Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

They don't even play or practice in Washington so why not just call them The Football Team? Or America's Team? I would love to hear the on the field trash talk that this team will have to put up with this year. Coach fired, name fired, record identical or worse. Adrenaline is a big part of playing the sport of football and, if I were a player on this team, I would take the field with zero adrenaline in my system. Just pay me and get it over with.

Edited by Smurf3
11 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

They don't even play or practice in Washington so why not just call them The Football Team? Or America's Team? I would love to hear the on the field trash talk that this team will have to put up with this year. Coach fired, name fired, record identical or worse. Adrenaline is a big part of playing the sport of football and, if I were a player on this team, I would take the field with zero adrenaline in my system. Just pay me and get it over with.

If they play well, all that stuff will take care of itself.  New meaning to the nickname “No Name Defense.”

4 hours ago, Smurf3 said:

I'll bet the farm rivera wont let em on the field with out adrenaline..after 5 min against this d they'll think twice about talking trash

i don't care about the name anymore!  i just want to watch some football again!  i want to see chase young beat lane johnson all day when week 1 comes around!  i want lane johnson to shut the hell up!

• Like 1

Whatever with the name at this point,.....my only request is - please,....PLEASE, ace the white pants.  Go with the throw back gold color -- it's so much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I hope we keep the (non) name.  I don't want a replacement name.  Will always be the Redskins (sorry if some are triggered) for most of us anyway.  It is also a subtle middle finger to Florio, Kellerman and the other idiots.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, kwitt said:

I hope we keep the (non) name.  I don't want a replacement name.  Will always be the Redskins (sorry if some are triggered) for most of us anyway.  It is also a subtle middle finger to Florio, Kellerman and the other idiots.

You don’t like the possibility of “Red Wolves”?  Mitch Tischler even rearranged the fight song.  “Howl to the Red Wolves.”  😏  Not too bad.....

Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Terry Bateman, however, wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of this one-year run becoming something far bigger.

"If everybody in the market loves the name and adopts it and, ultimately, that's what the majority of the people want to have, I could see a scenario," Bateman told JP Finlay on the Washington Football Talk podcast.

nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/washington-football-team-executive-could-see-scenario-where-name-permanently

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lifetime Redskins fan. My father and I used to watch every Sunday together. Sure do miss those days.

I'll wait and see what they come up with. To be honest, the last 5 years I have become a much more casual fan than anything. Many factors have led to this. Mostly though, I just yearn to watch sports.<mod edit political comment---temp ban>

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You mean this one ?

If so, I agree

gold.jpg

Yes -- in fact, they should just use that exact uniform minus the old logo and helmet.  

• Like 1

I made the point at the time that the use of the word ‘team’ could have be done consciously to promote us as a ‘unified team’. I think I was generally alone in that opinion but I do believe that to be the case. There has been a clear use of the word ‘team’ specifically from Rivera. He is promoting that culture and mindset.

That in my opinion is why they went with ‘team’ and not ‘club’.

• Like 1

Warhogs (saw this suggested the other day... not WART... War) or Redwolves for me. This “Washington” thing is off putting. It’s very plain and I can’t shorten it... 

Do I call them “WAS”? “Double You Tee Effs” ?“Ton”? “TFKAR”? “DC”? “No, not Seattle... the other Washington”?

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I made the point at the time that the use of the word ‘team’ could have be done consciously to promote us as a ‘unified team’. I think I was generally alone in that opinion but I do believe that to be the case. There has been a clear use of the word ‘team’ specifically from Rivera. He is promoting that culture and mindset.

That in my opinion is why they went with ‘team’ and not ‘club’.

In simple terms, in the NFL they are called teams routinely. So it makes sense. Club is rarely if ever used.

1. What team is going to win the NFC East

2. Which teams will make the playoffs

3. Which teams are odds on favorite to make and win the Superbowl

4. Ranking of NFL teams

etc...its always teams

I had asked someone about this some time back during a slow offseason:

Anybody wanna put a few threads together, with polls, to vote on the All-Time Washington 53-man roster? Could give us all something to talk and argue about if there was a thread for QB, RB/FB, WR/TE, OL, DL, LB and CB/S.

QB Sammy Baugh Kirk Cousins Sonny Jurgensen Billy Kilmer Mark Rypien Joe Theismann Doug Williams    
  RB Terry Allen Cliff Battles Larry Brown Earnest Byner Stephen Davis Bill Dudley Alfred Morris Clinton Portis  
  FB Don Bosseler Andy Farkas John Riggins Mike Sellers          
  WR Pierre Garcon Roy Jefferson Art Monk Hugh Taylor          
  WR Bobby Mitchell Ricky Sanders Charley Taylor            
  sWR Gary Clark Desean Jackson Santana Moss            
  TE Chris Cooley Clint Didier Wayne Millner Jerry Smith Don Warren        
  LT Turk Edwards Terry Hermeling Joe Jacoby Jim Lachey Chris Samuels Jim Snowden Trent Williams    
  LG Ray Brown Derrick Dockery Russ Grimm Ron Saul Ray Schoenke        
  C Jeff Bostic Al DeMao Len Hauss Bob Kuziel Casey Rabach Cory Raymer      
  RG Tre' Johnson Raleigh McKenzie Vince Promuto Randy Thomas          
  RT Don Boll Jon Jansen Mark May Morgan Moses Fran O'Brien Ed Simmons George Starke    
  LDE Gene Brito Karl Lorch Charles Mann Ron McDole John Paluck        
  LDT Dave Butz Kedric Golston Cornelius Griffin Tim Johnson          
  RDT Perry Brooks Bill Brundige Darryl Grant Joe Rutgens Diron Talbert        
  RDE Phillip Daniels Dallas Hickman Carl Kammerer Dexter Manley Joe Tereshinski        
  LOLB Lorenzo Alexander Brad Dusek Ken Harvey Ryan Kerrigan          
  LILB London Fletcher Kurt Gouveia Sam Huff Neal Olkewicz          
  RILB Chris Hanburger Mel Kaufman Harold McLinton Rich Milot          
  ROLB Monte Coleman Chuck Drazenovich Wilber Marshall Rusty Tillman          
  LCB Champ Bailey Vernon Dean Pat Fischer Rickie Harris          
  RCB Mike Bass Darrell Green Joe Lavender Shawn Springs          
  sCB DeAngelo Hall Mark Murphy Fred Smoot            
  FS Paul Krause Brig Owens Sean Taylor            
  SS Todd Bowles Ken Houston Alvin Walton            
  K Chip Lohmiller Mark Moseley              
  P Mike Bragg Tress Way              
  LS Ethan Albright Nick Sundberg              
  PR Brian Mitchell Mike Nelms              
  KR Rock Cartwright Brian Mitchell              

OWN Jack Kent Cooke George P. Marshall              
  HC Geroge Allen Joe Gibbs Ray Flaherty            
  GM Bobby Beathard Charley Casserly              

If anybody feels inclined to do so, I put together a list of ~125 players to start with. Just bored and thought I'd throw it out there.

Edited by tibbidoe