Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, petey hodge said:

Seriously... Mods?  @TK  Where did Tanya get the pin from?  Are they for sale somewhere? 

I know there’s an ES tailgate at home games (and older ES members go to away games as well), I think Huly and Pez or something like that? I think I remember reading somewhere that they gave Tanya a pin at a recent pregame tailgate. 

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Dan must have something on Goodell, because there were multiple stories that Dan and Jerruh wanted to get rid of Goodell.   Why isn't Goodell pushing to get rid of Dan?  

Goodell can't push because Jerruh and Snyder are his employers like the rest of the NFL owners. Goodell is a moral coward, anyway. Jerruh wanted Goofball Goodell gone because he disagreed with the suspension of Zeke Elliott. But Jerruh may have a big mouth and not much else, because the other owners didn't back him up.

7 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Here's hoping he's ****ing wrong.

Whatever the dirt is on Jerruh, it must be juicy.  And I'm a noted Jerruh apologist, he's the last of a breed, like that old throwback Al Davis type of owner from the 60s-80s.  He's probably more lecherous than Dan, that's for sure.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Well Snyder was right about one thing: the NFL really IS like the mafia.

If true, I think Goodell should be shown the door too. It's not the crime, it's the cover-up that brings down the axe!

Edited by FrFan

Lawyer worried Dan Snyder got client names via NFL's probe

12:29 PM ET
  • Don Van Natta Jr.
  • Seth Wickersham

In a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday, an attorney for four dozen former Washington Commanders employees raised "serious concern" that the NFL violated "a very specific promise" of confidentiality that was made to her clients before they testified to investigators about Dan Snyder and the team's toxic workplace culture.

Lisa Banks, the Washington, D.C., lawyer, cited an ESPN report last week that the Commanders' lawyers used NFL investigator Beth Wilkinson's inquiry as a "tip sheet" to compile an "enemies list" that was used by Snyder's law firm to commission private investigations and "harass" her clients, including former team cheerleaders and other former employees.

"If true, this was in clear violation of a very specific promise the NFL made to our clients, through Ms. Wilkinson and her team, that witness names would be kept confidential and not shared with Mr. Snyder or the Washington Commanders," Banks wrote in the letter to Goodell, which was cosigned by her law partner, Debra Katz, and obtained by ESPN.

Banks also threatened to sue the NFL. "If true, the 'tip sheet' allegation is not only morally reprehensible," Banks wrote, "but it also provides the basis for us to take legal action against the NFL, which we will do given the serious harm caused to our clients by their reliance on the NFL's promises."

Banks asked for a meeting with Goodell to discuss whether the "tip sheet" allegation is "unfounded."

"If you ignore our request, as you have with our past requests to talk to you directly, we will assume that the reporting by Mr. Van Natta is true and we will move forward with formal legal action on behalf of our clients," Banks wrote.

Goodell has said repeatedly, including during testimony before a Congressional committee in June, that he did not ask Wilkinson for a written investigative report "for compelling reasons that continue to this day" -- to protect the women's anonymity.

"We determined that a comprehensive oral briefing would best allow us to receive the information necessary both to evaluate the workplace as it was, and to ensure that the team put in place the policies and processes to reform that workplace -- all while preserving the confidentiality of those who participated in the investigation," Goodell told the committee.

Banks said Goodell used the anonymity of her clients to justify the decision to not release Wilkinson's investigative findings, but she has discovered that the NFL used the witness list as "a tip sheet" to allow Snyder and his lawyers to investigate and "harass" her clients. Four of Banks' clients were approached by private investigators, she said, and one was visited by a private investigator within a day of speaking to Wilkinson's investigators, Banks said. According to congressional testimony, the investigators were hired by Snyder's law firm Reed Smith, and Banks said the investigators told her clients they were hired by Reed Smith.

"It's infuriating that Roger Goodell claimed he couldn't release the Wilkinson report because he was protecting my clients' confidentiality, and now we find out that he allowed the investigation's witness list to be used as "a tip sheet" for Dan Snyder's lawyers and their private investigators," Banks told ESPN.

"But if it wasn't for that assurance, some of my clients would not have participated in this investigation," Banks told ESPN in an interview. "They feared retaliation from Dan Snyder."

An NFL spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

The NFL and Commanders struck a "common interest agreement" on Sept. 8, 2020, to share information during the Wilkinson inquiry of Snyder and the Washington franchise's toxic workplace culture. The agreement says that the NFL and the team "share common legal interests, and that in furtherance of such interests, the Parties have and will continue to share information and communications with Wilkinson Walsh and with each other in connection with the Investigation."

