Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

If you have to run a ‘vanilla’ offense with a veteran QB, that’s an OC problem, not a QB problem.

Carson may have lost his mobility, but he’s never been dumb.  Fitzpatrick is a Harvard guy and he looked rather shaky in this offense in limited time as well. 

Combine this with the talk that there is little room if any at all for the QB to adjust the playcall at the LOS, and it’s easy to see why this is a slow, plodding, and generally ineffective offense.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We can only go by what he says on the radio.  Many other guys with similar roles, radio and TV, have no issue backing the bus over Snyder.

Yeah I had the same take. Not sure if this is still the case but at one time Snyder owned 980 and they were very very critical of him. If BMitch is hiding his true feelings to stay on good terms with the team then I have even less respect for him,  

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I don't think the offensive playcalling will be any different. Turner calls to the talent he wishes he had at QB and OL. Not what he has on the field. I think TH will just make more little things happen. The trade off is no deepball stuff. But, maybe someone will tell Turner he's allowed to lineup wide AND/OR have receivers in the middle of the field. Not sure if he thinks that's against the rules.

Cooley talked about it on Keim's podcast I just listened to.   I'll talk about it on the QB thread.  I am not one of the Heinicke Hive people to say the least, much closer to being a critc.  I liked rolling the dice to get Wentz.  So I got no favortism on this debate for Taylor.  But I'll say in short Cooley thinks Heinicke will look better for reasons that extend beyond his mobility -- he thinks Wentz has limitations so far based on what he's seen.  He does though still prefer Wentz's upside.

I get a lot of angst against Scott Turner.  I've pummeled him too.  But my mind is not shut in advance of this Sunday.  Will see.  If its purely about ego for me, I'd want to see Taylor stink.  But I am open to see how it unfolds. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley talked about it on Keim's podcast I just listened to.   I'll talk about it on the QB thread.  I am not one of the Heinicke Hive people to say the least, much closer to being a critc.  I liked rolling the dice to get Wentz.  So I got no favortism on this debate for Taylor.  But I'll say in short Cooley thinks Heinicke will look better for reasons that extend beyond his mobility -- he thinks Wentz has limitations so far based on what he's seen.  He does though still prefer Wentz's upside.

I get a lot of angst against Scott Turner.  I've pummeled him too.  But my mind is not shut in advance of this Sunday.  Will see.  If its purely about ego for me, I'd want to see Taylor stink.  But I am open to see how it unfolds. 

If nothing else I have a reason to watch again just to see how it happens and then read your and a few others' reviews of his performance. 

I am curious if you think having another guy back there changes perspective enough to give you a clearer idea of what has been going wrong....or if its just that obvious already or what?

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If you have to run a ‘vanilla’ offense with a veteran QB, that’s an OC problem, not a QB problem.

Carson may have lost his mobility, but he’s never been dumb.  Fitzpatrick is a Harvard guy and he looked rather shaky in this offense in limited time as well. 

Combine this with the talk that there is little room if any at all for the QB to adjust the playcall at the LOS, and it’s easy to see why this is a slow, plodding, and generally ineffective offense.

It's time for Dan to send Turner some vanilla ice cream like he did to Mike Nolan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some talk here about Scott Turner here.  I bring this here is if Scott told people it opens up the playbook, that's interesting. Reasom why I said that is Cooley brought up an alternate idea as a possibility for the basic vanilla offense under Wentz which is maybe they think that fits the limitations Wentz has right now with the offense.  

So I guess will see if the million mesh routes they throw and repetitive concepts on third down go out the window.  I am not a Heinicke guy at all so I don't bring it up as a Heinicke plug.  Just saying if Heinicke plays better, it might lift Turner a little and might be damning to Wentz

And everyone in the FO who wanted to trade for Wentz.

43 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

It's time for Dan to send Turner some vanilla ice cream like he did to Mike Nolan.

He'll get Tanya to do it. But she would probably have enough class to ask Turner what flavor he likes first before dumping it on his desk to melt.

