Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Wright - New Team President

Kurd Cudins

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nah haven’t you heard? It’s “the Snyders” now on all decisions! Still laughing at that attempt to make him seem more personable and less of a lone megalomaniac. Whether it’s true or not this sudden media push to refer to ownership as “the Snyders” is funny. 

Yikes.

My sincere hope is the "The Snyders" are on their boat and are letting consultants call the shots while "The Snyders" stay out of day to day operations.  I'm not kidding when I say "The Snyders" should stick to sailing their boat and stay as far away from the team as possible. 

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Wright will have to figure out how to effectively communicate with The Danny.  Also he will have to increase ticket sales, etc. and produce business results for The Danny.I listened to his interview with Brian Mitchell on Team 980.   He has all the business buzz words down- vision, leadership, culture, etc.  This job will be a true challenge for him.  All of his academic work and his consulting work at McKinsey still cannot prepare him for the adversity he will face now.   He is in his thirties and he will have to find a way to have some outside people who work for other NFL Teams that he can call to get advice when he faces internal roadblocks.  He will also have to hire competent people who can do well.  We will learn what kind of a manager he is down the road.  He will need a lot of patience because the pay scale goes down for a lot of the staff he will be hiring.  He will not be managing bright people from McKinsey.  Both he and Julie Donaldson are taking huge career risks right now to join this team knowing the Danny's track record of dealing with his employees.  They have good skills so they will be ok if they have to leave.

It took me till my mid thirties that I had to get the balls to tell my bosses to politely **** off so I can do my job without constantly having to go to them for approval or deal with their egomania. 

I've done it my last two jobs and it has worked out great. I don't get micro managed and I am left to manage my team without oversight and constant pestering. 

I'm obviously not on the same level as an NFL Team president but it should translate. 

Goes a little something like this.

24 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I certainly don't envy a guy in this role when you can't get anybody out to the games. 

The two things that will solve that, really, are either not his responsibility or 10+ years away: winning and a new stadium that isn't a ****hole and in the middle of nowhere.

I think not having to worry about ticket sales in a year with a new everything is actually kind a of a weight off for the business side. Just worry about the restructure, revamping the hiring process and going through every department, every area of the workflow and make the business side yours. No real gameday distractions or expectations that have anything to do with you, given the separation from the football side. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think not having to worry about ticket sales in a year with a new everything is actually kind a of a weight off for the business side. Just worry about the restructure, revamping the hiring process and going through every department, every area of the workflow and make the business side yours. No real gameday distractions or expectations that have anything to do with you, given the separation from the football side. 

This year should be all about delivering content directly to the fans. Get their phone numbers, email address and stream it to them directly. Make it really convenient to get info on the team.

Next year, use that collected data to send ticket and new merch Ads directly to your fan base. Boom. Fish will never know what hit them.

The most successful Zombies set traps.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The two things that will solve that, really, are either not his responsibility or 10+ years away: winning and a new stadium that isn't a ****hole and in the middle of nowhere.

I mean, like literally cant get people out because they're not allowed to attend.  lol  Guy's probably gonna have a binder of ideas that he can't use right now.

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You debating the 2008 or 2018 draft? We are talking 2018 which didn't just have one hit and a couple guys on the roster.  As for Apple, presume you meant Apke, yep, I made the same point on this thread. 

Whoever posted this originally said the 2018 draft was awful.  I was contrasting it to the 2008 draft which was historically bad.  The 2018 draft has at least 1 player and a couple of maybes still on the team.  I dubbed the 2008 draft “The Draft We Do Not Speak Of.”

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My only comment to all of this is Dan needs to send Jason a pair of wireless earbuds stat.  

I troughs it was a mandate from God all management consultants had AirPods. You don’t look professional if you don’t have a funny white thing poking out of an ear....

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Whoever posted this originally said the 2018 draft was awful.  I was contrasting it to the 2008 draft which was historically bad.  The 2018 draft has at least 1 player and a couple of maybes still on the team.  I dubbed the 2008 draft “The Draft We Do Not Speak Of.”

OK got it.  But we got more on the roster from 2018 then what you mention so that threw me off.   That whole draft sans Guice are still on the team. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK got it.  But we got more on the roster from 2018 then what you mention so that threw me off.   That whole draft sans Guice are still on the team. 

Yeah, and I have some hope with better coaching and culture some of those guys can flash a bit more.  

The Draft We Do Not Speak Of is what awful looks like.  2018 is not that. 

On 8/18/2020 at 4:38 PM, Koolblue13 said:

I'm now telling my dogs (I live in a dog rescue) that I'm team president and in charge of opperations.

Haha, your Redwolves love makes even more sense now.

Worked about 8 years at an animal shelter myself. Even got to take care of a few wolves in that time. Got a couple in a pen and played tug of war with ‘em. They are… incredible at it to say the least.

Hopefully next year you will be changing that title to Leader of the Pack along w/ Jason.

Zombie already leads a Horde… but it does not sound quite as cool…

On 8/19/2020 at 4:53 PM, FootballZombie said:

Haha, your Redwolves love makes even more sense now.

Worked about 8 years at an animal shelter myself. Even got to take care of a few wolves in that time. Got a couple in a pen and played tug of war with ‘em. They are… incredible at it to say the least.

Hopefully next year you will be changing that title to Leader of the Pack along w/ Jason.

Zombie already leads a Horde… but it does not sound quite as cool…

Campbell? Lol yikes

My pack my family. 

I know I’m late to comment on this, but I do love this hire. Like Lafemina before him, it’s someone uber-qualified and he’s being put in a position that reflects his expertise without being overburdened with things that aren’t (focusing on business side of operations and not football). Added bonus is he was a football player so he’s not totally useless there, but it doesn’t need to be his focus and if his opinion is sought (aka warranted interference) he can offer it with some legitimacy. 

Now the question, as always, will be if he can fulfill said role without unwarranted interference, which has been notoriously difficult during Dan‘s tenure and as we recently witnessed with Lafemina. But that’s something that will only be answered with time. 

But, yeah, great hire. 👍

Archived