out of 5.  Basically they're a half game behind NY because of the sweep.

I doubt we beat the Steelers. I think the Seahawks is a little bit more doable since its at home(for whatever thats worth)and the Seahawk D is awful so we could maybe put up points on them.

The winnable games are the 49ers and Panthers. We win those, we have a shot at winning the NFC East in Philly in the finale.

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

this also means that now there’s no Thursday night football next week (ravens cowboys was supposed to be Thursday night, guessing that now gets moved to sometime Sunday, or we get an extra MNF game that week)

that’s now two weeks in a row with no Thursday night game...2020 for ya.

Per NFL.com the Ravens are playing on Thursday at home against the Cowboys. So the Ravens will get a day off between games. Might be tough but they will get 10 off after that though. 

Archived