Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

19 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I'm asking cause I really don't know.  Was JKC's behavior as bad as Snyder?  I never knew about JKC's issues.  Guess I was too young at the time.

The things I've read and that were reported didn't involve employees, so in that sense they were not as bad....but, yeah, they were pretty bad.

Edited by Califan007
Good lord, did I ever **** up this tweet lol...
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

In my opinion, no. But I was a kid and I will admit that the media covered the team/owner differently. He had a crazy wife who was in the news and I know that sometimes he was inappropriate. But again, he treated his employees well and it seemed as though the organization/team was firewalled from the drama. 

"As mayor of the District in 1992, Sharon Pratt had to negotiate a new football stadium deal with Jack Kent Cooke, the late owner of the Washington Redskins, who brought to the table a nauseating stench of sexism. Cooke would address Pratt, then known as Pratt Kelly, as "dear girl" and "darling mayor." He even patted her on the rear after a breakthrough in one of their talks."

I'm not sure how ok I would have been with something like this from my favorite team's owner, regardless of whether or not the women worked for the team.

I wont go into the rest of the stuff I've read about him over the past 20 years...some of it is pretty harsh. And I'm not really wanting to destroy the reputation of someone who can't fight back. But, yeah, never heard this stuff when it was happening, and the thrill of all the wins and SB titles makes it easier to compartmentalize it (along with, as you pointed out, didn't seem to carry over into how he ran the team--at least that I know of).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They can occupy our land, our country and yes even the “ownership” of our sacred team but they will never make us slaves unless we cease to resist in our hearts.

Today I may cry a bit but inside my soul— my resistance only grows stronger.

One fine morning our victory will come.

image.jpeg.cfa55cecf88365eb26e9331a6484b0a8.jpeg

Today I feel like singing Le Marseilles.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

2 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Im hoping this doesnt mean hes going to stay put.  It could be just making it easier to consolidate all shares under one person, meaning a sale to Bezos or someone else is now way simpler, and more profitable for Snyder(also meaning more likely as he likes money Ive heard).

If he stayed long term, then its so funny to see the NFL and its other owners dash themselves upon the rocks and hurt their own product and reputations in a bid to save some scum they dont even like.  Basically its like watching them devour themselves tail first while thinking they are saving themselves, and probably says a lot about just how sleazy they all are to be fearful they would be next and must "protect one of their own".

I got bad news for you.Snyder is going to be the owner for a very long time!

3 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

You should be ashamed of being a fan of this team. Unironically, I have more respect for the Cowboys Eagles and Giants than I do this team.

Fine, make this your last post and go somewhere else.

I hate Snyder as much as anyone here, but you're either a fan of the team or not.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 4

Worst news in awhile. He is still a POS. He is doing better letting football guys run the team but he is still a POS as a person. Maybe this helps the league take the team from him. Very disappointed. I will still of course root for the players and coaches but will not be spending any direct money on the team until snyder is gone.

And people need to stop trying to rationalize snyder by saying JKC did things too. That is ridiculous. Ok, JKC was certainly no saint and benefited from no social media. That does not mean dan snyder is not a complete POS - and he is a complete POS. The two things have nothing to do with each other. If it's wrong it's wrong. And we know for sure what dan has done. 

So **** him!!  Very disappointing news. Was really hoping the NFL would take the team away. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

@Califan007 you're right. I think there was absolutely a couple things at play...

1) he was dynamic and likeable so I think things he did that were inappropriate became "oh well" 

2) the team was covered much differently back then - the local papers and networks loved having a winner rather than drama

Absolutely true on both counts.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not defending the actions of JKC, but it was a much, much different time.   We've progressed as a society quite a bit since then.  

Have we? Or are there just more people willing to speak against this kind of crap? We have come further IMO but it doesn’t excuse the past. 

By my count this team has had three owners, all of them ****s on some level. 

If we’re ok with this teams history of slimeball, mysoginistic and racist owners, why does it stop now? Because if the team was winning no one would be talking like this I’m sure of it. 

