Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2020/12/unsealed-court-documents-show-messy-fight-over-washington-football-team-sale/

I know the Moag text messages have been talked about but I found this particular line in this story interesting:

The documents, posted on the Richmond Times-Dispatch, are heavily redacted to avoid impacting the sale but do show lawyers for the minority partners urging Snyder to complete a sale quickly to avoid a “detailed review of WFI’s books, records, and past transactions.”

The treachery  😂. This man is going down like a Shakespearean tragedy and I am here for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, dckey said:

Why is this not on any national media outlets?   We need national media to talk about this!!!!

It’s been a crazy sports weekend. But NFL radio was about to have Perez on when I was listening this evening. It was a Friday news drop and on Twitter virtually every major nfl beat or reporter or anything nfl related reacted to it and all had same reaction: bad for Snyder 

Im sure it’ll get run this week especially on local radio, and probably pretty extensively nationally too 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dckey said:

Why is this not on any national media outlets?   We need national media to talk about this!!!!

I have another equally sobering thought:

Why weren't more people here today joyfully posting on the forum?

This is what we've all been supposedly hoping for for years. Yet our enthusiasm,  accept for a brief burst of activity for a few hours after the news first broke, has been muted at best.

It's as if we're holding back because part of us remains fearful that this will end up being just the latest in a seemingly endless series of soul shattering defeats.

For all my bluster I know that I am no different.

I want to believe and wildly celebrate his imminent defeat with all of you my dear friends, but despite my best intentions I find myself unconsciously holding back a little as the fear remains somewhere deep inside me all the same.

Is this what three decades of Snyder's vile presence has turned our fanbase into? 

A near ghost town with a few hearty old souls sitting at an otherwise empty saloon sipping weak rye while reminiscing on the good old days as a lone coyote howls weakly at a fading moon...

The melancholy only broken by the occasional random tumbleweed rolling aimlessly through the wind. 

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is what we've all been supposedly hoping for for years. Yet our enthusiasm,  accept for a brief burst of activity for a few hours after the news first broke, has been muted at best.

It's as if we're holding back because part of us remains fearful that this will end up being just the latest in a seemingly endless series of soul shattering defeats.

For all my bluster I know that I am no different. The fear is there deep inside me all the same.

Is this what three decades of Snyder's vile presence has turned our fanbase into? 

A near ghost town with a few hearty old souls sitting at an otherwise empty saloon sipping weak rye while reminiscing on the good old days as a coyote howls at a fading moon...

The melancholy only broken by the occasional random tumbleweed rolling aimlessly through the wind. 

Well done and stated sir, well done. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

For all my bluster I know that I am no different. The fear is there deep inside me all the same.

A near ghost town with a few hearty old souls sitting at an otherwise empty saloon sipping weak rye while reminiscing on the good old days as a coyote howls at a fading moon...

Speaking for me, I'm just exfrighted. Excited that FINALLY the witch is dead, while simultaneously frightened that the team suffers and Snyder survives this.

Best case scenario-Snyder is gone and we function as a viable franchise with fully spending ability until new owner found.

Worst case scenario- League penalizes the team with salary cap/pick penalties while Dan is put in time-out.

Hard for me to be fully erect until I know more

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah it honestly seems too good to be true. I want it to be true more than anything (in a sports fan sense of the phrase), but after this long tease of scandal after scandal…I need to see something REAL start to develop before I feel real hope. I’ve been discussing it with distance and rationality, but I won’t get excited until it feels real. We aren’t over that hump yet and this nightmare has lasted too long for me to risk getting my hopes up again. 

It could save this franchise and invigorate this fanbase, bringing with it a new era of hope. But it isn’t real yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Once the Washington Post and other major organizations do their own sourcing, it will snowball. I am not at all doubting the reporting AJ Perez has done and it’s been fantastic, but at this point there is no reason why other major outlets won’t be able to do their own sourcing to draw similar conclusions. Perez is saying he has multiple sources so why would they only talk to him? It just needs a little time to explode once ESPN and WaPo jump in. 

• Like 2

I feel you gentlemen.  Everything we wanted regarding this franchise has not come to fruition.  I have this fear as well, however I am going to keep the faith and like I stated in another thread, sadly if you mess with the fellow owners money, those owners will actually do something as opposed to acting on sexual assault allegations.  That is just the cold hard facts.  Only is this situation I want Snyder gone so bad that whatever it is that gets rid of him, I will take.  Every other day sexual assault should be taken more seriously.  