The agreement was signed nine days after the NFL took over the Wilkinson investigation from the team because the league discovered Snyder's attorneys were interfering with her inquiry into the toxic workplace culture.

Wilkinson did not release a final report of her findings of Snyder and the team. She made an oral presentation to Goodell, who on July 1, 2021, fined Snyder $10 million and said Snyder agreed to "step away" from the day-to-day running of his team.

After the NFL took over the investigation, Banks said she complained in an email to Lisa Friel, the NFL's special counsel for investigations, that at least several of her clients were being harassed by private investigators.

Banks said in her letter that "after the NFL revealed witness names, several of our clients were harassed by private investigators, some were publicly disparaged and/or removed from team alumni groups, at least one who was still working for the team was terminated."

"No one ever believed that Roger Goodell did not release the Wilkinson report because he cared about confidentiality," Banks said in an interview. "Reports are routinely written in a way to protect the identity of individuals so they can be made public, just as Mary Jo White's report soon will be."

White, a former SEC chairwoman, is currently investigating Snyder, including allegations that he sexually harassed two women, in an inquiry that began in February. When she reports her findings to Goodell, the commissioner intends to meet with Snyder, league sources say.

John Brownlee, one of Snyder's lawyers, was asked on a Washington radio station Monday why Snyder and team lawyers don't "dissolve the common interest agreement" and release Wilkinson's findings.

"Roger Goodell went before congress under oath and told Congress there is no report. And he told Congress that he decided -- he alone decided -- that he didn't want a written report. What he wanted was the findings presented to him in a meeting orally by Beth Wilkinson," Brownlee said. "He set this up this way because he wanted people to feel like they could come in, speak freely to Beth and not have some written report out there that reveals their identity."

Brownlee added that former Commanders employees who have testified before a Congressional roundtable and have spoken out publicly were "free to do that" and the "team did nothing to try to stop that."

He said that there is "no Wilkinson report to release ... and the team and Dan Snyder had zero to do with that."

Banks said of the agreement between Snyder and the NFL, Snyder had "veto power" on the release of any findings. "The reason that Goodell gave is ridiculous," Banks said. "Reports are written and produced routinely where names are redacted or otherwise anonymized.

"That's how these reports are done. That's how Mary Jo White's report will be done. They chose not to do it here not because they were trying to protect confidentiality or confidences but they were trying to protect Snyder."

Prior to an NFL owners meeting at a Manhattan hotel Tuesday, a senior team executive told ESPN the "common interest agreement" has always troubled senior executives and some owners because it helped Snyder and the NFL jointly monitor and control the Wilkinson investigation.

"Everyone knows the common interest agreement is the main exposure for the league," said the team executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "It's the main weak point for the league."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34822924/lawyer-worried-dan-snyder-got-client-names-via-nfl-probe

• Thanks 2

It really pisses me off that it has come to this. I hate not watching the team, but I cannot support these jerk offs. 

It is shocking to me that none of these things move the needle as far as him being forced to sell. I just don't see it coming.

Giving it to Tanya, a breast cancer survivor, is a slap in the face to us. 

Why does he even want to be the bad guy? Does he know that he is? If he supposedly loved the Skins and watched them growing up, why would he want to continue to be hated by the fans? 

I cast serious doubt that he was ever a fan. I believe his dad was and this was a way to impress his father and that is the beginning and end.

He and the NFL should know by now that they will never succeed. Theyve lost tons and tons of fans and I don't know where they get new ones. A new stadium won't cut it. 

Its been hard the last couple of weeks boycotting the team, but I'll continue on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

This honestly gives me some confidence. He says "not there yet" several times. Also says, that his understanding is that most people and most owners want Snyder to not be an owner. Says that if Jerry Jones switches, it might signal the end. This coming from Rapoport basically corroborates everything that was in the ESPN article except for the Jerry Jones already backing off Snyder thing.

But for Jerry Jones it might also be the smart decision to slow play this and wait for the investigations to end. Will see, but Rapoport (or Schefter) so far didn't really participate in the Snyder discussions. That he is sitting there and basically saying most owners want Snyder gone is pretty astonishing for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

I hate not watching the team, but I cannot support these jerk offs. 

