Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Am i the only one that is ok with Snyder as an owner? I mean, yeah, dude sucks...but will Bezos be any better? We all know that Bezos is a terrible human being, a penis that wished to be a real boy. Who knows what Bezos or any of the other new owners would do once they got a hold of the reins. I'd rather stick with the evil we already know. Plus, it looks like he's finally backed off from making any football decisions...for now...

Yeah I think it's just you man.  lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Am i the only one that is ok with Snyder as an owner? I mean, yeah, dude sucks...but will Bezos be any better? We all know that Bezos is a terrible human being, a penis that wished to be a real boy. Who knows what Bezos or any of the other new owners would do once they got a hold of the reins. I'd rather stick with the evil we already know. Plus, it looks like he's finally backed off from making any football decisions...for now...

This was my stance for a while several years ago. But that was mostly related to the on-field product. As I've gotten older, it's impossible to be OK with "the evil we know" when that evil is a predatory criminal or, at best, allows predatory things to happen on his watch. The football operations, meddling, etc. are such a blip on the radar compared to the awful culture he's fostered. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Who knows what Bezos or any of the other new owners would do once they got a hold of the reins. I'd rather stick with the evil we already know. 

Because averaging 6-10 for over 20 ****ing years is totally acceptable.

And I'm not even getting into the total contempt of the teams actual fans for more than 20 years or any of the other BS he's been a part of.

If you ever need someone to turn gold into manure then surely Doofus Dan is your man!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I hope you are one of a few in a vanishingly small and continually shrinking group, but no you probably aren’t alone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

If we get Bezos, every part of the facilities will immediately be upgraded to state of the art.  A Taj mahal of a stadium will be built in DC.  Our franchise becomes the Four Seasons of sports teams (not the landscaping version).  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

You’re on an island for sure, but not totally alone.

Sure, a new owner is an unknown.  Talk about the easiest gig in the world.  There is nowhere to go but up when your following Dan Snyder.  Dan literally has no achievements since buying the team.  Only embarrassment, wasted money, and scandal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I'm sure you aren't the only one that feels this way. There's not even a guarantee the next owner would be Bezos, I'd take my chances with anyone else. It's been over 20 years and we haven't even been close to fielding a SB caliber team, never even won 11 games under Snyder's ownership. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I would guess there are a handful or so of Dan supporters left.  There was a real active pro Dan guy who used to post a ton, last run I recall from him was selling the idea that Dan pushed the Haskins pick was completely false.  Back when the pick happened.  That point didn't age too well for him.

It's hard for me to fathom how anyone can be worse than Dan.  Dan is considered by some the worst owner in sports or at least neck and neck with James Nolan.  It would be IMO very hard to randomly get someone that bad. 

Speaking for myself, I can deal with incompetence better if it came with class.  But this franchise has suffered from being both considered incompetent and lacking class.  I became a fan in the 80s when this franchise was known for the opposite.  It's sad what this dude has done to a flagship franchise

Dan's tenure: 

if recall one of the 5-6 worst records in the NFL

one of the only teams not to reach the NFC championship

only team not to win more than 10 games

just 2 playoff wins

The team has been a NFL punchline for much of his tenure

It's moved from being a flagship team to one that's often considered irrelevant.  We can't even get Sunday Night Football games anymore because no one cares to watch them.

Gone from the team with having one of the best attendance in the NFL to half empty stadiums, invaded by the opponents

Considered having one of the worst faclilties in the league

Embarassing stories about suing old ladies, suing newspapers, the cheerleader stories, the current sexual harassment stories.

The stories of Dan's interference on moves that have backfired

The stories about the culture being rotten there and driven by fear and Dan's impatence

How much worse can it get?  Bezos is known to be a bit of a jerk to work for like Dan is but he's not really seen as slimy or incompetent.    Dan seems to run the other businesses he's attempted into the ground as well.  I think he hit lightening in the bottle in the early 90s with a telemarketing business but its been a downward spiral for him since:  980?  Six Flags?  Johnny Rocket.  Dan certainly doesn't have the Midas Touch.   Bezos is considered one of the most successful businessmen in the world.   Dan on the other hand according to some is a laughingstock among his own NFL owner peer group.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

@Skinsinparadise nice point about class vs. success. If you recall, we sucked post-Gibbs from 1993-1998 (possibly worse than we have been under Snyder). But we were still a well-respected and classy organization. In the moment, I was excited for a change because I thought it would help. In hindsight, I now understand how important it is for the team to do things the right way (winning will come and go if things are done properly). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

@Skinsinparadise nice point about class vs. success. If you recall, we sucked post-Gibbs from 1993-1998 (possibly worse than we have been under Snyder). But we were still a well-respected and classy organization. In the moment, I was excited for a change because I thought it would help. In hindsight, I now understand how important it is for the team to do things the right way (winning will come and go if things are done properly). 

Yeah we've not been the lovable losers.  This isn't like the Cubs before they won a WS.   We are both losers and fun to hate at the same time.    Ron Rivera is so likeble that I think its helped for now take off some of that Dan stench.  But I would say Dan is easily considered both the most incompetent owner and the biggest jerk at the same time.  As Sheehan likes to say, matching up arrogance with delusion and incompetence is how things have rolled there. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given how off the field things have gone (team finances, stadium decaying and fans not showing up, etc) I’m struggling to find what snyder has done that’s even in the plus column. 

like what’s one thing?

the only thing I can think of is the breast cancer thing and that was his wife not him. 