Patriots fans didn’t call it quits when Kraft got caught getting hand jobs at the massage parlor. But now that Brady is gone and they didn’t make the playoffs I guarantee fans are jumping off the bandwagon.

36 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Worst news in awhile. He is still a POS. He is doing better letting football guys run the team but he is still a POS as a person. Maybe this helps the league take the team from him. Very disappointed. I will still of course root for the players and coaches but will not be spending any direct money on the team until snyder is gone.

And people need to stop trying to rationalize snyder by saying JKC did things too. That is ridiculous. Ok, JKC was certainly no saint and benefited from no social media. That does not mean dan snyder is not a complete POS - and he is a complete POS. The two things have nothing to do with each other. If it's wrong it's wrong. And we know for sure what dan has done. 

So **** him!!  Very disappointing news. Was really hoping the NFL would take the team away. 

My thought was maybe he's buying out the minority owners so that when he's forced to sell the team he'll make much more than he would have just selling his present shares. That he's doing this proactively knowing hes gonna have to sell, and the NFL is like yeah, whatever, just get him out the door.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

My thought was maybe he's buying out the minority owners so that when he's forced to sell the team he'll make much more than he would have just selling his present shares. That he's doing this proactively knowing hes gonna have to sell, and the NFL is like yeah, whatever, just get him out the door.

I was wondering about this as well. He probably doesn’t want the minority owners to profit from the sale either. I doubt this is the actual scenario but I’m willing to believe there’s a 1% chance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I tell myself the same thing and my therapist is just tired of hearing it.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yea, I mentioned that too.  But given the leagues history of protecting their own I will believe it when I see it. But I would be elated if they took it from him. Might make my whole decade!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Yea, I mentioned that too.  But given the leagues history of protecting their own I will believe it when I see it. But I would be elated if they took it from him. Might make my whole decade!  

Maybe that's where I got it from lol...

44 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

By the way, I haven't seen anyone do this.

When I mentioned JKC, it was within the context of no longer able to be a fan of the team due to the owner's despicable behavior. Within THAT context they absolutely have everything to do with each other. Because it calls into question what makes people remain fans...we need to stop thinking only one owner can be criticized and that one owner must be Snyder. This franchise has had its share of owners you want to shake your head about in disgust...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

I'm still not sure where I fall on other people continuing to be fans of the team.  I just know personally that I'm out.  Snyder is a terrible owner and astonishingly, even more of a terrible human being.  I don't think I could rationally explain to my wife or kids how I continued to support this team even after everything that came out recently.  Congrats Dan.  You won.  You can bury my fandom with all those skeletons in the closet.

Why would you tie your Fandom to anything other than the inanimate object that is the team itself?

Players and owners come and go throughout the history of every team and many of them do outlandish and embarrassing things, none of which we as fans should feel guilty for just because we root for the team they are associated with.

Dan Snyder is the owner of the Washington football team but he is not the Washington football team.

There's no reason we as fans should be ashamed of anything him or any of the players do, that's completely out of our control and we shouldn't have to keep bouncing from team to team hoping we land somewhere that has no history of embarrassing moments, because it's not actually possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Why would you tie your Fandom to anything other than the inanimate object that is the team itself?

Players and owners come and go throughout the history of every team and many of them do outlandish and embarrassing things, none of which we as fans should feel guilty for just because we root for the team they are associated with.

Dan Snyder is the owner of the Washington football team but he is not the Washington football team.

There's no reason we as fans should be ashamed of anything him or any of the players do, that's completely out of our control and we shouldn't have to keep bouncing from team to team hoping we land somewhere that has no history of embarrassing moments, because it's not actually possible. 

I think reasonable people can differ on this.  I can see your perspective and the decision to separate the owner from the team.  This is where I was trying to be for the past year. 

But from my perspective an owner is about as integral part of the team as anything else.  And while we can't expect to have your chosen team be owned and run by saints, I think there is a line somewhere where you just want nothing more to do with the piece of trash that owns the team, in however remote a way.  I can understand those who feel differently, but that's just where I am.  

• Like 1