Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Wright - New Team President

Kurd Cudins

1....2....3....freakout!

Can we even give the guy a chance, even one day before piling on?

Why am I even asking?

All things considered, a new younger member of the team with business AND player experience? Let's see what happens

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Based on what I'm reading he seems to be community driven and I like the fact he played in the league.

Hopefully he can establish some good will so we can get a stadium and the team back in DC.

Yo, straight up, we did our part changing the name, is there any update on this?

23 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Quick interview but a good first impression.  He spoke about community engagement regarding the name, was careful to distinguish the business side and "the football side," and talked about the use of analytics but also being versatile in decision making - albeit in the context of dealing with the pandemic and  it's effect on the season.   Again the interview was short but I was left feeling pretty good about the decision.  Thanks for posting.  

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Yo, straight up, we did our part changing the name, is there any update on this?

I doubt much has happened since everyone involved has been fired but I'm guessing our new Prez will have some part in establishing a relationship with the community so we can get something done, I'm just guessing though.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I doubt much has happened since everyone involved has been fired but I'm guessing our new Prez will have some part in establishing a relationship with the community so we can get something done, I'm just guessing though.

More then fair, a lot of government folks said they'd meet us halfway here, but all fairness they've had some serious tailgate stuff thrown in their plate they gotta deal with first.

I agree this should help, and will go further in that when the dust settles we finally flip from "if" to "when" with a clock.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I'm sure Mike florio will find a way to write a negative article showing our lack of compliance with the rooney rule.

I really can't stand that man, I have no idea why I still go to p.f.t.

No worries Keshawn Johnson took care of that on ESPN today.

I don't understand the freak out going on in here? Why is anyone demanding they know ahead of time when someone in the organization is hired? Do you people work for the team and are just finding out today you have a new boss? No. You don't. Stop acting petulant. The man has been hired for a specific job. There are three high profile people in charge of this team now that were not here last year and you should be happy about it because none of their names are Bruce Allen, Larry Micheal or Fat Gruden. This hire also means Danny can keep to sailing his toy boat around the world while real men and women, people of substance who have actually had to work hard, take control of the situation.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Imo there’s a lot more to “our part” than just changing the name if they want a stadium in DC (or anywhere). Last time the team was on the field it was still a bottom of the barrel bad, mismanaged product with a dying fanbase in a poor economy, people are just waiting to jump down the throat of the next billionaire to come along and have the gall to try to get a taxpayer-funded stadium built for them. Not to mention the lack of goodwill Snyder has engendered. 

There are many more roadblocks than just the old name that were/are making a new stadium difficult. 

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Seems like a good dude.  Not sure why anyone would be upset about this.

Its kind of our thing. It's not MildWFT, is it?

Championship caliber on AND off the field? Do you mean to tell me we were not even winning off the field?! What. The. ****. Im devestated.

A lot of really positive buzz about this hire. I watched the GMA interview and thought he came across really well. He has a track record of changing organizational culture, bonafide business credentials and has experience in a senior position at one of the biggest consulting companies in the USA. What on earth has anybody got to complain about here? The dude seems immensely qualified for the job. 

I don't know the dude. I don't particularly want to know the dude. If a team president is a well-known figure, it's because he's done something incredibly wrong.

I'd ask Jason to carry on the dream, but the dream died a few seasons ago. Give us a new dream, Jason.

Nice to see us hire the young coveted up-and-comer for once rather than being the ones to let them go. Seems like a really qualified guy who most importantly is also all character. For once we hire from outside our pool of direct experience, getting someone on the rise that the rest of the league holds in high esteem and would actually hire for the same role? Nice change. 

Just watched that GMF excerpt.  Comes off to me very likeable and competent as a speaker.   Among the variables I didn't like about Bruce was that to me he came off smug and at times even patronizing in some of his interviews which to me help feed into the narrative that some had (especially Sheehan) that the Redskins brass was seen as both arrogant and incompetent.

Wright at least in that interview comes off in a totally different strata than what we were previously used to --namely Vinny and Bruce. 

I like it.  Wright.  Kyle Smith.  Rivera.  Dan just stay out of their way and I think he potentially put together a really good team as to the FO for perhaps the first time ever. 

Archived