Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

Hail to the Football Team

Hail Victory

Football players on a Football Field

Fight for old DC

I stole it from Twitter, laughed my ass off when I first read it.  The third line is a lot of fun.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

No. It’s not. 

Was the team name scrutinization new as of 2 months ago? Or has it been happening for decades?

As a professional organization, contingency plans should be a step taken. This didn’t come out of no where. This was a long time in the making. 

Who ever said we were a competent organization? Allen had a power point presentation about the name--that was their contingency plan. I would love to see that--I bet it's hilarious.

I dunno--the temporary name is lame. They should have had a plan in place--lets be honest, they should have done a lot of things--but the best thing to do is proceed with some kind of care, hopefully some kind of direction. We can talk all day about the "shouldas," there's 20+ years of those. It's more important to worry about what they should do next.

17 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Someone link Washington Football Team merch. I want to be part of history. 

First two items for sale look like future collectors items.

1. A scale model replica of the WTF yacht with a bobble-head of Snyder in an admiral’s uniform manning the helm.

2. A life size bobble-tail TeamFootballnette (aka Redskinette) diesel operated “real doll” with what is listed as “lifelike innards”. The ad states that each bobble-tail doll has an unconditional satisfaction guarantee and has been “personally” tested by Mr Snyder.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Who ever said we were a competent organization? Allen had a power point presentation about the name--that was their contingency plan. I would love to see that--I bet it's hilarious.

I dunno--the temporary name is lame. They should have had a plan in place--lets be honest, they should have done a lot of things--but the best thing to do is proceed with some kind of care, hopefully some kind of direction. We can talk all day about the "shouldas," there's 20+ years of those. It's more important to worry about what they should do next.

Exactly the point of why a lot of fans are finally throwing in the towel or, quite frankly, amused at the unfunny nature of business.

For years we’ve been looking at things and saying, “hey, we’ve ****ed everything up but hey, at least they did this right.”

In 6 months we’ll probably be saying the same about something else after we eff this up.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Exactly the point of why a lot of fans are finally throwing in the towel or, quite frankly, amused at the unfunny nature of business.

For years we’ve been looking at things and saying, “hey, we’ve ****ed everything up but hey, at least they did this right.”

In 6 months we’ll probably be saying the same about something else after we eff this up.

Every criticism of Snyder is fair, valid, and just--except for the ones that would get him kicked out of the NFL, unfortunately. What can't he go full Woody Johnson?

We'll see what happens. Funny thing is, for the 1st time in 14-15 years, we have a legitimate coaching staff. For the 1st time under Snyder, we have a competent GM (if not in title), that has drafted well--without a silver-tongued sycophant. We'll see about the name. If Snyder rushes into it, 120% chance he ****s it up. But taking 6 months, 93.7% chance he ****s it up.

And if he ****s it up? How much worse can it get?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate to say it, but I think @Westbrook36 predicted this

It’s great that a national TV audience was exposed to the greatness of Wentz tonight. MVP is his to lose at this point, AMIRITE?

Washington football team really looked great to start the game. At one point, up 10-3, at about midfield 3rd and 1, I thought they could put a stranglehold on the game. Gruden is afraid of success for some reason. 

Birds sweep the season series....normalcy restored to the NFC East. Wentz occupying space in all of your heads. 

37B49BAF-CF22-4086-AA0F-C1A59A91A2F2.jpeg

Edited by hatchetwound
  • Confused 1

What about Washington Red Wolves....Go with the R helmet until you figure what you wanna do wolf related if anything. I love Wolves, they are badass....But honestly this whole expectation to change overnight the name of a storied franchise is unreasonable. I see it as an opportunity to turn the page and start fresh, however, One that should not be made in two months. I wouldn’t be surprised if we just roll w/ Washington Football Team/Club With a full commitment to revamp next year  (July 3rd.....) Didn’t know how to quote to this thread.

I said it! It was unreasonable to drop a logo and name and everything surrounding it in 1-2 months. We shouldn’t rush it..This is fine. I’m just glad we made the right call here and didn’t rush anything. Now go get RedWolves.

5 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

So mods....is it time to get a training camp thread started up in here? Hint,hint,nudge,nudge,wink,wink. Need some actual football conversation. Thanks in advance.

Go ahead and start one. Why are you asking a mod to start it ?

It's our job to start threads. It's the mods job to shut them down. 😉

• Haha 5
13 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm not ok.  I feel like based on the responses I see on Twitter, most are. 

I think I'm done. I will likely change my mind, but not sure I will.  This whole thing has been a debacle and having to root for an organization that can't even figure out a name is the tiniest straw that breaks the camel's back for me. 

It's been real. 

Hail. 

Woke up this morning still annoyed. But I'm still here, and I'll probably still be here tomorrow, and I'll probably still be here 10 years from now. 

Goodness, some days, I hate loving this team. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Chachie said:

This reply is not directed at you, but instead at the ownership of the team...

"Take our time and do this right" is yet ANOTHER excuse for yet ANOTHER huge misstep by Daniel Snyder. This stage of the name change game is what he's stuck with because he didn't do this when it was right to do it and now he won't pay up for one of the names he wants because he let someone get the trademarks ahead of him. He's a LOSER. He's not wealthy enough to own a football team. He screwed over the guys who initially wanted to buy the team from the Cookes and he's been screwing over the fans ever since. My God, what a silly, silly excuse for a sports franchise this has become.

Now he's forced into moving forward with ZERO IDENTITY, leaving his fans with NOTHING to represent themselves. We are a laughing stock. Every year this front office gets lower and lower, dragging the fanbase down with it into ridicule and guess what... this probably isn't even rock bottom because every time we think we're there, Dumbiel Snyder brings in a big shovel and keeps on digging. Srsly F that guy. 

This is my take. If another team had done this and actually started a season with no name we would be laughing at them, just as so many are laughing at us today.   It's just a name, how hard can it be to decide on one?  He owns a F-ing marketing company, do they take years to develop a logo and campaign for his clients?   No, no they do not.  

Pick a name, have one of his designers bang out a few comps for logos and get it done.  I will never understand the idea that it takes a year or more to come up with a name.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Pick a name, have one of his designers bang out a few comps for logos and get it done.  I will never understand the idea that it takes a year or more to come up with a name.  

Agreed.  People keep saying that it takes 2-3 years to complete a branding project.  THAT is true - but branding projects include things like, media, awareness campaigns, collateral - that stuff takes time.  Picking a NAME?  Just proves what we already knew - we're woefully unprepared, as always.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So what's the deal with the guy who got the trademark for all of those name options? Is it believed that is the hold up?  

I don't believe so - he's come out and said a few times that he's willing to give the team any of his trademarks for free and didn't want to be a roadblock. 

7 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I don't believe so - he's come out and said a few times that he's willing to give the team any of his trademarks for free and didn't want to be a roadblock. 

Then there really is no excuse.  Even if you believe it's not possible to create a logo in close to a month, which is simple nonsense, it should not require a year to select a F-ing name.  I can't believe some are actually OK with this. If the Eagles did this we would be trashing them, just as so many are laughing at us. Again.  

• Like 1