Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

Burgold

I got an email from the team, as I'm sure many of you did saying that for the upcoming season they will call themselves, The Washington Football Team.

I think it's a smart move. It gives them time to get fan input, make sure all the legal stuff is in order, and not rush any design or logo that they might regret for years. While it might be nice to have a name to rally around, as the fight song said, "We fight for ole DC!" Having the team simply be "Washington" for now is okay with me.

I'm not ok.  I feel like based on the responses I see on Twitter, most are. 

I think I'm done. I will likely change my mind, but not sure I will.  This whole thing has been a debacle and having to root for an organization that can't even figure out a name is the tiniest straw that breaks the camel's back for me. 

It's been real. 

Hail. 

6 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I think I'm done. I will likely change my mind, but not sure I will.  This whole thing has been a debacle and having to root for an organization that can't even figure out a name is the tiniest straw that breaks the camel's back for me. 

It's been real. 

Hail. 

You will be ok. You will “come back” and you will continue to complain. Its what we all do. As for the name, everyone says these take 2 years usually (to change a name). The Skins started a month ago. Hope that explains.

(Washington football team LETS gooooo)

but seriously let’s take our time and do this right with the jerseys the name it’s a complete rebrand of a 2 billion dollar company it’s not supposed to happen in a couple weeks Things like this take time

11 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

It's been real. 

Hail. 

I hear you and I respect it. We've been through a ton of mostly heart ache over the last thirty years. If any of us have reached the stage of "enough" I can't say anything but you've put up the good fight. As for the name, if we are going to lose the Redskins then I'm okay with using a placeholder this year and doing everything to make sure the new identity is one that we can all rally behind.

2 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

but seriously let’s take our time and do this right with the jerseys the name it’s a complete rebrand of a 2 billion dollar company it’s not supposed to happen in a couple weeks Things like this take time

That's where I'm at.

14 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

It's been real. 

Hail. 

I'd bet the NFL and a cohort of guys are advising him to take his time here. You absolutely don't want to come out with a stupid name that could sink the team.

So I'd rather wait a tad more and it right, than go plain wrong... Red Wolves seems to be the early favorite, but you can still take your time and make sure you picked the right one. There's no hurry here.

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Hail to the blah blah, hail victory, blah on the blah path, fight for old DC!

No worries the brain trust that brought you Washington Team Football or WTF has already approved and certified the following minor changes to our beloved fight song:

Hail to Team Football

Hail vic-to-ry

Generic ball players on the warpath

Fight for old pc!

#HTTWTF

13 minutes ago, dyst said:

You will be ok. You will “come back” and you will continue to complain. Its what we all do. As for the name, everyone says these take 2 years usually (to change a name). The Skins started a month ago. Hope that explains.

True dat!

Being a Redsk... er uhm Washington Team Football fan requires surrendering to Groundhog Day as a metaphor for life.

”I got you babe...”

I actually like it.

Like the New York Giants Football Team (can't believe I'm saying this), it expresses a more retro/throwback feel, especially the helmet numbers, which is appropriate given the organization's age and influence. Also speaks to a measure of defiance: if we can't have our old name, then no name will suffice. 

I would have preferred WFC -Washington Foootball Club, Rather than WFT.  

But I’m really glad they didn’t rush it.  They really need to take their time, do market surveys, talk to fans, get the trademarks, etc. that all just takes time. 

There is no rush.  Going with WTC is fine.  They will be called “Washington.”

And I’m looking at their Instagram post, and honestly, the look doesn’t bother me in the slightest.  

Not entirely sure why they didn’t have a plan in place... you know... just in case... to avoid this.

But here we are. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t very indifferent right now. And the most indifferent I’ve ever been to this team and football season.

Its not the name, either. If that offends the Native Americans, then I’m fine with changing. It’s the investigation into the team for not following the Rooney Rule. It’s the way this franchise has treated women... it’s the whole thing. It’s hard to be invested when this is the half ass attempt the team makes to change its identity.

For me, this is Washington Team Football.

But I’m sure I’ll get caught up in the whirlwind again at some point. 

#HTTWTF

35 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

This reply is not directed at you, but instead at the ownership of the team...

"Take our time and do this right" is yet ANOTHER excuse for yet ANOTHER huge misstep by Daniel Snyder. This stage of the name change game is what he's stuck with because he didn't do this when it was right to do it and now he won't pay up for one of the names he wants because he let someone get the trademarks ahead of him. He's a LOSER. He's not wealthy enough to own a football team. He screwed over the guys who initially wanted to buy the team from the Cookes and he's been screwing over the fans ever since. My God, what a silly, silly excuse for a sports franchise this has become.

Now he's forced into moving forward with ZERO IDENTITY, leaving his fans with NOTHING to represent themselves. We are a laughing stock. Every year this front office gets lower and lower, dragging the fanbase down with it into ridicule and guess what... this probably isn't even rock bottom because every time we think we're there, Dumbiel Snyder brings in a big shovel and keeps on digging. Srsly F that guy. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Not entirely sure why they didn’t have a plan in place... you know... just in case... to avoid this.

Being serious, the lack of a contingency plan for the name speaks volumes about how bad Bruce Allen and Daniel Snyder have been. 

A well run business tries to have a plan for every possible outcome. 

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Being serious, the lack of a contingency plan for the name speaks volumes about how bad Bruce Allen and Daniel Snyder have been. 

A well run business tries to have a plan for every possible outcome. 

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Exactly.  I'm frustrated enough that it's changing, but anyone with half a brain KNEW it was eventually going to change.  And to be this unprepared without a contingency plan... Is EXACTLY what we'd expect a Snyder-led organization to do.  So trying to convince myself to still support it.... I just.... I don't know. 

This is beyond lame. Not so much the idea of being cautious and diligently researching what will and won’t work - that makes sense. But it’s the fact that this franchise was caught flat-footed when this has been coming for years. WTF Dumbass Dan Snyder?  W? T? F?

We are going through this because Snyder didnt have a plan.

He doesnt get a pass for "not rushing it" when he had 20+ years already for this very moment.

I'll be ready week 1...let's not let the franchise get off too easy while trying to make the most out any season we get here.  We as fans should be able to chew gum and walk same time even if Snyder cant.

Anyone wanting to go should be given a few pass, dont throw a tantrum on the way out, please.  You can be right, but wrong if you go about it the wrong way.

20 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Exactly.  I'm frustrated enough that it's changing, but anyone with half a brain KNEW it was eventually going to change.  And to be this unprepared without a contingency plan... Is EXACTLY what we'd expect a Snyder-led organization to do.  So trying to convince myself to still support it.... I just.... I don't know. 

Who says this wasn't done on purpose? Mike Florio is already complaining over the horror that this will allow Redskins fans to continue to call the team Redskins (and wear their gear and sing their song).  I'd be ok if Dan stops here and doesn't find another name. 

Archived