Bottom line, he is out because he effected his partners were it really hurts in their wallets.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Once the Washington Post and other major organizations do their own sourcing, it will snowball. I am not at all doubting the reporting AJ Perez has done and it’s been fantastic, but at this point there is no reason why other major outlets won’t be able to do their own sourcing to draw similar conclusions. Perez is saying he has multiple sources so why would they only talk to him? It just needs a little time to explode once ESPN and WaPo jump in. 

Didn't Incarceratedbob go with this story as well.   What more do you need? :) 

• Thumb down 1

Maybe it’s just me, but my enthusiasm is curbed due to this AJ Perez guy being the only one reporting on it.

Beyond that, he’s only reporting what’s alleged, not that he has some concrete source that it actually happened.  Maybe there’s more, but I had never heard of this dude until the other day.

Obviously, I hope he’s right.  I can think of no greater gift for this fanbase and I’ll be right there with all of you tap dancing on Snyder’s ownership grave if it is.  

• Like 2

It took a Congressional hearing for this information to get out, but Congress ultimately can’t legally do anything to him as an owner.

The other owners find out he’s messing with their nut, though… Santino won’t be able to hold back Luca Brasi.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 1

If proven true, it doesn’t say a lot for the way the league is being ran....again....

You would think something as straightforward as the reallocation of ticket revenue would be a process that is easily auditable on an annual basis.

If Danny boys has been able to circumvent that, it’s another slight on the tenure of Goodell.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This is what I was hoping I'd see when I got up, reports like this.  I am like most everyone else here, I'll believe it when I see it. But stories like this often come true, there is so much smoke this time.

So how does this get "proven"?  Will the league interview the witnesses?  Does anyone trust Snyder's books should they be audited?  

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is what I was hoping I'd see when I got up, reports like this.  I am like most everyone else here, I'll believe it when I see it. But stories like this often come true, there is so much smoke this time.

So how does this get "proven"?  Will the league interview the witnesses?  Does anyone trust Snyder's books should they be audited?  

Depends on how serious the league is about investigating this. It seems from the various rumors that Beth Wilkinson actually did find out the "truth" in her investigation--the league just squelched it. An investigative team hired by the league undoubtedly could figure out what's going on. 

I wouldn't mistake the silence so far from the prestige media and the league for a cover-up. More like, everybody is trying to get their bearings and develop a strategy. I guarantee that every available hand at the Washington Post is working their sources relentlessly this morning and that the NFL general counsel's office didn't get a lot of sleep this weekend.

• Like 1

Athletic

I had to cut it off because there was an expletive in the next line

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 7.32.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 7.34.11 AM.png

I'd add the one thing Perez, the writer of the original story said on 106.7 yesterday is that there is more than just the testimony here to this story.  He didn't know if its 100% for sure true.  but he did say there is more than just the testimony.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Personally, I think a lot of folks are going to be very disappointed.  Frankly I don’t think Snyder is stupid enough to try and steal from the NFL and I don’t think he’s smart enough to actually pull it off for years.

Also, the team has had multiple CFOs over the years.  Each one of them would have had to have been in on the conspiracy.

And the NFL might not really care  about a lot of bad behavior, but I’m damn sure they care a lot about the finances.  And I’m sure they rigorously audit all the financial information on a very regular basis.  And I’m sure the NFL has access to a to. Of ticket Information anyway through the teams websites and secondhand ticket market sites.

To me this feels like a fishing expedition by people who have an ax to grind who know the story will get traction and make Dan look bad even if there isn’t a shred of truth to it.  

Id like to be wrong.  But I think all this is going to do is work the local sports media up into a froth for a bit.  And then it will go away.  

I do hope if it does get cleared, the folks who are going to go crazy today in the media will apologize for being an easy mark.  

2 hours ago, ntotoro said:

It took a Congressional hearing for this information to get out, but Congress ultimately can’t legally do anything to him as an owner.

The other owners find out he’s messing with their nut, though… Santino won’t be able to hold back Luca Brasi.

But didn’t Luca end up on a permanent seafood diet before  he could extract his vengeance? 😥

image.thumb.jpeg.0f9d3051153f6d5b38c55eb026f6433e.jpeg

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1