Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Wright - New Team President

Kurd Cudins

What’s “huh?” about it? He’s the President on the business side. Not football operations. Most of us wouldn’t recognize any of those names unless they already worked here. 

To do the OP’s job for him while he picks his jaw up off the floor for some reason:

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

What’s “huh?” about it? He’s the President on the business side. Not football operations. Most of us wouldn’t recognize any of those names unless they already worked here. 

When did this happen? It seems weird that our team suddenly has a new president and there was no announcement. I'm also not thrilled that he's so young, but the leader of business operations is very important to the fabric of the team. A lot of people look towards the Lafemina firing as the final straw in the previous "regime".

3 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

When did this happen? It seems weird that our team suddenly has a new president and there was no announcement. I'm also not thrilled that he's so young, but the leader of business operations is very important to the fabric of the team. A lot of people look towards the Lafemina firing as the final straw in the previous "regime".

I’m sure they will announce it. It’s being reported and commented on all over because as usual Schefter scooped the locals. I’m sure there is a Zoom presser and social media introduction planned. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m sure they will announce it. It’s being reported and commented on all over because as usual Schefter scooped the locals. I’m sure there is a Zoom presser and social media introduction planned. 

You'd think they'd have the foresight to have the announcement before his round of interviews. At least I now know my hopes the team might change were a hilarious waste of time. #thedetails

1 minute ago, Kurd Cudins said:

You'd think they'd have the foresight to have the announcement before his round of interviews. At least I now know my hopes the team might change were a hilarious waste of time. #thedetails

It was announced at the same time as the interviews. Media blitz on a Monday morning.

Honestly there is so much going on the next two weeks in sports/politics that this is probably the best window.

3 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

What you think it going on here is not a big deal. Schefter broke it, it was reported and then there was interview coverage. It’s not a HC or GM hiring, nobody knows who most of the business FO guys in the league are and this isn’t a big deal to most fans to be honest. We on ES care because we’re down the rabbit hole with this team and this team in particular has had a lot of FO drama and shakeup. But by no means are we representative of most football fans. 

Dude has the dimples going for him that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm sure Mike florio will find a way to write a negative article showing our lack of compliance with the rooney rule.

I really can't stand that man, I have no idea why I still go to p.f.t.

I ask my self the same question.

48 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm sure Mike florio will find a way to write a negative article showing our lack of compliance with the rooney rule.

NFL.com says he is the first black Team President in history so I imagine we have complied with the Rooney rule in this case!

It doesn't look like he's a Snyder crony. Per Keim:

Recently, one former longtime Washington employee said the team needed to add more diverse voices but also needed to expand its net to search for talent. Too often, this person said, the organization relied on a small circle to choose high-level employees.

Wright's hiring shows a wider net was cast. He had been a partner in the operations practice of McKinsey & Company, a global strategy and management consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. Among other aspects, Wright focused on getting executive-level managers to help in environmental matters. He also co-piloted McKinsey's antiracism and inclusion strategy and helped create the Black Economic Forum.

I have no idea what to think of this hiring.  I thought they were not going to have a team President again, the coach was the main voice.  In a way this kind of feels like Shanahan/Allen when we were told Shanny had final say and then we learned otherwise. Now I don't expect Wright to be picking players but it does sound familiar.

As for his qualifications again I have no idea. While I'm really glad our team was the first to have an African American Team President a lot of these hires recently appear to be of the politically correct nature. 

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have no idea what to think of this hiring.  I thought they were not going to have a team President again, the coach was the main voice.  In a way this kind of feels like Shanahan/Allen when we were told Shanny had final say and then we learned otherwise. Now I don't expect Wright to be picking players but it does sound familiar.

As for his qualifications again I have no idea. While I'm really glad our team was the first to have an African American Team President a lot of these hires recently appear to be of the politically correct nature. 

He has no say-so in football operations, only business. That was never the case with Allen. Plus, Shanahan seemed to severely understate his role in how the roster shaped up after being fired, dodging a lot of responsibility with "Well, gee, I kinda sorta wanted this player that didn't work out--I really wanted this other player who has gone on to become an All-Pro--but it was really Bruce and Snyder who wanted the player who didn't work out and, well, I just said 'ok' and tried to make it work"-types of comments.

And there are a lot of links above detailing his bidniz experience so there's a start.

A boss of mine at a prior company was a McKinsey partner. Brilliant guy at putting together presentations, analyses and strategic direction but was terrible at execution with one of his pitfalls being his inability to get folks on board with his ideas...he’d ram them through. My worry here is that this seems to be Jason’s first role as an operator, which is very different from consulting.

I also hope this guy doesn’t weasel his way into being Snyder’s next butt buddy. Management consulting is a very politcal field internally and he appears to have played the game well so I would not rule it out.

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't know if a team will ever release an organizational hierarchy related to football stuff, press stuff, day-to-day operations stuff.  Does he and Julia have to ask Ron for anything?  Does Julia have to ask this guy for approval of anything?  Or vice versa?

Early indications are this guy is just business, that's it.  Nothing to do with players or coaches.

Y'all need to stop, if his job is to focus on business operations, let him do that, it's not like he's going to tell Rivera what picks to make, this is different.

If he's green, that's fine, let's give him a chance given this business is large enough to survive someone experimenting without it impacting the product in the field too much.

I've given this franchise a lot of crap lately, but you know what...

387086288_tenor(45).gif.eca4cc27d93e45019ea698a035521bd8.gif

They are trying in a way I've never seen before in my lifetime.  That doesn't mean it will work, but credit where credit is due.

Archived