Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

The burgundy doesn't look the same to me.

In the two pictures I posted, I agree it looks different but I was thinking it might have been the reflection of the inside lighting that was Making the new helmet look brighter and shinier.

When I looked at multiple pictures of our old helmets and then the new i thought the burgundy was reasonably close but It could be my eyes not seeing it.

If I had my way we wouldn't change anything but I don't and we are so I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation and in that respect I'm very happy with the new helmets. 

I think they look sharp and I like that they look plain and old, it helps me see a team thats 90 years old and not brand new, maybe that will change next year but for now I like it.

And by next year maybe I'll be ready for a little more change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

 

Fool me everytime we have a blow out season and fire coaches and look like a great new turn around and get super excited into thinking we'll get it this time? Definitely shame on me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Helmets could use the center striping at least


On one hand yeah, I liked our center stripe. On the other hand, it feels refreshing and in a weird way consistent to have a stripped down look. It kind of goes with the generic “Football Team” theme. We’re a football team, no frills.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leonard Washington said:

Is there a training camp thread?

 

No, probably because there's no reporters there, hence no reports...other than official team statements, press releases, etc.

Also, a factor is, they don't put pads on for a couple more weeks, so it's very light work.

But you're likely to find what you're looking for, in the Virus thread in the Stadium...or what I call, "Virus Camp"

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I watched this and muted the sound, and instead listened to "The End" by the Doors lol...

 

 

 

 

This was not ok how this was presented - almost gleeful. It felt like a spiteful dig to lifelong fans. Respectfully retire the past not cheerfully obliterate it. I am barely hanging on here. Waiting to see how this unfolds - full rebrand and I am out. As an expat I have no tie to the DMV except the team. I have no interest in the DC expansion team.  Maybe a 3rd gen fan is not part of the demographic they want for the future. I have a lot less years ahead me then the young fans - of course I have more disposable income better served with folks who value me.  This video deeply angers me.  My second foot is much closer to the door....

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Learned Hand said:

 

This was not ok how this was presented - almost gleeful. It felt like a spiteful dig to lifelong fans. Respectfully retire the past not cheerfully obliterate it. I am barely hanging on here. Waiting to see how this unfolds - full rebrand and I am out. As an expat I have no tie to the DMV except the team. I have no interest in the DC expansion team.  Maybe a 3rd gen fan is not part of the demographic they want for the future. I have a lot less years ahead me then the young fans - of course I have more disposable income better served with folks who value me.  This video deeply angers me.  My second foot is much closer to the door....

 

I don't think that is what they were going for, but I get it.  I am hoping the further we get from the abrupt removal of the name, the less punitive it will feel in terms of how off-limits any team material pre-2020 is.  I'm not gonna get wistful about the walls in Fed-Ex, but in a more general sense I get you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The old name and logo aren’t going to be getting a Viking funeral. It’s over. Respects will not be paid.

 

The video is exactly as it should be. Ripping off a bandaid. No need to draw this out any longer than it has to. Honesty they shouldn’t have posted it at all but it seems a ripe analogy. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just hope the new Fight Song is better than "Fly Eagles, Fly !"

Yeah. And the lions fight song. its horrible 

 

literally one of the lines: 

“with honor you will win your fame, down the field and gain a lions victory!!!” 
 

edit: found the whole thing cause i couldnt remember it off the top of my head

 

Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, Rah, Rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lion victory!

 

 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, Florgon79 said:

The old name and logo aren’t going to be getting a Viking funeral. It’s over. Respects will not be paid.

 

The video is exactly as it should be. Ripping off a bandaid. No need to draw this out any longer than it has to. Honesty they shouldn’t have posted it at all but it seems a ripe analogy. 


They’re creating content. Julie is already making a big difference. There’s a ground work being laid here. It’s actually pretty exciting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

It will be terrible unless they hire John Williams.

 

OR maybe they should go hard on the GoGo Ah DC

 

 

That ****ing ROCKS!

 

That would be amazing. I can just imagine dancing in the parking lot to that. A bunch of people starting it at the same time on their radios and just walking around listening and dancing out after wins. That would be so much fun!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just hope the new Fight Song is better than "Fly Eagles, Fly !"

Fly eagles fly is absolutely horrendous.  
 

Seriously, if I was an eagles fan I would revolt.

 

If I was a Viking fan that damn horn would irritate me.

 

If I was a Bucs fan the cannons in the pirate ship would drive me crazy. 
 

The WFT did things through the years which I didn’t like.  But I liked the fight song.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the band should play HTTR, and we solemnly not sing any words... It would be like Spain's national anthem (no lyrics) and also be a bit of a censored protest of having our traditions stripped away from us

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Maybe the band should play HTTR, and we solemnly not sing any words... It would be like Spain's national anthem (no lyrics) and also be a bit of a censored protest of having our traditions stripped away from us

 

This is seriously an excellent idea.

An instrumental of HTTR.

The melody alone evokes great pride as a fight song, and at the same time, how could a melody be considered offensive.

Someone should seriously present this idea to the team.

On the other hand, after further review, I think they'd shoot this idea down.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...