• Like 1

Toxic work culture, pimping out the cheerleaders, can't keep a coach, won't keep a GM, feuds with the media, feuds with his neighbors, can't get a stadium deal, can't even provide a decent field surface to play on.  Dan Snyder is one of the worst owners in North American sports and if you threw a dart at a DC Metro area phonebook opened to a random page, there is a 99% chance that whatever name you hit would be better than Dan Snyder.  

• Like 5

On 3/8/2021 at 10:55 AM, tshile said:

the other owners surely have “skeletons in their closet” as most people who make it into the later years do...

but on this level? 

I don't believe that 30 other owners are upstanding citizens, but I also don't believe that 30 other owners are pimping their cheerleaders out to rich fans. 

Suppose 1-2 other owners actually engaged in bad behavior at the level that Dan did.  We don't know who those other 1-2 are and what they did, but we know who Dan is and what he did.  So he should be punished.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would guess there are a handful or so of Dan supporters left.  There was a real active pro Dan guy who used to post a ton, last run I recall from him was selling the idea that Dan pushed the Haskins pick was completely false.  Back when the pick happened.  That point didn't age too well for him.

It's hard for me to fathom how anyone can be worse than Dan.  Dan is considered by some the worst owner in sports or at least neck and neck with James Nolan.  It would be IMO very hard to randomly get someone that bad. 

Speaking for myself, I can deal with incompetence better if it came with class.  But this franchise has suffered from being both considered incompetent and lacking class.  I became a fan in the 80s when this franchise was known for the opposite.  It's sad what this dude has done to a flagship franchise

Dan's tenure: 

if recall one of the 5-6 worst records in the NFL

one of the only teams not to reach the NFC championship

only team not to win more than 10 games

just 2 playoff wins

The team has been a NFL punchline for much of his tenure

It's moved from being a flagship team to one that's often considered irrelevant.  We can't even get Sunday Night Football games anymore because no one cares to watch them.

Gone from the team with having one of the best attendance in the NFL to half empty stadiums, invaded by the opponents

Considered having one of the worst faclilties in the league

Embarassing stories about suing old ladies, suing newspapers, the cheerleader stories, the current sexual harassment stories.

The stories of Dan's interference on moves that have backfired

The stories about the culture being rotten there and driven by fear and Dan's impatence

How much worse can it get?  Bezos is known to be a bit of a jerk to work for like Dan is but he's not really seen as slimy or incompetent.    Dan seems to run the other businesses he's attempted into the ground as well.  I think he hit lightening in the bottle in the early 90s with a telemarketing business but its been a downward spiral for him since:  980?  Six Flags?  Johnny Rocket.  Dan certainly doesn't have the Midas Touch.   Bezos is considered one of the most successful businessmen in the world.   Dan on the other hand according to some is a laughingstock among his own NFL owner peer group.  

Sure he does...the Reverse Midas Touch. In fact, the Hollies wrote a song called just that back in the 60s. Did they have a time machine so they could witness the disaster of Snyder's ownership?

I'm not the guy to run with
'Cause I'll throw you off the line
I'll break you and destroy you
Given time

He's King Midas with a curse
He's King Midas in reverse
He's King Midas with a curse
He's King Midas in reverse

It's plain to see it's hopeless
Going on the way we are
So even though I'd lose you
You'd be better off by far

He's not the man to hold your trust
Everything he touches turns to dust
In his hands
Nothing he can do is right
He'd even like to sleep at night
But he can't

Let's not forget that the company Snyder made his billions with, Snyder Communications, was later shut down for fraud I believe. There's a thread here:

https://es.redskins.com/topic/329705-the-phone-slamming-king-how-snyder-communications-made-dan-snyder-rich-1997-1999-rich-enough-to-buy-the-washington-redskins/

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Simmsy said:

You are not alone

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Simmsy said:

For some, Dan Snyder would be preferable to an unknown because in 20 years he's passively accrued enough football knowledge and experience to put himself head and shoulders above a dilettante who'd have us suffer the same growing pains as a young, brash Snyder. Old Dan is better than another young Dan, on that I agree.

However, I'll take a new owner who's had a history of legitimate business success and robust experience nurturing human capital, not another modern day robber baron like Daniel Snyder who amassed their wealth by overleveraging businesses and dumping them to oblivious buyers in a bubble market while stabbing partners in the back.

Our work culture sucks because our owner knows nothing about cultivating a positive culture, empowering staff, or bringing out the best in his people. Find a billionaire who can do these things, sell him/her the team, and we'll hoist another Lombardi in 5 years tops.

10 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Dan Snyder would be preferable to an unknown because in 20 years he's passively accrued enough football knowledge and experience to put himself head and shoulders above a dilettante who'd have us suffer the same growing pains as a young, brash Snyder. Old Dan is better than another young Dan, on that I agree

This seems to be an overly optimistic picture of Snyder’s “growth” as an owner and it isn’t backed by anything. 

by all reports snyder had his hands in drafting our latest QB which was by all accounts drafted too high, needed work we didn’t see but everyone else saw, and was cut before finishing his second season. 

what the hell exactly about that says Dan learned a god damn thing from when he first took over the team?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, because the guy tripped over his own feet for 20 years, we’re supposed to consider that ‘valuable experience’ that anyone else with billions of dollars won’t possess?

The narrative that Snyder is better positioned than an outsider because of his two decades in the league is majorly flawed. That implies that the only way someone can successfully run a NFL franchise is by gaining experience in the NFL. I'd argue that organizational development, regardless of industry, is much more critical. I'd much rather have an owner who has succeeded doing something else than an owner who's repeatedly failed doing this. 

• Like 4