Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

@SkinsGuy

Nah I just wanted to recognize his name instead of referring to him as some “guy”.  But at the same time didn’t want to be condescending.  See the post above where I mentioned his name.

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

@SkinsGuy

Nah I just wanted to recognize his name instead of referring to him as some “guy”.  But at the same time didn’t want to be condescending.  See the post above where I mentioned his name.

Ok.

I thought you might've been posting in the wrong message board by mistake. :)

• Haha 1

They should have kept the three stripes down the middle of the helmet the same ,instead of just a number with no stripes 

Just my opinion 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, c slag said:

They should have kept the three stripes down the middle of the helmet the same ,instead of just a number with no stripes 

Just my opinion 

Well I don't know if some of the pics I've see out there are what the uniforms will be like, or just some fans conception of what they will be like.

Has the team released official photos of the new unis?

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Rebranding takes time. See my post above about the Bullets/Wizards.

I'd much prefer they take their time and solicit ideas and views from sponsors, alumni, and fans and get everything in order, and not rush to a name they may regret down the road.

I understand what you are saying, I just fundamentally disagree. They have had at least a 4 yrs to get ready for this. It's not like this just suddenly came up. And in the end, it's just a name. Pick something and move on. They should have had a very short list for some time now. Again, it's not like it's really a sudden thing. 

For me this is just Dan showing his incompetence once again. Or his arrogance, not sure which. I mean it has been suggested he knows what he wants to name the team but since so many proadcasters and others refused to use Redskins, and just said The Washington Football Team, he is basically trolling them. 

Also, it keeps the drama going on about the name. Change it.  Bask in doing the right thing for once and then move on. Of course I guess he can hide under cover of the sexual harassment/assault issue the team apparently has. So there is that. (Sarcasm directed at the Dan Snyder, not you.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am seriously considering being done with this franchise. Pick a god damn name so I can make a decision. Another unprepared debacle to add to the Snyder pile of **** ups. I will add that I actually like the look of the uniforms. Looks old school and cool. Maybe that will be enough to make me stick around. Who knows?

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am seriously considering being done with this franchise. Pick a god damn name so I can make a decision. Another unprepared debacle to add to the Snyder pile of **** ups. I will add that I actually like the look of the uniforms. Looks old school and cool. Maybe that will be enough to make me stick around. Who knows?

It's completely understandable how it would take 12 to 18 months to pick a new name... so them dragging out picking a name is the final straw for you?

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

It's completely understandable how it would take 12 to 18 months to pick a new name... so them dragging out picking a name is the final straw for you?

No. It is just another **** up on the heap of **** ups for the past two decades. I am sick of all if it. We have a garbage owner, garbage stadium and garbage record for 20 years. This gives me a chance to make a clean break. I am not leaving the Redskins. They are done. Although this does kind of get me excited:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

No. It is just another **** up on the heap of **** ups for the past two decades. I am sick of all if it. We have a garbage owner, garbage stadium and garbage record for 20 years. This gives me a chance to make a clean break. I am not leaving the Redskins. They are done. Although this does kind of get me excited:

Soooooo will you still be coming here?

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

They essentially surreptitiously kept the Redskins for this year.

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

No. It’s not. 

Was the team name scrutinization new as of 2 months ago? Or has it been happening for decades?

As a professional organization, contingency plans should be a step taken. This didn’t come out of no where. This was a long time in the making. 

• Like 3

Ugggg I have to start watching.. .. Washington football by myself...my folks have officially thrown in the towel 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

No. It’s not. 

Was the team name scrutinization new as of 2 months ago? Or has it been happening for decades?

As a professional organization, contingency plans should be a step taken. This didn’t come out of no where. This was a long time in the making. 

Yeah with an owner who rightfully so said never... unfortunately George Floyd changed all that

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. It’s not. 

if the name wasn't quite suited for you why did you continue to be a Redskins fan?

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ugggg I have to start watching.. .. Washington football by myself...my folks have officially thrown in the towel 

Yeah with an owner who rightfully so said never... unfortunately George Floyd changed all that

if the name wasn't quite suited for you why did you continue to be a Redskins fan?

What are you talking about?

Explain to them that this really is a surreptitious way that the franchise kept the Redskins as the name. Because in essence that is true. People are going to consider them to be the Redskins until an actual name replaces it (It's why Florio and other name change advocates are having a melt down over this).

Edited by nonniey
2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Explain to them that this really is a surreptitious way that the franchise kept the Redskins as the name. Because in essence that is true. People are going to consider them to be the Redskins until an actual name replaces it.

Good idea thanks

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. It’s not. 

Are you seriously equating Snyder/Redskins to “professional”. 

Snyder said he would never change the name, why do you think those schmucks would have a contingency plan.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. It’s not. 

The name wouldn't have been retired if it wasnt for what happened to g floyd...we all know that's true... so in other words they were not planning on changing the name or retiring it so it was a spur-of-the-moment and they just don't want to change it overnight and do the right thing

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

Are you seriously equating Snyder/Redskins to “professional”. 

Snyder said he would never change the name, why do you think those schmucks would have a contingency plan.

That was my point.

The name wouldn't have been retired if it wasnt for what happened to g floyd...we all know that's true... so in other words they were not planning on changing the name or retiring it so it was a spur-of-the-moment and they just don't want to change it overnight and do the right thing

The name has been scrutinized for decades. Most people understood that Snyder was posturing with the “never” stuff. I’d say it’s hard to believe that he actually believed his own BS, yet here we are.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

There never was any intentions to change the name maybe Redskins fans and other people didn't like it and thought it was racist and felt that the name should be changed and still was their favorite team which confuses me how they could root for the Redskins each Sunday but hate the name and claim it's racist and I don't get it.. I hate the Snyder.. and everything he has done to the Washington football team but I think he's handling this professionally

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Good idea thanks

I was done with the NFL myself pending what the Redskins did.  I'd have accepted Warriors or Braves with the same colors but this is even better, as no name = Redskins.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That was my point.

The name has been scrutinized for decades. Most people understood that Snyder was posturing the the “never” stiff. I’d say it’s hard to believe that he actually believed his own BS, yet here we are.

Wait are we talking about Snyder being stiff and hard what the hell?

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wait are we talking about Snyder being stiff and hard what the hell?

With the amount of typos / autocorrects that you make on a regular basis, I’m not sure you should be casting stones. :ols:

• Haha 1

Absolutely 100%, not a doubt in my mind.... 

that The Washington Football Team is a far better name then whatever dumb Warriors or Redwolves this franchise will come up with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1