Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

Burgold

18 hours ago, ARParr_72 said:

When Snyder bought this team in ‘99, my dad said that they’d never win under his leadership.  I thought he was crazy.  Turns out he was right as rain.  If you’re not successful under a certain owner in 20 years, it’s not going to happen.  Show me one single case in the NFL where that has ever happened.

Art Rooney - Pittsburgh Steelers

:229:The Rook

read it please :) 

going forward, keep your posts in this thread solely on your football-fan (not your poly-sci fan) take on these new specific (albeit temp) choices of the team

keep all sociopolitical comments out of here

from now on anything straying off into such matters can net a week ban, so direct those who misstep to edit :) 

I posted this in the tailgate thread that's has been closed, but I thought I might put it here. I edited out my personal feelings on the change in case it runs afoul of the no socio-political rule.

I am an 40ish expat of the DMV. I am also a 3rd Gen fan trying to raise the 4th which is tough especially since we live in Cowboys country. The team and dear memories are my only tie to The DMV. A full on rebrand and I likely fade into the ether of time. I have no tie to the D.C. expansion team and after 20 years of Snyder misery, that is what a full rebrand will be. To me, color change equals full rebrand. With premise I can probably tolerate Redwolves in Burgundy and Gold especially with some of the recent mock-ups. I think Redwolves is the bare minimum that at least feels like it is the evolution of the same franchise. 

I orginally wanted something Hog related using some cool boar style imagery. I know I am in a very small minority there. However, now my number 1 is the current temp name or a tweek to it with Washington Football Club. I have seen some clean mock-ups online and as I have thought about it, it is unique and perfect for an old and unique franchise. This franchise has a proud and unique history in the NFL, regardless of the last 20 years. We can acknowledge that the mascot is a relic of its time and that we can do better. However, the soul of the franchise is not the name and mascot -  the soul is the feats, legends, and fans.

The Washington  Football team is a team of NFL titles and SBs, a team of Legends and HOFs, a team of the "best bloody fans in football" as JKC said. 

THE Washington Football Team, est. 1932: No Mascot Necessary 

Hail to Washington,

Hail Victory, 

Bruisers on the Gridiron,

Fight for Old DC.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:12 PM, Learned Hand said:

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

Like I said and now many others (including name change proponents), no name equals the Redskins. The vast majority will call them that until they have a new name. So I'm good with stopping here. If somehow COVID allows you to attend games, sing HTTR.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, ARParr_72 said:

When Snyder bought this team in ‘99, my dad said that they’d never win under his leadership.  I thought he was crazy.  Turns out he was right as rain.  If you’re not successful under a certain owner in 20 years, it’s not going to happen.  Show me one single case in the NFL where that has ever happened.

<mod edit political comments>

Your dad is a smart man

Ironically, we may be in good shape from a team standpoint to weather this storm.  There's a bunch of young DMV guys who grew up Redskins fans and heard stories from their folks about the glory days of '82 - '91, the team is young in general, and they genuinely seem to like each other.  Their performance, growth, banding together, etc., could really go a long way to stabilizing the franchise.  I think Haskins gets what opportunities the future holds for him and the team.

12 hours ago, nonniey said:

Like I said and now many others (including name change proponents), no name equals the Redskins. The vast majority will call them that until they have a new name. So I'm good with stopping here. If somehow COVID allows you to attend games, sing HTTR.

Without getting deep into the socio-political issues,  you are right. However, regardless some folks will always call the the Redskins especially older fans and the whole old gear debate will go in for a long time. To some -even Skins fans - anything less than a full rebrand with color changes equals Redskins and is the only acceptable thing. Snyder 20 years of misery has made it much easier for those with that argument because so many young fans don't have the good memories to anchor their love for the Burgundy and Gold. 

Some will absolutely not be satisfied until any vestige of this franchise pre-2020 is erased. They truly want it to look, feel, and smell like an expansion team. For these folks It's not just change, its punishment for even having the name in the first place. It's the folks that are more reasonable on the matter that could get on board with the Washington Football Team and keeping some traditions with some tweaks.

However, using it as an excuse to resist the retirement of the name and Native American imagery is not going to help the cause of keeping the soul of our old and beloved franchise, in my opinion. I really think no mascot/name is the way to go. We just need to embrace it while letting go of some things that I know are dear to many.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:09 PM, Darrell Green Fan said:

So you meat someone at a party, start talking football, and you are asked who your team is. Do you respond with "The Washington Football Club" and say it proudly?  Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.  Probably met with a smirk or a chuckle.  

I am frankly shocked that so many are actually OK with this.  Really surprising but if you are OK with it who am I to say you are wrong?

Yep, I'd absolutely be okay with it. It would be just like how Premier League is. "Who is your team?" - "Liverpool, of course."

Team would either be Washington or just DC in casual conversation. Fight song can be largely unchanged. Team retains a lot of continuity and is unique among the NFL teams. Also, added benefit with us being one of the oldest teams, we get to brand ourselves truthfully as one of the most mature NFL franchises. And Lord, after the last 25 years, we need some adults in the room.

42 minutes ago, ARParr_72 said:

And...  How does one change the avatar image used for one’s profile?  Can’t seem to find a way to edit it.  Thanks in advance.

image.jpeg.21e151f406730d7db361dc88066bbeca.jpeg

Click on your name in the top right hand corner of this page. Then click on " profile ". Then click on your avatar in the top left corner.

1 hour ago, ARParr_72 said:

The last time I posted these I got a notice of multiple violations letter.  Let’s see what happens this time...

Last tie I told you to Start here: https://es.redskins.com/announcement/11-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

Let's see what happens this time..... :) 

4. Please post your message in the appropriate forum.
Familiarize yourself with each forum description. Please be considerate and respectful to our visitors who frequent particular forums to gain knowledge on particular topics. Resist the temptation to post irrelevant topics in an inappropriate forum to achieve a wider audience. Moderators may move your post if it's more relevant to another forum or administer a penalty.

Feedback and Tech Support 2.0

An outlet for members inclined to offer feedback and suggestions regarding the facilities. As well as ask for assistance with any technical issues.

On 7/25/2020 at 7:37 AM, Burgold said:

Yeah, I suggested Code Talkers in a different thread. While I think it would be pretty cool personally I don't think it would fly. For one thing, it needs an explanation (which might actually be a good thing as it would involve teaching Native American contributions),  but after that you would fall into fifty percent of all the old complaints.

Yup. A simple, clean break would be best. Doesn't mean that the organization can't educate about the Code Talkers, especially if Snyder claims to have legitimate compassion for indigenous people (I suspect, however, that so much of what he did on behalf of indigenous people was performative more than sincere) and the US military.

Archived