Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

Smith is obviously not the same QB he was before the injury, and never will be, but we have to be honest and about today's game and acknowledge that the calf injury was effecting his ability to plant & push off his foot when throwing. There were 2-4 passes that are normally routine for him that he was so badly off on it had to have been injurt related.

I don't think the NYG win another game besides Dallas, and even that I sort of see as a tossup game.  WFT is in the driver's seat for the division.  Next week against Seattle is going to be a tough one, another well-coached NFC West team with a lot to play for, mobile veteran QB. 

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think it's 100% if Alex starts the next 3 games and 0% if he doesn't.

It would be nice if Terry got healthy, and maybe a couple other folks, but Alex is the key.

8-8 gets us in for sure and I think that’s doable even with Haskins although itll be painful to watch 

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Smith is obviously not the same QB he was before the injury, and never will be, but we have to be honest and about today's game and acknowledge that the calf injury was effecting his ability to plant & push off his foot when throwing. There were 2-4 passes that are normally routine for him that he was so badly off on it had to have been injurt related.

I don't think the NYG win another game besides Dallas, and even that I sort of see as a tossup game.  WFT is in the driver's seat for the division.  Next week against Seattle is going to be a tough one, another well-coached NFC West team with a lot to play for, mobile veteran QB. 

If Alex is good to go, this offense is going to be fine.  Today was a HUGE win especially with the Vagiants losing and their schedule.  Seattle will be tough but with this DL, I'm not as scared against Wilson.

9 hours ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

It sure does, but I think if we take care of business the rest of the way, we will win the division. I just don't see NY beating the Browns with starters or back ups, and they will have their hands full today with the Cards, I won't be surprised if they lose today.

And things fell right into place, We will wear that #1 position with pride!

32 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I agree, and for some reason Smith just can't get off to a fast start. I do believe he would of had us in the end zone in the 2nd half today, but regardless, we would have beat them by double digits if he didn't get hurt. Smith must stay healthy or this team won't beat anyone else on our schedule, no way in hell can we win under Haskins.

2 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

I agree, and for some reason Smith just can't get off to a fast start. I do believe he would of had us in the end zone in the 2nd half today, but regardless, we would have beat them by double digits if he didn't get hurt. Smith must stay healthy or this team won't beat anyone else on our schedule, no way in hell can we win under Haskins.

Every human can have a let-down game...  Even studly guys like Alex.  Now let's head home and recuperate for the visiting Hawks... (as West Coast teams notoriously play poorly on the East Coast). 

HTTR

5 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

SAli457180 If Alex is good to go, this offense is going to be fine.  Today was a HUGE win especially with the Vagiants losing and their schedule.  Seattle will be tough but with this DL, I'm not as scared against Wilson. 

RedskinsLegacy I Agree, we can run the table if Smith stays healthy.

3 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Every human can have a let-down game...  Even studly guys like Alex.  Now let's head home and recuperate for the visiting Hawks... (as West Coast teams notoriously play poorly on the East Coast). 

HTTR

Exactly, I am use to Smith's slow starts, but he makes up for them and more in the 2nd half. Right now, that's good enough to beat every team left on our schedule.

Here's something wild:

We could clinch the division before Week 17. It's very plausible: NYG loses to CLE and BAL, PHI loses to ARI, DAL to loses SF, and we can even go 1-1.

In that case, do you rest guys Week 17 to try and get healthy? I'd think about it. Rest Terry, Alex, Gibson, anybody else we'd need for Wild Card Weekend.  

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Here's something wild:

We could clinch the division before Week 17. It's very plausible: NYG loses to CLE and BAL, PHI loses to ARI, DAL to loses SF, and we can even go 1-1.

In that case, do you rest guys Week 17 to try and get healthy? I'd think about it. Rest Terry, Alex, Gibson, anybody else we'd need for Wild Card Weekend.  

YES!!! Rest our offense and defense, it won't matter one bit for the playoffs, it won't change anything.

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

In that case, do you rest guys Week 17 to try and get healthy?

Hahaha

The fact that this could happen is laughable. The current playoff system is so badly broken. You should never be able to walk into the final game of the season w/ 7 wins, and rest your guys knowing you get a home playoff game.

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Hahaha

The fact that this could happen is laughable. The current playoff system is so badly broken. You should never be able to walk into the final game of the season w/ 7 wins, and rest your guys knowing you get a home playoff game.

I have never in my life witnessed this, but he's absolutely right! This is very possible...

They better hope to hell that Alex Smith is back next week.  

He's far from perfect, but Haskins looked like a disaster out there today.  Granted, Steven Sims had a great pass from Haskins hit him right in the hands and couldn't bring it in, but still...

I think we're only in the drivers seat because Smith>Jones and the Eagles are too far back to have whatever spark Hurts provides to make up enough ground.

This all changes if Haskins is the starter next week.  I'd take Alex Smith at 50% over Haskins right now.  I'm not writing Haskins off for the future, but for now I don't want to see him anywhere close to the playing field.

Seattle makes me nervous next week but aside from that I like the rest of our schedule.  At least we control our own destiny.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They better hope to hell that Alex Smith is back next week.  

He's far from perfect, but Haskins looked like a disaster out there today.  Granted, Steven Sims had a great pass from Haskins hit him right in the hands and couldn't bring it in, but still...

I think we're only in the drivers seat because Smith>Jones and the Eagles are too far back to have whatever spark Hurts provides to make up enough ground.

This all changes if Haskins is the starter next week.  I'd take Alex Smith at 50% over Haskins right now.  I'm not writing Haskins off for the future, but for now I don't want to see him anywhere close to the playing field.

Seattle makes me nervous next week but aside from that I like the rest of our schedule.  At least we control our own destiny.

It's over if we lose Smith! I would rather see Logan Thomas behind center than Haskins.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

And the Giants beat them. Why can't we?

Archived