I'm 3 weeks in on not watching them. The black unis were like permission from my younger self and friends chanting "Dallas Sucks" on the School Bus" between the 1st and 2nd Superbowl wins, to not let them ruin my chi and change the channel before kickoff of that game. If I cared to buy stamps, I'd send thank you cards to Dan, Tanya, Jason, Ron and one more to Goodell. Giving me what I really needed to reclaim my sunday with either Redzone or.... life. 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b88p9h5p4gmk4wxkitoh

9 minutes ago, Panninho said:

This honestly gives me some confidence. He says "not there yet" several times. Also says, that his understanding is that most people and most owners want Snyder to not be an owner. Says that if Jerry Jones switches, it might signal the end. This coming from Rapoport basically corroborates everything that was in the ESPN article except for the Jerry Jones already backing off Snyder thing.

But for Jerry Jones it might also be the smart decision to slow play this and wait for the investigations to end. Will see, but Rapoport (or Schefter) so far didn't really participate in the Snyder discussions. That he is sitting there and basically saying most owners want Snyder gone is pretty astonishing for me.

I don't really get the Jerry Jones' point.

It's been documented that Jerry wanted Goodell out at some point years ago. But he failed at it. So I doubt Jerry is has powerful as some wants him to be.

If the only owners Dan has in his corner are Jerry, John and Jeffrey, well, that doesn't make it up to 8 and wouldn't prevent him from being ousted.

Still, at this point, I don't see how he can stay owner much longer, either he sells it on his own term, or the NFL is gonna spoil him over the selling.

4 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I always thought this.  At the same time, the more competitive a division, the more money it makes. Could you imagine the Pats and Bills/Jags/Dolphins all doing well?  That would've been insane.

When the NFC East was competitive, it was better for all the fans.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Why does he even want to be the bad guy? Does he know that he is? If he supposedly loved the Skins and watched them growing up, why would he want to continue to be hated by the fans?

I’m sure there’s nothing a billionaire hates more than being forced into doing anything.  They believe the sun rises and sets on them, and their ability to accumulate FU Money, entitles them to FU every day until they die, at which point their children get to do the same.

At one point, I could buy that he was a fan of the team and truly believed he could turn it around.  But at this point, it has to be out of spite.  

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

One of the writers just on 106.7

A.  Thinks Lisa Banks lawsuit potentially has teeth

B.  Ridicules Dan's lawyer for talking about it being a financed conspiracy

C.  A fellow owner told them Dan told him directly he has dirt on other owners

D. Owners told him this team considering the wealth of the DMV should be a top 5 franchise revenue wise yet its almost dead last

E.  He doubled down that Jerry at this time doesn't love Dan, so he doesn't buy the Rapoport segment from today -- said Dan told others he has dirt on Jerry and that got back to Jerry and Jerry was not so pleased. 

F.  Dan's lawyers offered that women another million dollar plus settlement to keep her mouth shut.   That women turned it down and spoke to the NFL.

G.  Some owners would vote today to remove Dan, not sure they have 24

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D. Owners told him this team considering the wealth of the DMV should be a top 5 franchise revenue wise yet its almost dead last

E.  He doubled down that Jerry at this time doesn't love Dan, so he doesn't buy the Rapoport segment from today -- said Dan told others he has dirt on Jerry and that got back to Jerry and Jerry was not so pleased. 

F.  Dan's lawyers offered that women another million dollar plus settlement to keep her mouth shut.   That women turned it down and spoke to the NFL.

Thank you again for always doing these minutes from what's on the radio. :cheers:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wording here is interesting if that's the one that was used on radio.

That likely means that if they aren't 24, they are kinda close to it. Like 20 or something...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Two things:

1. I have serious respect for anyone willing to turn down that much money in order to finally reveal her truth.

2. Either little Danny did something far more heinous on that plane than has been hinted/speculated up til now AND/OR he’s afraid that if Tanya ever finds out what really went down she might leave his butt, file for divorce and take up to half of his wealth with her.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Seriously... Mods?  @TK  Where did Tanya get the pin from?  Are they for sale somewhere? 

I've never seen one before. I know we had a hat once cuz I got one. But tk will know.

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Two things:

1. I have serious respect for anyone willing to turn down that much money in order to finally reveal her truth.

2. Either little Danny did something far more heinous on that plane than has been hinted/speculated up til now AND/OR he’s afraid that if Tanya ever finds out what really went down she might leave his butt, file for divorce and take up to half of his wealth with her.

I do have some respect too.

But at the same time I'm wondering why didn't she went to the Police if that was that big. I know that's not always an easy thing to do, but you have to so that doesn't happen again.

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A&F Hail to the Ladies, they will take him down. As @CommanderInTheRye said props to this Lady who turned down  +$1 mil  for justice to be served.

Edited by FrFan