Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Defensive Line Thread

Burgundy Yoda

1 minute ago, D’Pablo said:

Pretty sure our schemes were equally as responsible for the lack of pressure. We were way too reliant on rushing 4 all game long. Our blitzes weren’t disguised at all either. We should have been shifting guys all around that d-line, but Del Rio is a dinosaur.

Yeah we're just really vanilla in our scheme up front. Not a lot of twists or stunts. Everyone kinda just...runs into their guy and that's it.

• Like 3

they scored on the first drive like we were runnin practice squad against their 1st team game plan.  

I hoped our def would dictate tempo and set an early tone.  They came out flat footed and uninspired.  

Our def hasn’t earned an accolade yet and they need to stop reading the paper.  

Heinicke is strictly an off schedule qb in my eyes right now.  I hope he proves me wrong.

5 hours ago, Capsman said:

You sure about that?  What exactly does he offer besides being a decent run stopper 

Allen got our first sack by tossing his 1 on 1 to the side like a rag doll. The loss makes everyone the worst player in the NFL though, I know. It was a tough loss and not the best day for our DL. 

• Like 2

How many times did the QB finish his drop and have to pat the ball or scan the field- giving our DL a chance to make plays? How many times did the QB finish his drop and have someone open to throw to?

Our DL was running stunts and using advanced pass moves while Herbert was in rhythm with someone open every drop back. He rarely had to scan the field or hold onto the ball in the pocket. 

This game was a combination of our DL getting cute and our coverage routinely having a weak link that's easy for the QB to attack. With better coverage, our DL would shine, but we are easily attacked with the quick passing going on 2 seasons now. Every team knows about our DL and is going to attack us this way all year. It's up to our team to adjust or else this will be the story of our season.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I know the defense got a lot of hype this offseason but remember during our run at the end of the last year, it feasted on back up QBs and battered teams.  Good QB’s like Brady last year and Herbert yesterday don’t have a problem against it.

39 minutes ago, mojo said:

I know the defense got a lot of hype this offseason but remember during our run at the end of the last year, it feasted on back up QBs and battered teams.  Good QB’s like Brady last year and Herbert yesterday don’t have a problem against it.

The Chargers' game plan was really effective: 3 step drops, get the ball out quick, and let your playmakers go to work.  I really hope Scott Turner was taking some notes because I was not very impressed with the his play calling yesterday.  

10 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

When it’s week 17 and you’re parsing out the numbers, just remember that even Aaron Donald gets 75% of his sacks when his team is up two touchdowns in the second half.

QFT.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Anyone hear any comments from Chase and/or the D-Line after the game or today?  Im curious what they have to say.  Are they making excuses or are they committed to fixing mistakes and earning their Paychecks.

They better be committed to putting it right, I can see them taking the bad performance yesterday out on the Mara the Cheats nfl team. 

9 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Is Tim Settle injured? I don’t remember seeing him play last Sunday?

I remember thinking the same thing, didn't remember his name being called. I saw a chart yesterday showing his grade for the game which was pretty low.  So I guess he was out there.

44 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I remember thinking the same thing, didn't remember his name being called. I saw a chart yesterday showing his grade for the game which was pretty low.  So I guess he was out there.

Played 12 snaps. How many of those defensive snaps? Not sure, but not many.