If he asked Jason Wright to do it, he'd put it on the wrong desk by mistake, and then send out a tweet later saying he put it on the correct desk and then blame haters for claiming otherwise. When photos are leaked showing the ice cream on the wrong desk, Wright will tweet again saying he can do better and will do better next time he's asked to dump ice cream on an assistant coach's desk.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 6

Michael Phillips on with Hoffman said he doesn't expect votes at the meeting but there will be a discussion by Goodell and layout all the things going on with Snyder.  He did say Goodell wouldn't take a vote just to do it unless he had the votes to get Snyder out.

3 ownership problems - 

Stadium

TV Ratings

Ticket Sales

Phillips thinks they might 'float the balloon' on Tanya Snyder transition of ownership but he doesn't think that's enough or the answer.  He thinks it's going to be long and messy.

• Like 1

Here's the Ders response to the DC AG report from PFT:

The Commanders have issued a statement in response to the report.

“The team’s lawyers have met with counsel at the Attorney General’s office on multiple occasions, and no one from that office has ever indicated that the office is planning to take any action against the team or Dan Snyder,” a Commanders spokesman told PFT. “The Commanders organization has cooperated fully with the investigation, including by voluntarily producing over a hundred thousand documents, because it has nothing to hide. The anonymous leaks are unconscionable, and D.C. Attorney General Racine should confirm that the leaks didn’t come from any member of his office or anyone affiliated with his office.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Jerry's playing dumb in public so that little Danny holds off on releasing whatever kompromat he's got stored away in the vault on him.

He knows that once league business is done and Tanya is "otherwise occupied" their will be a strategy session with the remaining owners secretly plotting their next moves.

My guess is that when this thing finally comes to a close there will be the necessary 24 votes to remove the cancerous blight on the league along with 4 to 5 very convenient abstentions of owners (including Danny's old drinkin' buddy Jerry as the snake oil selling et tu brute of this affair).

That way those owners with serious  concerns surrounding possible exposure from Danny's dirty deeds files, photos and videos have a cover story-- "We were against it along but there was nothing we could do, sorry about you losing your team little Danny."

41 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Here's the Ders response to the DC AG report from PFT:

The Commanders have issued a statement in response to the report.

“The team’s lawyers have met with counsel at the Attorney General’s office on multiple occasions, and no one from that office has ever indicated that the office is planning to take any action against the team or Dan Snyder,” a Commanders spokesman told PFT. “The Commanders organization has cooperated fully with the investigation, including by voluntarily producing over a hundred thousand documents, because it has nothing to hide. The anonymous leaks are unconscionable, and D.C. Attorney General Racine should confirm that the leaks didn’t come from any member of his office or anyone affiliated with his office.”

What is the AG investigating?   Is it just the sexual Harassment/workplace?   

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Michael Phillips on with Hoffman said he doesn't expect votes at the meeting but there will be a discussion by Goodell and layout all the things going on with Snyder.  He did say Goodell wouldn't take a vote just to do it unless he had the votes to get Snyder out.

3 ownership problems - 

Stadium

TV Ratings

Ticket Sales

Phillips thinks they might 'float the balloon' on Tanya Snyder transition of ownership but he doesn't think that's enough or the answer.  He thinks it's going to be long and messy.

I think theyll have to come to that the realization that the new stadium even if built will likely still be empty. Just dans ownership costs the stadium 20-30k seats which is missed revenue. TV ratings will still suck under Dan with a new stadium. The stadium will also probably look like **** knowing Dan.

The passing off to Tayna makes zero sense to anyone with half a brain. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Good.  I'm hoping that somehow this means Goodell and maybe the other owners are more likely to let Dan hang out to dry.  

Protect the shield, amirite?

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Well Snyder was right about one thing: the NFL really IS like the mafia.

No, it's not.

I mean, maybe Dan rolls into the owner meetings today and....

BriefParchedDodobird-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1