Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team


Recommended Posts

On 9/16/2020 at 3:51 PM, -JB- said:

Shouldn’t even have Football Team.  I said this last year just use Washington & remain nameless.

 

When I said the same thing to my friends, they looked at me crazy. Couldn't get their heads around "how that would work". I love it. It's not even nameless per se. Just, Washington. And it maintains lineage to the old team without injecting something new like a redwolf or some other mascot. Just drop the derogatory part.

 

 

Edited by Stadium-Armory
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

 

When I said the same thing to my friends, they looked at me crazy. Couldn't get their heads around "how that would work". I love it. It's not even nameless per se. Just, Washington. And it maintains lineage to the old team without injecting something new like a redwolf or some other mascot. Just drop the derogatory part.

 

 

 

Fight Club Edward Norton GIF - FightClub EdwardNorton TheNarrator -  Discover & Share GIFs

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 12:02 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wouldn't you rather have a name like "Football Team" rather than a name that has about zero correlation to football...like Cardinals ?

 

IMO they should have just named the team the "Washington Football Team formerly known as the Redskins" and left it like that with the current uniforms. Then all those assholes would have to say that all the time.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 5:51 PM, -JB- said:

Shouldn’t even have Football Team.  I said this last year just use Washington & remain nameless.

My only problem with this is Washington (DC) didn't actually wan the Washington Football Team to play IN Washington, which is how we ended up with a stadium in "RalJon." And they aren't exactly receptive now. 

 

So giving the district the honor of naming the team after the city ... I don't know, maybe it's petty on my part, but I just can't get over it.

 

I think we should re-brand and be the Mid-Atlantic something or Others. 

 

Shrug.  Whatever.  I am going to wear my black polo tomorrow which says "Washington."  I do kinda like the look.  But I get irritated every time I think about the team playing in Maryland.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My only problem with this is Washington (DC) didn't actually wan the Washington Football Team to play IN Washington, which is how we ended up with a stadium in "RalJon." And they aren't exactly receptive now. 

 

So giving the district the honor of naming the team after the city ... I don't know, maybe it's petty on my part, but I just can't get over it.

 

I think we should re-brand and be the Mid-Atlantic something or Others. 

 

Shrug.  Whatever.  I am going to wear my black polo tomorrow which says "Washington."  I do kinda like the look.  But I get irritated every time I think about the team playing in Maryland.  

I think now that name has changed there’s a much better chance to build new stadium at RFK site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

DC doesn’t want it.  The chance is greater but they don’t have the votes on the city counsel. 

 

Add to that no one wants to deal with Snyder. Can you imagine the blowback from giving Snyder any kind of land deal? Especially after all the charges and scandals the last couple of months? Hell no, he's radioactive right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

Add to that no one wants to deal with Snyder. Can you imagine the blowback from giving Snyder any kind of land deal? Especially after all the charges and scandals the last couple of months? Hell no, he's radioactive right now.

Yeah but they didn’t want it in 1992 either with Cooke, Gibbs and 3SBs.  
 

Yes, I’m bitter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah but they didn’t want it in 1992 either with Cooke, Gibbs and 3SBs.  
 

Yes, I’m bitter.

 

Sharon Pratt Dixon was also dumber than bag of hammers.

 

It also makes Snyder so much less desirable

 

Edited by Riggo#44
Link to post
Share on other sites

From Jason Wright's Weekly Brief:

Quote

Business Question Of The Week

What are the top choices for a new name?

Without exception, the number one topic that fans, staff, partners, etc. want to know is -- "What's the name going to be?" -- except y'all aren't afraid to ask it with some… let's call it passion 😊. Here's the (honest) answer: "Bruh/sis, cut me some slack, we need some time to do this right! We can't ** this up!" Before I joined, the organization announced that we will call ourselves the Washington Football Team until a permanent name is chosen. It was a herculean effort by our Marketing team to get the Washington Football Team brand in place for this season! As a result, the level of activity around the new identity is now really starting to accelerate. It's something we work at every day, with a dedicated team of people focused on driving that project forward. This process has five phases:

  1. Transformation: Our "Transformation" phase was one in which we introduced the current name -- Washington Football Team. Our goal was to be ready for the season opener against the Eagles on Sep. 13. Everything had to be updated.
  2. Discovery: This phase will continue throughout the entirety of the 2020 season and will serve as an opportunity for us to gather input from everyone – fans, partners, staff, alumni, community leaders, etc… Inclusion is a key part of our journey, and we think it's critical that we listen to everyone before making a decision.
  3. Insight: Once we've completed the "Discovery" phase, we'll enter a rigorous data-driven process to help us chart a smart path forward. It's in this phase that we anticipate narrowing down our choices to a single direction.
  4. Creation: This is the fun part! Our internal creative team, in partnership with the NFL and our partners at Nike, will begin to bring this new brand to life visually.
  5. Execution: Once the name is chosen, and the design and identity work are complete, we'll introduce the new brand and start to update all of our touchpoints with fans.

As I mentioned, after completing the "Transformation" phase, we are now moving to the next step in our journey -- "Discovery." This process will not work without your input, and this is the time for you to give us your thoughts, ideas, and point of view on what this brand should stand for and represent as we go forward. If you have not done so already, we welcome your ideas… Visit WashingtonJourney.com and tell us what you think. We've received almost 9,000 submissions to date and the ideas continue to roll in! Here are some of the more "unique" submissions we've gotten from fans so far.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My original and first suggestion right after it was announced that "Redskins" was being retired was that they shouldn't have a new name and just be Washington (or Washington Football). It was partly to force people to say "Redskins" in their minds when watching or reporting on us lol...but it was also because none of the possible name suggestions were clicking and I'd rather not have a name than have a bad one.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

My original and first suggestion right after it was announced that "Redskins" was being retired was that they shouldn't have a new name and just be Washington (or Washington Football). It was partly to force people to say "Redskins" in their minds when watching or reporting on us lol...but it was also because none of the possible name suggestions were clicking and I'd rather not have a name than have a bad one.

 

WFT is a bad one. It's terrible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

But 'Football team" isn't really a name, even though it's more or less being treated like one. Its more a description.

 

You're right, it's not really a name. It's a really BAD name, description, what have you. Release the new name around draft time--especially if we are in a position to draft Lawrence, Fields...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

You're right, it's not really a name. It's a really BAD name, description, what have you. Release the new name around draft time--especially if we are in a position to draft Lawrence, Fields...

 

 

Um, if it's not really a name it can't be a really BAD name lol...and no matter how bad you may feel it is, something like Redwolves or Redtails would be a billion times worse and far more permanent. Most places say "Washington" in the standings if only team names are used, and damn near nobody refers to them as the "Football Team"...they are called "Washington" on air with the occasional slip up of calling them the "redskins", which was my original desire of not having a name lol...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...