Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

With the amount of typos / autocorrects that you make on a regular basis, I’m not sure you should be casting stones. :ols:

Woaaaa whoa whoa...I'm the grammar police..haven't you seen my numerous reminder posts for folks to proof read before posting?

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

Absolutely 100%, not a doubt in my mind.... 

that The Washington Football Team is a far better name then whatever dumb Warriors or Redwolves this franchise will come up with.

Why are those names dumb to you?..I'm just curious..and I believe I am allowed to ask..not trying to be a smart ass or anything else..

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There was a funny post at that link.

Someone asked with these new uniforms, are we Alabama football now.

Someone replied "Yeah, minus the victories". :806:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
20 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I was done with the NFL myself pending what the Redskins did.  I'd have accepted Warriors or Braves with the same colors but this is even better, as no name = Redskins.

I'll root for the same team I've rooted for for 42 years till I'm dead or the nfl doesn't exist..

Edited by bakedtater1
3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Woaaaa whoa whoa...I'm the grammar police..haven't you seen my numerous reminder posts for folks to proof read before posting?

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

I'll root for the same team I've rooted for for 42 years till Im dead or the nfl dosent exist..

You don't say? :ols:

The defense rests, your honor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I find it funny how the team is under investigation for not complying with the Rooney rule after they hired a woman and a minority head coach. 

Talk about being under a microscope. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Why are those names dumb to you?..I'm just curious..and I believe I am allowed to ask..not trying to be a smart ass or anything else..

Already discussed this in the tailgate thread maybe? One of them.  (the main problem is that 2020 is a very bad time to rename your team in Washington DC because many government-type names would be extremely unpopular like Senators/Presidents/Congress/Monuments/Etc)

Warriors is the most generic name in team sports. We're not even going to be a NA Warrior. (apparently) Obviously there's already the GS Warriors.  

Redwolves I like better then Warriors. That's about it. Its just Red-(Insert Predatory Animal)  

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I find it funny how the team is under investigation for not complying with the Rooney rule after they hired a woman and a minority head coach. 

They are being investigated under the Rooney rule????

Just now, Mooka said:

Already discussed this in the tailgate thread maybe? One of them.  (the main problem is that 2020 is a very bad time to rename your team in Washington DC because many government-type names would be extremely unpopular like Senators/Presidents/Congress/Monuments/Etc)

Warriors is the most generic name in team sports. We're not even going to be a NA Warrior. (apparently) Obviously there's already the GS Warriors.  

Redwolves I like better then Warriors. That's about it. Its just Red-(Insert Predatory Animal)  

Wellll them purrrrdy letters in bakedtater1 aren't gold for nothing..I'm grounded from the tailgate.

8 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Thank you..I was thinking the same thing..probably even mentioned it....how is the team under investigation for not complying..women hired and the coach 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Yep and for the way they hired part of the new staff responsible for the name change...absolutely ridiculous 

If Washington starts playing much better (and I think they will).  Nobody is jumping ship.  And like B. Mitch said, the fans they lose with the name change, will be replaced by people who welcome the name change.  But we’ll see.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Yeah, for the hiring process of Terry Bateman I guess. He probably was hired due to being Dan's buddy so it's justified. Still, we're the only team that's done this? Only reason this is happening is because there's a giant microscope on the team right now. It just shows how out of touch Dan really is, not following the rules when he knows damn well the whole league has an eye on him. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

This decision allows the team to focus on planning..getting ready for a season..allowing a coach to coach em up...good choice I like it..week1 philly gonna get torn up by the Washington Football Team!!

IMO fan input is meaningless.  There will never be consensus among fans.  NBC Sports Washington is heavily pushing redwolves….media slant can and will give certain names the appearance of an edge among fans, but I believe that to be illusory. 

Probably the bigger issue is, once they have a name, clearing the trademark path etc.

54 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Yeah, for the hiring process of Terry Bateman I guess. He probably was hired due to being Dan's buddy so it's justified. Still, we're the only team that's done this? Only reason this is happening is because there's a giant microscope on the team right now. It just shows how out of touch Dan really is, not following the rules when he knows damn well the whole league has an eye on him. 

Reports are that Washington Team Football will likely have an aggressive defense of those charges.

The WTF lawyers are expected to claim that Dan interviewed vDoug Williams via Facetime from his yacht in international waters while he was getting a pedicure and polish from a Redskinette.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

There never was any intentions to change the name maybe Redskins fans and other people didn't like it and thought it was racist and felt that the name should be changed and still was their favorite team which confuses me how they could root for the Redskins each Sunday but hate the name and claim it's racist and I don't get it.. I hate the Snyder.. and everything he has done to the Washington football team but I think he's handling this professionally

We talked about you drinking and posting. The two do not mix.....

For the record, it's possible to still root for the players to win and be successful - and not like the name, owner, GM, HC, etc. We have a lot of practice for most of those, especially owner and GM. 

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

We talked about you drinking and posting. The two do not mix.....

For the record, it's possible to still root for the players to win and be successful - and not like the name, owner, GM, HC, etc. We have a lot of practice for most of those, especially owner and GM. 

Who's drinking?...I'm not